The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan

beekay414

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

100% believe it's because we let Bruno get away

Definitely part of it. 

Team as a whole is a dumpster fire. Don't think it's a one year fix. We'll see. Depends on how much we can do in one off season 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Definitely part of it. 

Team as a whole is a dumpster fire. Don't think it's a one year fix. We'll see. Depends on how much we can do in one off season 

I think the coaching hire will matter the most. We're not this bad. Travis Green is just a moron. There's nobody on this staff that can be leaned on when things are collapsing and we don't have the (right) veterans to stabilize things. That and injuries derailed this season. Whether that's Jack not being 100% right or Dougie being gone for the year or Timo not being healthy for the most part or Brendan Smith being healthy (lol). 

We'll be in the thick of the playoff race next year assuming we get the coaching hire right. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think the coaching hire will matter the most. We're not this bad. Travis Green is just a moron. There's nobody on this staff that can be leaned on when things are collapsing and we don't have the (right) veterans to stabilize things. That and injuries derailed this season. Whether that's Jack not being 100% right or Dougie being gone for the year or Timo not being healthy for the most part or Brendan Smith being healthy (lol). 

We'll be in the thick of the playoff race next year assuming we get the coaching hire right. 

Have to find someone to play with Jack in the worst way. 

Palat - nosek - Lazar needs to be the 4th line.

I don't think Mercer and Hughes have ever played particularly well together, so I'd prefer him and haula on the third line with someone

Xxx - haula - Mercer

Xxx - Hughes - xxx

Timo - Nico - bratt 

That's a lot of quality that has to be added

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Have to find someone to play with Jack in the worst way. 

Palat - nosek - Lazar needs to be the 4th line.

I don't think Mercer and Hughes have ever played particularly well together, so I'd prefer him and haula on the third line with someone

Xxx - haula - Mercer

Xxx - Hughes - xxx

Timo - Nico - bratt 

That's a lot of quality that has to be added

Nosek is a UFA and Bastian and Holtz have to play somewhere.

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nosek is a UFA and Bastian and Holtz have to play somewhere.

Nosek should come back. Perfect 4th line guy and plays center

holtz is gone, and if he's not, he's basically a waste of space with what they do to him. 

Bastian can be 13th forward. Wouldn't play him before any of those guys and I wouldn't want to play those guys up. Maybe palat if you're forced to but then your forward group looks worse 

Timo - Nico - bratt

Xxx - Jack - xxx

Palat - haula - Mercer

Nosek - Lazar - Bastian 

Better than having to see tierney and willman in lol but I'd love to have Bastian pushed out

Two second line guys, one of whom can take draws. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan