RUMOR: Will Cousins be traded for Garappolo next March?

turtle28

Okay, let's assume for a second this has any sort of merit and isn't Czaban taking meds ... err ... Czaban trying to create traffic for his radio show/website.

In reading over this thread, most of the negative responses are essentially asking why the 49ers would agree to this trade after trading for Garoppolo a couple of weeks ago.

19 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Why would we want Garoppolo though?  He isn't under contract either, and we'd be stuck in the same situation.  

This.

Ignore the bad blood/feud between Snyder and the Shanahans for a moment (I do agree that would be a major stumbling block, though). If the Redskins were to make this trade, they would be in the exact same position as they are right now (having to make a decision about a quarterback who would be entering free agency in a month (assuming they trade in late January/early February)) with the downside of having significantly less tape/evaluation on the guy they have in house. Granted, the franchise tag would be cheaper if applied to Garoppolo (goes back to average of the top 10 at his position, instead of 145% of his Cousins' 2017 salary), but that's about the only upside.

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He’d be cheaper than cousins on a long term deal and maybe comparable or a slight downgrade. Those thing# would be enticing to our front office.

Why would he be cheaper? He has absolutely zero reason to sign a long term deal in March, and Cousins showed that you can do alright playing under the franchise tag for a year. $22M+ can soothe a lot of hurts.

What are the possible outcomes of this?

1. Jimmy Garoppolo turns out to be the next great QB (5% chance). Then they pay the man.
  2. Jimmy Garoppolo turns out to be the next QB to leave New England while backing up Brady. In other words, average to bum (45%). They wasted a season and gave away a better QB.
  3. Jimmy Garoppolo turns out to be essentially Kirk Cousins (50%). They end up in the same place: do you pay top dollar for a good-but-not-great QB?

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

If we start anything outside or Kirk or a rookie week one next year we’re stupid

I can see maybe starting McCoy if we draft a rookie, if only to make the rookie's play not look as bad.

On 11/16/2017 at 12:26 PM, Dashing202 said:

Close the thread turtle this is a silly idea and it's 100 percent unlikely to happen

we can't even be the race Kirk cousins next year 

It wasn’t my idea, it was Steve Czaban’s on ESPN980. And it’s very far fetched but plausible especially considering I think Snyder would believe he could market Jimmy G better than he could Cousins next offseason because he’d be a new toy who was tutored under Brady for 4 years.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It wasn’t my idea, it was Steve Czaban’s on ESPN980. And it’s very far fetched but plausible especially considering I think Snyder would believe he could market Jimmy G better than he could Cousins next offseason because he’d be a new toy who was tutored under Brady for 4 years.

I know but still that dude a fool 

That makes 0 sense how the 49ers trade a second rounder when they know they can either get Kirk or Jimmy G in free agency .

kyle shanahan will be an idiot when it comes to FO decisions .

he felt like john beck could be amazing like come on . Not saying Jimmy won't be good I my self am very high on him .

4 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

That makes 0 sense how the 49ers trade a second rounder when they know they can either get Kirk or Jimmy G in free agency .

kyle shanahan will be an idiot when it comes to FO decisions .

he felt like john beck could be amazing like come on . Not saying Jimmy won't be good I my self am very high on him .

If neither team can get their qb on a long term deal though, it might make sense. San Fran will pay Cousins what we probably won’t. We could try to extend Garapollo or keep him on a franchised deal which is $15 million less than Cousins’ 2018 franchise tag cost.

Turtle Jesus go buy injustice 2 and buy  new dlc with the ninja turtle pack and relax and play and forget about this thread . 

this isn't even a conversation like dude Kyle gonna get fired next year and it's a ridiculous idea by a radio host man.

this will never happen 

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

Turtle Jesus go buy injustice 2 and buy  new dlc with the ninja turtle pack and relax and play and forget about this thread . 

this isn't even a conversation like dude Kyle gonna get fired next year and it's a ridiculous idea by a radio host man.

this will never happen 

Never say never bro. Not likely to happen, but not an impossible idea. Also Kyle & Lynch have 6 year deals. They’ll at least get 4 or 5 to build the team.

13 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

The 49ers are retarded . They let go of an headcoach who was making the 49ers consistent NFC championship calibar teams and they let him go .

kyle shanahan will be gone soon if anything Lynch stays but he's been awful so far as a GM

They’re not going to be gone, they had a great draft. They’re rebuilding. 

Archived