Non-Jaguars Talk: The Other Games Thread

.Buzz

24 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Didn’t the NFL change the way protection againt flexing works last year?

Assuming they can protect that game, I’d guess they would. But I thought some rules were changed to make a very small number of games protectable. 

Pretty sure they can only protect a late afternoon game (they can flex a game to late afternoon and protect it too, IIRC) though I'm not certain. Eag;es/Rams is a late afternoon game.

We will find out though. I am less optimistic than I was when I originally posted that rumor. It's still hard to see them flexing Ravens vs Steelers out of the SNF spot especially since the Ravens are keeping up in the wildcard race.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I hope its not Alex based on what I'm seeing. Been atrocious last few weeks.

I mean, he's still Alex Smith. He was never actually going to morph into a star who absolutely carries a team. And if he did, the Chiefs wouldn't be moving on. That early season surge was always a mirage. He'll take you about as far as your surrounding cast can take you. 

Haven't been watching closely  very week, but seems like his "decline" in play roughly coincides with their running game hitting a bit of a wall. 

5 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, he's still Alex Smith. He was never actually going to morph into a star who absolutely carries a team. And if he did, the Chiefs wouldn't be moving on. That early season surge was always a mirage. He'll take you about as far as your surrounding cast can take you. 

Haven't been watching closely  very week, but seems like his "decline" in play roughly coincides with their running game hitting a bit of a wall. 

Its ugly man. Idk. May just be a slump but it hasnt been pretty.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Its ugly man. Idk. May just be a slump but it hasnt been pretty.

Just seems to me like he's the same player he always was. Hard to be super gung ho about him earlier cause you know eventually the other shoe is going to drop. That's the reason he's even talked about as an option, and why KC spent big on a successor to develop.  

Very lukewarm on the idea earlier. A hot start didn't really drastically change that. Nor does a bit of a slump. Still just a lukewarm option. On balance, this is what you get. 

It's either gonna be a total wildcard rookie. Or a lukewarm option. There's a reason these options will be available. 

Archived