The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?

beekay414

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I legit even made a post about it on the main board of HFboards. That's how much of a real conversation it should have been for the Devils 

We're getting roasted by the NHL Network analysts too saying that even though we put a lot of stuff on net, it's easy stuff to stop. Lindy's system from the top down is broken. It's just beyond time. Fitz said he was gonna see where the team was at after the California trip. Well, Tom, the team is done and the coaching staff should be too. Start preparing your scouts because it's draft season.

• Like 1

I don't think Toffoli will get a first...but I'm thinking something like Toffoli for:

2nd + Matyas Sapovaliv from VGK ?
Something around Kaliyev from the Kings?
Pick + Ponomaryov from Canes?

vancouver is supposedly interested, but they have neither a first or second this year. I have no idea what they would offer. I don't really care for Podkolzin or Raty

There was a report that Edmonton may  be interested as well. Not sure what the temperature is on Holloway, so Lavoie probably more likely but don't see much there. Already 23, still not lighting up the AHL tbh. No longer waiver exempt, so that's probably a pass for me. Copponi may be a better option, though nothing super exciting there. 

So Fitz said he'd evaluate the team after the West Coast trip... The team loses 2 of 3 to San Jose, Anaheim, Los Angeles.... Loses ground in the playoff race.... Calgary pulls out of three markstrom deal for their own playoff run....And the conclusion is that the season isn't over? 

Also, the idea that toffoli is a solution next to Jack is so woefully misguided. Jack's ozone time has cratered this year in part because toffoli can't retrieve pucks. Jack's offense is not able to create the sustained pressure with toffoli there. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?