Lions trade TE T.J. Hockenson to Vikings for 2nd, swap of picks

TheKillerNacho

3 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I have a very clear understanding of athleticism. you seem to have lack of understanding when only using 40 time.

here is the RAS comparing Hock to Kelce 

cUBkB9B.jpg

Here is comparing to Kelce

9LjKlwi.jpg

RAS is great. Game film is a whole other thing all together. 

• Like 1

I also never said the production was on Kelce level, just comparing the athleticism; which gives him the potential to maybe one year, have that type of production.

But on the Vikings, he does not have to because of JJ. He just has to be an elite 2nd option, one that defenses need to account for, which will allow JJ to do more JJ things.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

RAS is great. Game film is a whole other thing all together. 

I've seen plenty of highlights of Hockenson doing very athletic things on the playing field. The issue is, he hasn't been able to do it consistently for extended periods of time with the Lions. Now, is that on him? injuries? on the lions? their scheme, their personnel?

I don't know, and the answer doesn't really matter. I'm not here to throw shade at them. But I think he has a good shot to be pretty good for the Vikings in the long term if he stays healthy. The Vikings made the trade having the intention of building the offense around JJ and TJ for the foreseeable future. 

5 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Looks pretty comparable to me.

DeVante Parker has a better RAS than Tyreek Hill, OBJ, Justin Jefferson, Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks, Tavon Austin, and AJ Brown. Guess he’s an elite athlete and more athletic than all of them?

Deebo Samuel’s one of the worst in the league in RAS. 

RAS is a number score from track events. You’re kidding yourself if you think those three guys move the same in the football field. Kittle and Kelce are among the smoothest runners in and out of cuts at the TE position. Waller and Pitts are legit 4.4 guys that are sky walkers. Hockensen’s not them, socks/shorts workouts from before the draft don’t change that. 

15 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Meanwhile Hock only has the fourth most receiving yards on the Vikings and Schools has the third must on the high-powered Cowboys. In fact, he's only 50 yards behind being target #2 behind Cedee. If that's not electric I don't know what is. I guess some posters just gotta be haters 🤷

I'm in the twilight zone. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

DeVante Parker has a better RAS than Tyreek Hill, OBJ, Justin Jefferson, Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks, Tavon Austin, and AJ Brown. Guess he’s an elite athlete and more athletic than all of them?

such bad faith argument when Parker didn't partake in any agility drills. You can't compare incomplete RAS cards to one another.

Also, once you reach a certain threshold per position, the difference is splitting hairs in terms of individual drill numbers.

11 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I've seen plenty of highlights of Hockenson doing very athletic things on the playing field. The issue is, he hasn't been able to do it consistently for extended periods of time with the Lions. Now, is that on him? injuries? on the lions? their scheme, their personnel?

I don't know, and the answer doesn't really matter. I'm not here to throw shade at them. But I think he has a good shot to be pretty good for the Vikings in the long term if he stays healthy. The Vikings made the trade having the intention of building the offense around JJ and TJ for the foreseeable future. 

Don't get me wrong, Hockenson is a very good tight end. I just don't see an elite athlete. A plus athlete, sure. But not elite.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

such bad faith argument when Parker didn't partake in any agility drills. You can't compare incomplete RAS cards to one another.

Also, once you reach a certain threshold per position, the difference is splitting hairs in terms of individual drill numbers.

Change it then. Is Alex Pierce a better athlete than Tyreek Hill, yes or no? And if no, are they comparably athletic, in the same tier?