Something good to talk about. - Alec Pierce

coffeedrinker

It's early I know, but once again it appears the Ballard has struck gold in the 2nd round.  Alex Pierce is a baller he is showing not only excellent hands, but excellent timing/hand eye coordination to get the ball.  Watching the games on TV I can't really pay much attention to his route running, but from what I've seen, he has a good feel for the open spots in zones, pretty smooth in and out of his breaks and seems to be fast or slow at the right times.

I think he is going to rank right up there is Leonard, Pittman, and Taylor as great 2nd round finds.

52 minutes ago, coffeedrinker said:

It's early I know, but once again it appears the Ballard has struck gold in the 2nd round.  Alex Pierce is a baller he is showing not only excellent hands, but excellent timing/hand eye coordination to get the ball.  Watching the games on TV I can't really pay much attention to his route running, but from what I've seen, he has a good feel for the open spots in zones, pretty smooth in and out of his breaks and seems to be fast or slow at the right times.

I think he is going to rank right up there is Leonard, Pittman, and Taylor as great 2nd round finds.

Was going to start a similar thread. Alec is a baller. Slides his body in traffic well. Great hands on concentration. Considering the pressure he's facing in his rookie year and his early growth, he's going to achieve what many of us hoped Sean Dawkins was going to achieve. Sky is the limit!

• Like 1

One of the criticisms I heard about Pierce from training camp was that his route tree was limited. Now I’ve heard people specifically talk about his expanded route tree in this game alone.

Then late in the game they said that Surtain was no longer covering Pittman because he was covering Pierce. I was so happy. The possible dilemma that can present for defenses if our OL can block long enough for routes to develop. Could be so good 

• Like 1