The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?

beekay414

Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

The 1st roudner is top-ten protected too, so even less risk on your end. This was a very good deal for you. Ball projects as a fringe top-4 defenseman, but he doesn';t do anything well other than be huge/physical IMO. 

And he really doesn't use his size like he should nor is he that physical. Our guys over on HF are just overly cynical and clutch 1st rounders like pearls. If we had Markstrom this year, there's no telling how good we actually would've been but they're all acting like he's a bum. Markstrom in Keefe's system is going to be great.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

The 1st roudner is top-ten protected too, so even less risk on your end. This was a very good deal for you. Ball projects as a fringe top-4 defenseman, but he doesn';t do anything well other than be huge/physical IMO. 

I'd be surprise if Bahl becomes a consistent top 4 guy....I think his ceiling is likely as a 5. 

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol at the guys on HF saying Bahl and a 25 1st is a steep price. That's robbery if we make the playoffs. Half of them hated Bahl anyways.

Me and Bond over on HF have basically been saying the primary on this deal would be the 25 first. Made sense across the board. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And he really doesn't use his size like he should nor is he that physical. Our guys over on HF are just overly cynical and clutch 1st rounders like pearls. If we had Markstrom this year, there's no telling how good we actually would've been but they're all acting like he's a bum. Markstrom in Keefe's system is going to be great.

Why do you think so ? 

Im fine giving Bahl. Lot of bone head mistakes . 

Also not too worried about the 1st rounder. Top 10 protected so, meh 

• Like 1

When Markstrom is on there are very few Goalies better than him. He is also a great guy in the locker room. You guys absolutely needed to upgrade at Goalie and you definitely did. I like this move a lot for NJ.

Now there are reasons why I am pretty stoked about this trade from a Calgary POV but I don't need to get into those atm.

• Like 2

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

When Markstrom is on there are very few Goalies better than him. He is also a great guy in the locker room. You guys absolutely needed to upgrade at Goalie and you definitely did. I like this move a lot for NJ.

Now there are reasons why I am pretty stoked about this trade from a Calgary POV but I don't need to get into those atm.

Right move for both parties. I'm largely whatever about markstrom, but I think it makes sense

Best part about this deal? It's top 10 protected, we have Winnipeg's 2nd from the Toffoli deal and this likely means the conditional 3rd for Jake Allen stays a 3rd since he's not likely to hit 40 games in goal with Markstrom as our #1. So if we make the playoffs and advance, the pick to Calgary is in the mid 20s. Winnipeg sucks or Hellebuyck falls off a cliff causing that pick to get closer to our original 1st so it's not like we missed out on much. Regardless, this deal is a good deal. Minimal cost despite seeing the "1st round pick" price tag.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

The fact that some people wanted to trade Siegenthaler over Bahl baffles me.

The minute someone has a down year, everyone is out lol 

Was always way more likely Bahl would be the guy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Markstrom will be great with Keefe . Especially with the same goalie coach 

Keefe always has a sound defensive system and Markstrom is a legit goalie. Markstrom is far enough along in his career that Rogalski's stink shouldn't rub off on him like it would as much the young guys still learning the NHL game. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?