The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Offseason

beekay414

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Just claim Raanta.

That would have made more sense

This turns into a second round pick if he plays 40 games between this year and next. That seems insane 

Just now, Forge said:

That would have made more sense

This turns into a second round pick if he plays 40 games between this year and next. That seems insane 

Have you guys heard what the rumored package was for Markstrom? I have heard Holtz and a 2nd but Flames wanted Mercer.

Could all be BS but I am curious if you have beats with info?

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Have you guys heard what the rumored package was for Markstrom? I have heard Holtz and a 2nd but Flames wanted Mercer.

Could all be BS but I am curious if you have beats with info?

No, that talk has been a disaster. It's all over the place.

Mercer would be a pipe dream in my opinion. Any time the devils are involved in trade talks, the other team claims Mercer. Only talk on devils end is that Fitz has flat out said no about Mercer in a trade. 

The funny thing is that he's not even that great. He's a middle six winger. 20-25 goals, 50-55 points. Try hard player. I mean, he's a nice player, but nothing special. 

The devils are already playing guys like Lazar and Tierney on the third line before trading Toffoli, I just don't see them moving another middle six guy. They just don't have the forwards to compensate. 

14 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I like it. Take two shots and hope 1 hits 

This year is cooked and I don't think kahkonen comes back, but it gets us away from that 3.4 million on vitek next year which is really nice

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Offseason