NFLN Analyst Predicts 0-8 Commanders Start to Season

turtle28

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/network-adam-rank-washington-schedule-breakdown-game-football-update?fbclid=IwAR2-DSn0z57h3kwalgknis7ghvqZNiUC-sOpE6f3q74CQviH-YSMQKdRX_4&fs=e&s=cl

”The Washington Commanders have the easiest strength of schedule heading into the NFL this season, but NFL Network analyst Adam Rank still believes the team will struggle. In a game-by-game breakdown of the team's schedule, Rank does not view the Commanders in a favorable light. 

Despite facing the two worst teams in the NFL from a year ago in the first two weeks (Jacksonville Jaguars and Detroit Lions), Rank has Washington falling to 0-2 to start the season. Those two losses trickle into eight straight to begin the season.

Week 9 is when Rank believes the Commanders snap their losing streak, pulling out a win against the Minnesota Vikings. 

To round out the season, Rank predicts just two more wins for the Commanders in Weeks 12 & 13 against the Atlanta Falcons and New York Giants, but has the team ending the year on a four-game losing streak to finish 3-14.”

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/network-adam-rank-washington-schedule-breakdown-game-football-update?fbclid=IwAR2-DSn0z57h3kwalgknis7ghvqZNiUC-sOpE6f3q74CQviH-YSMQKdRX_4&fs=e&s=cl

”The Washington Commanders have the easiest strength of schedule heading into the NFL this season, but NFL Network analyst Adam Rank still believes the team will struggle. In a game-by-game breakdown of the team's schedule, Rank does not view the Commanders in a favorable light. 

Despite facing the two worst teams in the NFL from a year ago in the first two weeks (Jacksonville Jaguars and Detroit Lions), Rank has Washington falling to 0-2 to start the season. Those two losses trickle into eight straight to begin the season.

Week 9 is when Rank believes the Commanders snap their losing streak, pulling out a win against the Minnesota Vikings. 

To round out the season, Rank predicts just two more wins for the Commanders in Weeks 12 & 13 against the Atlanta Falcons and New York Giants, but has the team ending the year on a four-game losing streak to finish 3-14.”

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

If that were to happen?

Then Wentz will probably be gone.

And Rivera & staff BETTER be gone.

Having said that, I truly believe we have a better chance in going 14-3 vs 3-14.

And we've NEVER won 11+ games under Snyder.

Another reason?

You guys should check out my *new* thread in general.

Regarding Suffix years in the past by teams & how they've done & what to expect. 2022, 2012, 2002, 1992, etc. 😁

Don't don't sweat going 3-14.

It's not happening!! 😁

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 1

I spend my fair share of time in the Curmudgeon Cave these days, but…

That is absolutely ridiculous. Just clown shoes stuff. Like “lose your job because you’re such an idiot and/or just shamelessly trying to drum up outrageous clickbait BS” type of ridiculous. 

Anything is possible, but as we all keep saying…we’re talking about a team that was 7-10 with a tougher schedule, Heinicke (and Allen/Gilbert) at QB, and a defense that was impossibly bad for half the year. The idea that somehow they’re going to just collapse is really far-fetched.

Here’s the secret, boys. It’s a really solid team. It’s not a great team, and barring a couple huge breaks — the defense returning to 2020 form, Wentz playing like his old self, Jahan Dotson being as good as Terry — it’s probably never going to be a great team. The upside is pretty low (by choice, sadly). But the floor is pretty high, and this guy looks like a real dope for this prediction, in my opinion.

• Like 3

I have us at 12-5 this year.

Week 1 — HOME vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m, Sep. 11 = Win

Week 2 — ROAD at the Detroit Lions, 1 p.m., Sep. 18=Win

Week 3 — HOME vs. the Philadelphia Eagles, 1 p.m. Sep. 25=Win

Week 4 — ROAD at the Dallas Cowboys, 1 p.m., Oct. 2 =Win

Week 5 — HOME vs. the Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m. Oct. 9=Win

Week 6 — ROAD at the Chicago Bears, 8:15 p.m., Oct. 13 (Thursday night)= Loss

Week 7 — HOME vs. the Green Bay Packers, 1 p.m., Oct. 23=Loss

Week 8 — ROAD at the Indianapolis Colts, 4:25 p.m., Oct. 30=Win

Week 9 — HOME vs. the Minnesota Vikings, 1 p.m., Nov. 6=Win

Week 10 — ROAD at the Philadelphia Eagles, 8:15 p.m., Nov. 14 (Monday night)=Win

Week 11 — ROAD at the Houston Texans, 1 p.m., Nov. 20=Win

Week 12 — HOME vs. the Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m., Nov. 27=Loss

Week 13 — ROAD at the New York Giants, 1 p.m., Dec. 4=Win

Week 14 — BYE

Week 15 — HOME vs. the New York Giants (time and date TBD; could be Saturday Dec. 17 or Sunday Dec. 18)=Win

Week 16 — ROAD at the San Francsico 49ers, 4:05, Dec. 24=Loss

Week 17 — HOME vs. the Cleveland Browns, 1 p.m., Jan. 1=Loss

Week 18 — HOME vs. the Dallas Cowboys, (time and date TBD; could be Saturday Jan. 7 or Sunday Jan. 8)=Win

I got us losing to Bears, Packers, Falcons, 49ers & Browns

Packers, Falcons & Niners winning Division.

Browns getting WC & Bears barely missing playoffs.

We sweep division & win division at 12-5
Dallas gets WC at 11-6 (2 losses vs wsh)

Check out my suffix thread in general for analysis on all teams & their history.

On 7/11/2022 at 11:03 PM, aceinthehouse said:

If that were to happen?

Then Wentz will probably be gone.

And Rivera & staff BETTER be gone.

Having said that, I truly believe we have a better chance in going 14-3 vs 3-14.

And we've NEVER won 11+ games under Snyder.

Another reason?

You guys should check out my *new* thread in general.

Regarding Suffix years in the past by teams & how they've done & what to expect. 2022, 2012, 2002, 1992, etc. 😁

Don't don't sweat going 3-14.

It's not happening!! 😁

100% agree, and that never happens! 😂 

Our team is far more set up to get close to winning 13 or 14 games than it is only winning 3 or 4. 

Heck, even if Wentz was awful or whatever - which I don’t foresee happening - we’d give the rock to Heinicke who was 7-8 as a starter last year. 7-9 in games he played in.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@aceinthehouse I think 12-5, 13-4 with some absolute breaks that we never seem to get is this team’s ceiling.

I think most likely we end up 10-7 this season w/ an outside chance of winning the division with an 11-6 record.

Our floor is very high as @e16bball said on the other thread. I few like our floor is 7-10 again or 8-9.

Sounds cliche'

But I think health & injuries will be the deciding factor in our overall record.

I mean, there will be injuries. Always are.

But how bad those injuries are, who are injured & even the timing of those injuries vs matchups. Will play a huge role.

But talent wise?

If we can stay relatively healthy as a team?

I think 12 wins can happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Sounds cliche'

But I think health & injuries will be the deciding factor in our overall record.

I mean, there will be injuries. Always are.

But how bad those injuries are, who are injured & even the timing of those injuries vs matchups. Will play a huge role.

But talent wise?

If we can stay relatively healthy as a team?

I think 12 wins can happen.

So we’re arguing over 1 win? So, essentially we’re in the same place. I say 10 or 11 wins, you say 12. We’re at least in the same neighborhood. Charlie Day Reaction GIF

• Like 1

First 8 games I have us at 6-2 or 5-3.

Week 1 — HOME vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m, Sep. 11 = Win

Week 2 — ROAD at the Detroit Lions, 1 p.m., Sep. 18=Win

Week 3 — HOME vs. the Philadelphia Eagles, 1 p.m. Sep. 25=Win

Week 4 — ROAD at the Dallas Cowboys, 1 p.m., Oct. 2 =Loss

Week 5 — HOME vs. the Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m. Oct. 9=Win

Week 6 — ROAD at the Chicago Bears, 8:15 p.m., Oct. 13 (Thursday night)= Win

Week 7 — HOME vs. the Green Bay Packers, 1 p.m., Oct. 23=Loss

Week 8 — ROAD at the Indianapolis Colts, 4:25 p.m., Oct. 30=Win

I could see us beating Dallas as well, but on the road it could be our first loss & most likely will be.

I could see us losing to Indy on the road bc they’re an extremely balanced team w/ Matt Ryan at QB, a great running game & a great D but I’m hopeful that Wentz balls out in Indy and our D gives Matt Ryan some hell like they did at times last year in Atlanta and we win that game for Wentz.

Obviously, the Tennessee game could go either way & Derrick Henry is a load but I think Tanehill is going to miss AJ Brown immensely. I don’t see the Titans passing game being be near as good this year, so at home I think there’s a good chance we can win that one despite Derrick Henry likely having a good day vs our D.