The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?

beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Damn, I'm annoyed that Lindstrom is still #5, but it was a really wishful thinking to consider him there. 

I have to assume that if things stay the same, Calgary is just going to take Iginla a couple spots early, right? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Damn, I'm annoyed that Lindstrom is still #5, but it was a really wishful thinking to consider him there. 

I have to assume that if things stay the same, Calgary is just going to take Iginla a couple spots early, right? 

Most likely. We're probably not gonna land Helenius either and we might be adverse to taking Catton because "smol" with our core group. We'd probably take Eiserman despite his stock dropping.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Most likely. We're probably not gonna land Helenius either and we might be adverse to taking Catton because "smol" with our core group. We'd probably take Eiserman despite his stock dropping.

Helenius seems like the improved version of Lenni. 

MBN probably not an option if he's not going to be in the top 15. It gets slightly more dicey at 10+ range of the draft, but I still only put the margin of error at like 2-3 spots from the Bobbie Mac polls. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Helenius seems like the improved version of Lenni. 

MBN probably not an option if he's not going to be in the top 15. It gets slightly more dicey at 10+ range of the draft, but I still only put the margin of error at like 2-3 spots from the Bobbie Mac polls. 

Sennecke's gotta be an option too, you'd think. He's big and can skate. Oh and he's a natural RW. We need a C tho. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Sennecke's gotta be an option too, you'd think. He's big and can skate. Oh and he's a natural RW. We need a C tho. 

Yeah we'll have a tough time with the Center position in this draft if Catton isn't  on our radar. There's just nobody there that's worth the pick. Really weak center class. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Okay, now this one is interesting. 

Malek was 5th in save percentage in Liiga last year. 2nd for guys 25 or younger. He was mostly a backup and played only 27 games, but starting to look very promising. 

i'm assuming the idea is that he's still loaned out to Liiga next year. I don't know why he would be coming to NA with Daws, Schmid and Poulter in Utica 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Forge said:

My biggest concern with Woodcroft is that he's a product of McDavid. 

I think I'd be fine with Woodcroft because at least that's an attempt at a ceiling hire. I'd be okay with Berube since I feel like the Blues roster/talent dwindled down and there was nothing he could do about it towards the end (that and Binnington is a headcase). He also ran into Colorado twice in the playoffs. Sullivan's the dream that's not RBA. 

Edited by beekay414

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I didn't realize how lucky NJ has gotten with the draft lottery over the years. Apparently moving up 3 times in 7 years?

Don't forget, we also "won" the draft lottery and moved up to selected Adam Larsson in 2011 but we could only move up so far that year.

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?