Purdy OROY?

Ftn49

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, it should be Olave or WIlson. Purdy came on way too late to be a serious candidate for the award. 

I think thats a fair sentiment. But I also think that if he/the niners keep winning it will become louder and louder.

I think it's probably down to Olave, G. Wilson, and Walker III, but none of these guys are having such an amazing season that they'll run away with the award. In fact, it's a down year for high-end rookie play at QB/RB/WR/TE. 

I mean, hell, Purdy is already the best rookie QB this year in a terrible rookie class. Pickett has more bulk stats like yards and TDs, but Purdy isn't far behind and has better efficiency numbers. 

I don't think Purdy really has a shot to win it, but if we get to the end of the season and Purdy is 11 TDs / 4 Ints / 1,200 yards / 67% cmp and throws in another rushing TD or two, he could be in the backend of the conversation for some. Especially if he has a game winning drive or clutch 2 min drive or something like that, you could see some voters considering him in the conversation.