The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan...or Sheldon Keefe ha

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I could see them go into the season with a lineup like

Bratt Nico Mercer

Palat Jack Timo

Rango haula xxxxx

Lazar Mikey Bastian

When you consider internal replacements in Foote and Thompson (neither is waiver eligible I think, and Foote seems like the type who is ready for a bottom line or 13th forward role... Though I don't think Thompson is a thing ) and giving holtz another shot, I think they mainly look internal and just sign some guys to ptos who can fill in if those internal replacements poop the bed. 

There is a question on who they sign to be the third part righty next year as I don't think Nemec starts the year there

I would be severely disappointed if that's our plan.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Don't really have a lot of long term money to throw around. 

I didn't say anything about just UFA. This also doesn't hinder other teams from making necessary moves. Where there's a will, there's a way. 

It all depends on the Bratt situation. 

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I didn't say anything about just UFA. This also doesn't hinder other teams from making necessary moves. Where there's a will, there's a way. 

It all depends on the Bratt situation. 

The bratt situation is so ugly. That's going to be frustrating. Undersized, skilled wingers go for pretty much the least amount when it comes to trades. I can't think of a hockey trade that works unless a team like Winnipeg is restructuring rather than rebuilding. 

Moving him is going to be a two part process unless we are okay with taking a step back and getting pure futures. 

He's basically 95% of fiala... This stuff should be easy lol

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

The bratt situation is so ugly. That's going to be frustrating. Undersized, skilled wingers go for pretty much the least amount when it comes to trades. I can't think of a hockey trade that works unless a team like Winnipeg is restructuring rather than rebuilding. 

Moving him is going to be a two part process unless we are okay with taking a step back and getting pure futures. 

He's basically 95% of fiala... This stuff should be easy lol

I had suggested something prior where we work the futures angle for Bratt but with the intent to flip for NHL ready help. It obviously doesn't have to be a straight what we get for Bratt goes back out swap since we also have a legitimate prospect pool still but that's the idea. Find a piece that we can get for Bratt that we can flip for a heavier forward and add from our own pool if necessary. 

At this point, I give Meier the long term deal, trade Bratt for futures and then acquire another top 6/9 winger with some of the futures used in the Bratt return or our own guys. If it's a top 9 guy, then you give your #7 overall pick the opportunity to take a top 6 role early in the season. If he can't do it, well, then you know that Holtz is a bust and it's time to put your faith elsewhere in the organization or go get more top 6 help or find a another top 9 guy that can play up the lineup and keep working the lines like this season.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I had suggested something prior where we work the futures angle for Bratt but with the intent to flip for NHL ready help. It obviously doesn't have to be a straight what we get for Bratt goes back out swap since we also have a legitimate prospect pool still but that's the idea. Find a piece that we can get for Bratt that we can flip for a heavier forward and add from our own pool if necessary. 

At this point, I give Meier the long term deal, trade Bratt for futures and then acquire another top 6/9 winger with some of the futures used in the Bratt return or our own guys. If it's a top 9 guy, then you give your #7 overall pick the opportunity to take a top 6 role early in the season. If he can't do it, well, then you know that Holtz is a bust and it's time to put your faith elsewhere in the organization or go get more top 6 help or find a another top 9 guy that can play up the lineup and keep working the lines like this season.

The one team I kind of like for a fit is Detroit. They have pick 17 from the Islanders, they are similar to the kings where they were close enough this year to be competitive, they lost a top 6 winger in bertuzzi, and they love swedes. Pick 17 + Carter Mazur or Wallinder for extended bratt. As close as I can get to the fiala trade. 

But replacing bratt will be hard production wise, so it does suck to some degree. Maybe they could make a really hard push on Kyle Connor 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The one team I kind of like for a fit is Detroit. They have pick 17 from the Islanders, they are similar to the kings where they were close enough this year to be competitive, they lost a top 6 winger in bertuzzi, and they love swedes. Pick 17 + Carter Mazur or Wallinder for extended bratt. As close as I can get to the fiala trade. 

But replacing bratt will be hard production wise, so it does suck to some degree. Maybe they could make a really hard push on Kyle Connor 

Yeah, I'm all for Fialaing him. Would rather take my chances on Mazur than Wallinder though considering our LHD depth. I know he's a college free agent in August but Robert Mastrosimone could be someone as well if we can get him signed. Don't know his situation but he's kind of Bratt-esque.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I'm all for Fialaing him. Would rather take my chances on Mazur than Wallinder though considering our LHD depth. I know he's a college free agent in August but Robert Mastrosimone could be someone as well if we can get him signed. Don't know his situation but he's kind of Bratt-esque.

I wonder if they'll just see if Ottawa wants to trade him for debrincat straight up lol

I just want goal scorers/finishers. I don't give two ****s about attempt creation right now. We need finishing. I trust Fitz to get things right. We're going to win a Cup at some point in the Jack Hughes/Nico Hischier era but we can't get stagnant in our game like the Leafs did with Matthews and Marner. Take advantage of their awesome contracts and lets go get this damn thing done. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Tried looking, couldn't find it online

Same. Next time my family vacations at my uncle's $4 Million beach home on the Jersey shore, I'm going and I'm coming home with so much Devils gear. Never buying another Devils hat online. They never fit right and they look like trash half the time. Fanatics sucks.

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan...or Sheldon Keefe ha