WR Julio Jones signs 1-year deal with Bucs

ACO

16 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Julio’s massive production (in almost 7/8 seasons consecutive) amounting to still 9k less than Rice’s receiving record makes me wonder if it’s the most untouchable record in sports. Well, outside of Devin Hester since they changed the rules lol. 

With the way the passing game keeps expanding and rookie WRs are coming in making big impacts immediately, I don't think it's as untouchable as it was 10 years ago. Also these players are younger when they start than they typically used to be.

For example, Jerry Rice was 23 as a rookie. Justin Jefferson is about to have his age 23 season this year and already has 196 catches for 3,016 yards. I'm not saying he's some lock to challenge Rice or anything; we just saw what 1 injury can do to a young stud WR in Michael Thomas. Just an example of very young players getting off to hot starts, which continues to become more commonplace.

Don't get me wrong, it's still going to take an all-timer with great injury luck to take down that record, but I don't think impossible like I used to think it was.

Edited by seminoles1

On 7/26/2022 at 4:47 PM, ET80 said:

You have to figure this is a dirt cheap signing. Value is relative in that sense.

$6M, all guaranteed if he's on roster week 1, and they did 4 void years to not pay the whole hit this year....I'm going to stand by it not being worth it, to me.

• Like 1