Mike Sando's QB Tiers List

TheRealMcCoy

QB Tier List Poll:  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with your teams QB ranking?

• Way too low.... what are these coaches and executives they polled for this smoking???
    • They are ranked properly or close enough where I can't complain too much.
    • Way too high.... I don't expect anyone to really chose this one, but thought I'd include it anyways.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Someone like Trevor Lawrence doesn't really seem to fit very neatly into these categories.  He should probably be in the "unproven" category of Tier 4 at this point.  But at the same time, i think he's shown enough that you could safely put him in Tier 3 as a baseline.  It doesn't really fit though, as there's a lot more "upside" than typical for that bracket.  That's more like his "floor" than his "ceiling" as it is for most of those guys. 

Well his floor is 59% comp, 12:17 ratio for 3600 yards and a 71 rating, right? Hopefully?

Seems like his floor would be the Drew Lock / Geno Smith tier. 

Kirk Cousins got hosed big time.  He is as good as any of the listed tier 2 QBs, of which, in 2021, he had either more TDs or fewer INTs, if not both, and a better passer rating than all but Dak.  He has literally been a 30-10 guy since becoming a full time starter.  

I hate that I have to constantly carry water for the QB of the freaking Vikings.  It makes me ill.  

• Like 3

Tier 1, I wonder if it’s too soon to put Burrow and Herbert with the nfl’s most elite. I also feel like there is nothing more Stafford could do to prove he belongs up there too. 

Tier 2, I was super impressed with what Carr was able to do last year with less. I think he and Stafford have been slept on quite a bit in their careers, although I’m not quite as high on him as Davante Adam’s is lol. I don’t think of Matt Ryan as a tier 2 qb anymore. Maybe higher end tier 3 at best. 

Tier 3, what a fall off in talent lol. I was gonna complain about some guys being rated that high but apparently forgot how much it drops at that point. Statistically it’s funny that Kirk Cousins looks the part on paper but it doesn’t play a part in winning games so much. He’s better than league average but not a guy you get excited about having despite consistency. Tier 3 just looks like the island of misfit toys. 

Tier 4, hey look it’s two bears qbs. this section is more based on potential and not accomplishments because having Fields at the top is bold. I wonder if it means in a redraft they’d have Fields go to NYJ. Tua imo should still be the top of this list. I don’t understand how Mariota’s value has increased as much as it has. Even in his best years he wasn’t good. I’d have him in tier 5, along with Drew Lock. Trubisky on the other hand should be towards the top of this tier, and in season I hope to see him the middle of tier 3. I don’t think he was horrible in Chicago, had a healthy year in Buffalo to learn under daboll and Allen. I figure he could surprise some this season and has untapped potential. 

Tier 5, Geno Smith. Poor guy lol. Honestly he outperformed my expectations last year and showed he might fringe belong in the league, more than some other guys on this list. Looking at you Mariota.