2022 GDT Week Five Da 1-3 Steelers Visit the 3-1 Bills

Steeler Hitman

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Be honest. We weren’t coming back 3+ scores in a quarter. 

Then what’s the difference anyway? 

The answer is trying. Tomlin agreed a feel good story of 3 points was better than trying. That’s a give up call. 

Personally, I’d rather lose a game 38-3 with my coach not surrendering than lose 38-9 taking the points. 

14 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Then what’s the difference anyway? 

So you agree with me. There’s no difference. We were overmatched. I’m fine with him trying to just take points. Yes something a moral victory can do a lot. Could have been about personal redemption for Boz to ensure your kicker keeps confidence to let him see one go up. Hell, maybe he had 0 faith in the defense and preferred to do a kickoff. Maybe he had more faith in an 80% kicker than 2 WRs who caught 10 of 22 targets. 

The biggest reason I’m ok-ish with taking the points is the parts of it that was don’t know. 

WHAT IF Kenny is coming off the field after a Johnson/Claypool drop telling Tomlin/Sullivan that he just can’t trust his playmakers right now. 

WHAT IF Najee and Jaylen are saying they don’t believe a hole would be there for them. 

WHAT IF Heyward and Fitzpatrick are in Tomlins ear saying they just need to see the offense point points on the board even if it is a lock kick. 

WHAT IF Boswell is saying he just needs to see the ball go through the uprights. 

WHAT IF Tomlin keeps seeing the future of the franchise getting hit (7 hits 3 sacks) and sees the late hit and low hit go unflagged and wants to protect him from himself. 

And the biggest WHAT IF some of you should be into: 

WHAT IF Tomlin doesn’t feel Canada has the play in his pocket to get the first down. 

We don’t know any of that part. Hell what if it’s all going on at the same time? 

43 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So you agree with me. There’s no difference. We were overmatched. I’m fine with him trying to just take points. Yes something a moral victory can do a lot. Could have been about personal redemption for Boz to ensure your kicker keeps confidence to let him see one go up. Hell, maybe he had 0 faith in the defense and preferred to do a kickoff. Maybe he had more faith in an 80% kicker than 2 WRs who caught 10 of 22 targets. 

As I said, there IS a difference....it's trying. I am not sure I ever played with anyone in any sport that was comfortable giving up. 

You are talking about improving the confidence of your 31 year old, 8 year vet at the top of his class at the position. And the flip side of that coin is that you just told your rookie QB that you don't believe in him without saying anything. 

And I am sorry, but that list of what if is trash. There are NO athletes that think that way, and if they do -- get them as far away from this team as possible this off-season. If that's happening, it's a room full of quitters being lead by one. That's more scary than anything. 

If you are stuck on "it didn't matter" then give your team the free opportunity to practice. It's hard to replicate high leverage situations on the road in practice. Instead, we practiced field goal kicking. 

Then cut both damn kickers with that attitude. Your down 38-3 and you want a damn moral victory. That’s just as stupid. We got our ***** kicked. Going for it to lose by 29 rather than 32 means Jack ****. Hell those upset by kicking it are the same people who would have been pissed about failing to convert. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Then cut both damn kickers with that attitude. Your down 38-3 and you want a damn moral victory. That’s just as stupid

Dude, what?

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Hell those upset by kicking it are the same people who would have been pissed about failing to convert. 

I guarantee you, that's not true. 

Just cut the kickers to force Tomlin to go for it then. It’s a damn moral victory whatever you do. Buffalo was just a better team. And those what ifs aren’t a list of trash. You just think your right and no other differing opinion can be correct. 

So I’m done with it. Feel free to quote me all you want but my opinions aren’t gospel truth and they ain’t wrong either. Their an opinion that I no longer feel the need to defend. 

Kicking it was fine, especially on the second one. 

I think we all agree this team is going to lose a lot of games this year. The last thing we need is to adopt a loser mentality that accepts giving up -- which is what kicking a field goal is in both of those scenarios. 

I don't want moral victories. I want real ones and the only way to achieve that is to try and not wave the white flag. You don't have to feel the same way.