The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan...or Sheldon Keefe ha

beekay414

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hell yeah it would lol. 

Glad we are looking into it. No idea how it works long term

I think it would have to come down below 8 before we'd even consider it and even then it's a massive gamble. I love me some Helly but maybe we're that one team that he'd put winning above getting paid. I'd do 6x7.5.

Pronman 7 round mock:

58. Lenni Hameenaho, RW, Assat (FINLAND)
80. Gracyn Sawchyn, C, Seattle (WHL)
122. Paul Fischer, D, Usa U-18 (NTDP)
154. Emil Jarventie, LW, Ilves Jr. (FINLAND-JR.)
186. Hugo Hell, D, Farjestad Jr. (SWEDEN-JR.)
218. Luke Mittelstadt, D, Minnesota (BIG10)

Would prefer a stronger center influence, but hard to argue that the first three picks aren't pretty solid. 

I like the chance on mittelstadt as an over ager in the 7th, but there probably needs to be a goalie in here somewhere 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Pronman 7 round mock:

58. Lenni Hameenaho, RW, Assat (FINLAND)
80. Gracyn Sawchyn, C, Seattle (WHL)
122. Paul Fischer, D, Usa U-18 (NTDP)
154. Emil Jarventie, LW, Ilves Jr. (FINLAND-JR.)
186. Hugo Hell, D, Farjestad Jr. (SWEDEN-JR.)
218. Luke Mittelstadt, D, Minnesota (BIG10)

Would prefer a stronger center influence, but hard to argue that the first three picks aren't pretty solid. 

I like the chance on mittelstadt as an over ager in the 7th, but there probably needs to be a goalie in here somewhere 

I'm all for gambling in Sachwyn. All the on ice talent in the world, he's just inconsistent at this point. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm all for gambling in Sachwyn. All the on ice talent in the world, he's just inconsistent at this point. 

My only issue is that I don't think he's a center in the NHL and our pipeline at center is roooooooooooooooooough. But the player is 100% worth that pick. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Gotta calculate the cap jumping in a few seasons as well. 

Next year that's just going to be eaten by mercer because we are locking him up long term, I think. Assuming 90 million cap, we'd have half that locked into 7 forwards (8 for Jack, say 8 for Timo, 7.25 for Nico, 7 for Mercer, 7.875 for bratt, 6 for palat...1 for lazar lmfao)

20 in 5 dmen.

5 in two goalies 

That's 70 million. Would need to round out 6 more forwards, 2 more dmen with 20 million. That's easily doable, but tough if we have another guy making 5 more.

But after that 24-25 season, we should be looking good again with a decent amount of space.... Right in time for the next lock out after the 25-26 season lol

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Next year that's just going to be eaten by mercer because we are locking him up long term, I think. Assuming 90 million cap, we'd half that locked into 7 forwards (8 for Jack, say 8 for Timo, 7.25 for Nico, 7 for Mercer, 7.875 for bratt, 6 for palat...1 for lazar lmfao)

20 in 5 dmen.

5 in two goalies 

That's 70 million. Would need to round out 6 more forwards, 2 more dmen with 20 million. That's easily doable, but tough if we have another guy making 5 more.

But after that 24-25 season, we should be looking good again with a decent amount of space.... Right in time for the next lock out after the 25-26 season lol

In Fitzy we trust.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

In Fitzy we trust.

You can get back 3.4 of it if we acquire helle this year, keep he and VV, then shed VV for Akira. But that means we'd have about 15 million in space if we got helle to take 8.5? 

Would have to run it tight or really bank on a guy like Holtz and Stillman getting it together. And we'd have to account for any bonus overages for guys like Hughes and Nemec. 

That palat contract is a bit of a killer 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan...or Sheldon Keefe ha