The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan...or Sheldon Keefe ha

beekay414

44 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The QO doesn't really have anything to do with it though, tbh. They can agree on a one year deal that is lower. I don't know that they will, I think that's run it's course, but he's wrong about the qo being a factor

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The QO doesn't really have anything to do with it though, tbh. They can agree on a one year deal that is lower. I don't know that they will, I think that's run it's course, but he's wrong about the qo being a factor

He's not wrong about it being grandstanding. LIS before, you can bring in cheaper options off UFA or find AHL fodder to fill Daws void rather than play this game with Blackwood again. It's gamesmanship because Fitzy isn't putting anything out in public that would directly hinder him.

Also, in what world is Blackwood going to negotiate in good faith and come in below the QO?

Edited by beekay414

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's not wrong about it being grandstanding. LIS before, you can bring in cheaper options off UFA or find AHL fodder to fill Daws void rather than play this game with Blackwood again. It's gamesmanship because Fitzy isn't putting anything out in public that would directly hinder him.

Also, in what world is Blackwood going to negotiate in good faith and come in below the QO?

He's not getting the qualifying offer anywhere so it's not relevant. That market doesn't exist for him. 

What should matter to blackwood is playing time. If I were him I'd hit the market and go somewhere like Vegas for 1.5 for a year

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's not getting the qualifying offer anywhere so it's not relevant. That market doesn't exist for him. 

What should matter to blackwood is playing time. If I were him I'd hit the market and go somewhere like Vegas for 1.5 for a year

I know. I'm talking from us specifically. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I know. I'm talking from us specifically. 

He would want to have to come back. I don't know why blackwood would. That would be insane to me. One of the reasons I thought he'd 100% be gone is that I can't imagine why he would want to come back too.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Ullmark? As in the Vezina candidate?

Yeah, they are going to have to dump him I think. Their call situation is brutal. Their cap has an extra like 5 million this year from bonuses earned last year. Less than 5 million in cap, only have 7 forwards under contract. 1 goalie (swayman is rfa). 

And they won't get much for ullmark. Has a partial no trade, etc. 

I don't know that they can afford both he and swayman and the better long term move is keeping swayman. 

So send them blackwood and a primary piece back for ullmark. The cap is more desperately needed. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they move Hall or debrusk too 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, they are going to have to dump him I think. Their call situation is brutal. Their cap has an extra like 5 million this year from bonuses earned last year. Less than 5 million in cap, only have 7 forwards under contract. 1 goalie (swayman is rfa). 

And they won't get much for ullmark. Has a partial no trade, etc. 

I don't know that they can afford both he and swayman and the better long term move is keeping swayman. 

So send them blackwood and a primary piece back for ullmark. The cap is more desperately needed. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they move Hall or debrusk too 

If Fitz pulls that off, you might as well build a statue now.

• Like 1

I'd send them Blackwood and a 2nd for Ullmark and Clifton's rights.

EDIT - I'd also probably give them a 2025 conditional 1st on whether or not we won the Cup. That's a fair trade off IMO. Of course, that would come with conditions considering the Meier trade had a bunch.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Am I wrong for laughing out loud at the who's getting JT Compher thread lol. I haven't even read it but like wut. 

Someone posted copp as a comparable for him because of their numbers and I just can't imagine giving Compher that deal

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Someone posted copp as a comparable for him because of their numbers and I just can't imagine giving Compher that deal

Ask anyone in Detroit if they think that deal works and there's your answer...and Copp's from Detroit ffs.

EDIT - Michigan but same damn thing.

Edited by beekay414

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan...or Sheldon Keefe ha