Can someone explain to me

coffeedrinker

How, when you're number one WR is out of the game and your number two WR is out of the game you develop a game plan to give the best RB in the NFL only 10 touches?

Full disclosure, I was not able to see much of the game but JT ha to get more than 10 touches in a game to be effective, even if he doesn't gain a lot of yards to begin with.

1 hour ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

It’s not just Taylor, but it is ridiculous. 

Reich is an offensive genius but, as you said, he isn’t really good at utilizing his weapons well. The Eagles offense was utilizing HBs and TEs in the passing game and we still haven’t seen it. 

I was looking at Hines' plays as well.  I was really expecting him to be used a lot and have a big game, especially since Jags typically struggle with RBs catching out of the backfield.

I'm also no longer convinced Reich is an offensive genius.  He has had Brissett, Luck, Wentz, Leaf and Ryan as his QBs and the Colts have the same offensive struggles

Edited by coffeedrinker

57 minutes ago, coffeedrinker said:

I was looking at Hines' plays as well.  I was really expecting him to be used a lot and have a big game, especially since Jags typically struggle with RBs catching out of the backfield.

I'm also no longer convinced Reich is an offensive genius.  He has had Brissett, Luck, Wentz, Leaf and Ryan as his QBs and the Colts have the same offensive struggles

I saw a tweet where someone said that Reich is more concerned about looking smarter than you, then beating you and I almost feel like there is a sliver of truth to that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I saw a tweet where someone said that Reich is more concerned about looking smarter than you, then beating you and I almost feel like there is a sliver of truth to that. 

This thought has been knocking around my brain for a while, but I think Reich still has a job because: A) Luck quitting gave him a couple year reprieve and B) Ballard has put together such a talented roster they are going to be middle of the road no matter who the coach is.

2 hours ago, coffeedrinker said:

Probably what will happen is now, the Colts will have a 10-12 game win streak starting with the Chiefs.  Even if that happens, I don't think I will be a Franck Reich fan.

I said something similar in a thread in the NFL Gen forum but mine was Colts beat Chiefs and win 7-8 games and not be in a position to get a top QB in the draft 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, coffeedrinker said:

Someone at work said they would catch pieces of the game and at start of each drive he would say it finally was looking like the Colts were getting something started and then it wouldn't pan out.

I told him that describes the Colts to a tee since Manning left.

You know, if I had my guesses, it starts with Frank's play calling. However, there are other things (WR drops, oline play, defensive scheme) that won't automatically get better should the team nut up and hire an OC or elevate Brady. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warhorse said:

You know, if I had my guesses, it starts with Frank's play calling. However, there are other things (WR drops, oline play, defensive scheme) that won't automatically get better should the team nut up and hire an OC or elevate Brady. 

And WRs not getting separation. Something I heard great things in regards to Pierce and Pittman in training camp. Dulin wasn’t horrible though. 

From Stampeded Blue......

"Ah, well ya see, the Jags were absolutely selling out to stop JT and forcing the team to pass, passing wasn't working because when Matt Ryan wasn't busy avoiding a pass rush, his receivers were busy not catching passes.

Had they continued to run for 1.8 ypc (estimate) and kept running into 3 and outs, then we would all be sitting here asking why Reich didn't throw more.

The offense took what the defense was giving them and the Colts guys couldn't beat the Jags guys. Simple as that."

On 9/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, Warhorse said:

From Stampeded Blue......

"Ah, well ya see, the Jags were absolutely selling out to stop JT and forcing the team to pass, passing wasn't working because when Matt Ryan wasn't busy avoiding a pass rush, his receivers were busy not catching passes.

Had they continued to run for 1.8 ypc (estimate) and kept running into 3 and outs, then we would all be sitting here asking why Reich didn't throw more.

The offense took what the defense was giving them and the Colts guys couldn't beat the Jags guys. Simple as that."

I know it's easy to say, if something doesn't work they should have tried the other thing.  But even stamped blue's comments don't explain why Hines only saw 15 snaps.  Why JT only had 10 touches (he can catch the ball as well).  Doesn't have anything to do with the D making Lawrence look like Manning in his prime.

And it's not just the jags game.  What is stampede blue's excuses for how miserable the Colts looked against Houston?

• Like 1