The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Especially on defense

I have a feeling that the Siegs **** talk will die real quick under Keefe. He may even get Bahl to look good and use his size. We have so much damn talent to be as piss poor as we were under those two hapless clowns last year. ******* top pair Brendan Smith of all the guys we had lmao. **** you Lindy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Apparently Weekes said that Fitzy promised Keefe a goalie so...yeah.

Buckle up. 

If we give up 10 for markstrom or ullmark I'll go bonkers lol

• Like 1

Okay, not touching this trade if this is what Ottawa is offering lol

A league executive said Thursday he believes the Senators would likely have to offer defenceman Jakob Chychrun along with a first-round pick and another selection to acquire Ullmark. Even then, he has the hammer because he does have the modified no-trade clause.

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'm just excited to have a structured defensive system for the first time in ******* ages. Tired of the ridiculous amounts of wide open collapses that Ruff's and Hynes' systems before him had. Fix the goaltending and this team takes off overnight under Keefe. We're more talented than the Leafs, no question about it. 

How would you describe his defensive philosophy ? Conservative ? Aggressive?

Is he a Joe Barry ( where in hockey I’d like a more conservative defense ) or a not Joe Barry lol 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Would you do #10 to Nashville for #22, #53 and #55 with the idea of turning pick #22 into Anthony Cirelli (7x6.25 left on his deal). 

I think you have to give up 10 for cirelli. I think other teams beat 22 and Tampa tends to ship off their guys to the West. But I'd do it those trade downs to get him I think

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think you have to give up 10 for cirelli. I think other teams beat 22 and Tampa tends to ship off their guys to the West. But I'd do it those trade downs to get him I think

Yeah, I was thinking of a way to not give up 10 straight up and gain assets to make it happen but you're probably right. It's a hefty price but Cirelli might be the type that pops off with a heavy load.

EDIT - Maybe 10 for Cirelli and the 4th they do have. Or better yet, Cirelli and a 6th LOL

Edited by beekay414

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

100%. Also, sticking him with Jack could potentially unlock a little offense

He goes from 45 points to probably 65-70 with Jack and he takes faceoffs. It's a great idea if it's an actual avenue to be explored.

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil