Your approach to selections with different scoring formats

Hunter2_1

I play .5 ppr (2WR 1 Flex) and I want to know what tangible differences you’d make in selection with this scoring format, when compared to full PPR or non.

Can you give certain examples of the changes you’d make, if any? For example, do you move Chubb down several positions from non-PPR? Do you make any changes at all from Full PPR to half? 

Should I be prioritizing pass catching RBs even if they have a lower ADP? An example maybe …Swift over Henry?

thanks 

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The only noticeable difference is that occasionally strictly 3rd down backs carry value in PPR

So say there’s a Chubb or a Henry available to you, and they’re slightly behind their ADP. But there’s a pass catching RB or a WR2 that gets decent volume per game. (I dunno maybe Javonte or Higgins or something). Does the scoring format move your Decision either way?

On 8/30/2022 at 3:48 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

So say there’s a Chubb or a Henry available to you, and they’re slightly behind their ADP. But there’s a pass catching RB or a WR2 that gets decent volume per game. (I dunno maybe Javonte or Higgins or something). Does the scoring format move your Decision either way?

I don’t think by decision changes drastically. I’m going Henry, Javonte, Chubb, Higgins either way 

On 9/2/2022 at 12:42 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

And in casual leagues, they are massively over drafted. Allen went 2nd overall in my draft last night, Mahomes not far behind 😂

My thoughts on 2 QB leagues.  There's lots of ways to win, so prioritizing 2 high-end qbs isn't the end all be all.  However, if you wait and don't have at a minimum 2 average qbs you have zero chance of winning.  Keep messing around and drafting RBs/WRs and your starting QB might end up being Daniel Jones.  

On 8/26/2022 at 1:51 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

I play .5 ppr (2WR 1 Flex) and I want to know what tangible differences you’d make in selection with this scoring format, when compared to full PPR or non.

Can you give certain examples of the changes you’d make, if any? For example, do you move Chubb down several positions from non-PPR? Do you make any changes at all from Full PPR to half? 

Should I be prioritizing pass catching RBs even if they have a lower ADP? An example maybe …Swift over Henry?

thanks 

I prioritize pass catching rbs in both 1/2 and full PPR.  The biggest thing that I've found beneifical as far as formats is focusing on the number of WRs needed.  

In 2 WR formats, I prioritize RBs

In 3 WR formats, I prioritize WRs

In full PPR (and to a lesser extent 1/2 PPR) I ensure that my flex is a wr.

Also, it's nice to have a high end QB or TE. However, my rule is that I never spend high draft capital on BOTH.  Either wait on QB or wait on TE.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I prioritize pass catching rbs in both 1/2 and full PPR.  The biggest thing that I've found beneifical as far as formats is focusing on the number of WRs needed.  

In 2 WR formats, I prioritize RBs

In 3 WR formats, I prioritize WRs

In full PPR (and to a lesser extent 1/2 PPR) I ensure that my flex is a wr.

Also, it's nice to have a high end QB or TE. However, my rule is that I never spend high draft capital on BOTH.  Either wait on QB or wait on TE.

I have a similar philosophy. Prioritised pass catch RB within 2 picks, and just loaded up on WR, as it's a 2WR + 2Flex league. So can start 4

Came away with this last night; (Half PPR | 12 team | 5th pick |  Waller might have been a reach, but he wouldn't have lasted to my next pick I don't think. )

1. (5) Justin Jefferson (Min - WR)
2. (20) Leonard Fournette (TB - RB)
3. (29) A.J. Brown (Phi - WR)
4. (44) Mike Williams (LAC - WR)
5. (53) Darren Waller (LV - TE)
6. (68) David Montgomery (Chi - RB)
7. (77) Hunter Renfrow (LV - WR)
8. (92) Russell Wilson (Den - QB)
9. (101) Kareem Hunt (Cle - RB)
10. (116) Nyheim Hines (Ind - RB)
11. (125) Isaiah McKenzie (Buf - WR)
12. (140) Indianapolis (Ind - DEF)
13. (149) Skyy Moore (KC - WR)

(164) Dotson

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I have a similar philosophy. Prioritised pass catch RB within 2 picks, and just loaded up on WR, as it's a 2WR + 2Flex league. So can start 4

Came away with this last night; (Half PPR | 12 team | 5th pick |  Waller might have been a reach, but he wouldn't have lasted to my next pick I don't think. )

1. (5) Justin Jefferson (Min - WR)
2. (20) Leonard Fournette (TB - RB)
3. (29) A.J. Brown (Phi - WR)
4. (44) Mike Williams (LAC - WR)
5. (53) Darren Waller (LV - TE)
6. (68) David Montgomery (Chi - RB)
7. (77) Hunter Renfrow (LV - WR)
8. (92) Russell Wilson (Den - QB)
9. (101) Kareem Hunt (Cle - RB)
10. (116) Nyheim Hines (Ind - RB)
11. (125) Isaiah McKenzie (Buf - WR)
12. (140) Indianapolis (Ind - DEF)