The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan

beekay414

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

I get we’re worried about injuries, but we’re going for the cup and Schmid is looking more and more of being ‘the guy’

Still a pretty small sample. He's started 11 games, played in 14 total. 

Nico Daws was a .916 goalie through 12 starts last year before he completely came apart. We are less than a month from Schmid giving up 8 goals in an AHL game, so i get why they are not all in. 

I kind of wish we'd keep all three up for the time being and let them all play, but I'd be shocked if this team lets Schmid take over for the playoffs. I have to imagine that this is Vanacek's net when they start. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Still a pretty small sample. He's started 11 games, played in 14 total. 

Nico Daws was a .916 goalie through 12 starts last year before he completely came apart. We are less than a month from Schmid giving up 8 goals in an AHL game, so i get why they are not all in. 

I kind of wish we'd keep all three up for the time being and let them all play, but I'd be shocked if this team lets Schmid take over for the playoffs. I have to imagine that this is Vanacek's net when they start. 

Let’s continue to see what he’s got though. Roll with the best two come playoff time . Outside of like  two months this year Vitek hasn’t been good 

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Let’s continue to see what he’s got though. Roll with the best two come playoff time . Outside of like  two months this year Vitek hasn’t been good 

He's on an emergency recall. He's only allowed to be up with the big club for 30 days, I'm pretty sure. They won't send blackwood down to pass through waivers and  with Lazar on the roster that they have the space to carry 3 goalies (14 forwards, 7 dmen, 2 goalies). Almost a guarantee that Schmid is going down, I'm pretty sure. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

He's on an emergency recall. He's only allowed to be up with the big club for 30 days, I'm pretty sure. They won't send blackwood down to pass through waivers and  with Lazar on the roster that they have the space to carry 3 goalies (14 forwards, 7 dmen, 2 goalies). Almost a guarantee that Schmid is going down, I'm pretty sure. 

I just hope they make the right call when it counts. 

Speaking of Lazar, I loved watching him crush people last night. I think he’s gonna be a fan favorite real quick

• Like 1

Speaking of Lazar, I loved watching him crush people last night. I think he’s gonna be a fan favorite real quick

I think they are banking on him replacing someone on the bmw line last year. The fact that he has two more years on his contract at only 1 million was probably very appealing. Last year in Boston he wasn't bad by any stretch

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think they are banking on him replacing someone on the bmw line last year. The fact that he has two more years on his contract at only 1 million was probably very appealing. Last year in Boston he wasn't bad by any stretch

Gotta be Bastain right? We all know Grampa Lindy loves Wood. Mikey has a lot of values with face offs alone. 

I’ve had terrible thoughts of Wood and or Smith taking a stupid penalty in the playoffs that costs us dearly 

Gotta be Bastain right? We all know Grampa Lindy loves Wood. Mikey has a lot of values with face offs alone. 

I’ve had terrible thoughts of Wood and or Smith taking a stupid penalty in the playoffs that costs us dearly 

I'd be very surprised if wood is back next year. He's a ufa and makes more than the other two combined. Mikey and Bastian are both restricted. They're chances of being back are better, I would think, though it depends on what the market is. Both will make more than lazar 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Bastian still hurt and Wood banged up as well. 

Rango and lazar in the lineup

I know Sharongovich has struggled offensively , but don’t you guys think he has more value than Wood anyways ? Power kill, PP2? That sounds more valuable than what Wood brings. 

21 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I know Sharongovich has struggled offensively , but don’t you guys think he has more value than Wood anyways ? Power kill, PP2? That sounds more valuable than what Wood brings. 

I'd definitely play Rango over Wood, but I get why they like Wood, I just think that they are confusing him for the player he was like 4 years ago. I don't think that he's nearly the **** stirrer he used to be. 

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd definitely play Rango over Wood, but I get why they like Wood, I just think that they are confusing him for the player he was like 4 years ago. I don't think that he's nearly the **** stirrer he used to be. 

This is my first year watching him but I don’t see him being very aggressive at all. Just kinda low skilled and not the smartest player. 

Lazar looks like a s*** stirrer lol

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan