Rashad Bateman Out for the Year

baltimoreRebel

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Not WRs just their big fast tight end who plays exclusively along the outside. He doesn’t know he’s not a tight end though. He played his entire NFL career as a big fast WR that couldn’t be stopped.

Though secretly those in the know, were aware of his misdiagnosis the entire time.

So all that said Megatron would fit perfectly within our offense as our boundary tight end.

EDIT: Which we haven’t had since Miles Boykin left.

Thought you were talking about Darren Waller there for a second.

• Like 3

I wonder how much it would’ve cost us to trade for Denzel Mims. I mean, it couldn’t have been THAT much, I feel like.

I just hate the “we like our guys” company line approach EDC seems to have taken.

We had to know there was a chance that Bateman could go down and Mims is sort of an ideal fit for our scheme as someone with speed, size, and physicality.

I’d be curious to know if we tried and the Jets weren’t interested or what. Could’ve traded one of our WRs like Wallace and a mid round pick for Mims. Neither has lived up to collegiate pedigree but at least Mims has the additional talent and size.

7 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I wonder how much it would’ve cost us to trade for Denzel Mims. I mean, it couldn’t have been THAT much, I feel like.

I just hate the “we like our guys” company line approach EDC seems to have taken.

We had to know there was a chance that Bateman could go down and Mims is sort of an ideal fit for our scheme as someone with speed, size, and physicality.

I’d be curious to know if we tried and the Jets weren’t interested or what. Could’ve traded one of our WRs like Wallace and a mid round pick for Mims. Neither has lived up to collegiate pedigree but at least Mims has the additional talent and size.

I'm of the opinion that I would've loved to know what we could've offered for DK Metcalf this offseason from the Seahawks. Or even Tyler Lockett. Before we knew Geno was going to be good, the Seahawks were total sellers and that would've been an ideal play for us, either of those guys.

Oh well. A guy can dream...

• Like 1