The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

29 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm just gonna start calling him Captain Analytics

Jim's response. I can't imagine thinking this way about Nico right now with the team doing what it's doing. 

Serious question: How should one evaluate a 73.85xGF from a player with no goals?

Just now, Forge said:

Jim's response. I can't imagine thinking this way about Nico right now with the team doing what it's doing. 

Jim's obsession with PPGZ is something else. I'm obsessed with good hockey players. There's more to hockey than scoring goals and Nico does every last bit of it while still damn near being a PPG player. How you can have that type of reaction to his play is beyond me. Jim's just a miserable old twit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If he ends up at SKA, we may never get him over here.

Apparently when we traded mookie, that significantly lowered the likelihood that he was going to come over. I think people have been slowly prepping for him never coming over. Certainly any time soon

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Apparently when we traded mookie, that significantly lowered the likelihood that he was going to come over. I think people have been slowly prepping for him never coming over. Certainly any time soon

Yeah, I mentioned that when the prospect of including him in the Meier deal came up. Hopefully, if he's not going to come over for us, we at least trade his rights for a future asset. Sucks because we could use him in our top 6 on an ELC.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm very amused that we could close out the rangers before Boston does Florida

I know I'm getting ahead of myself big time but if Florida does the unimaginable and dumps Boston, I could see us getting out of the East.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I know I'm getting ahead of myself big time but if Florida does the unimaginable and dumps Boston, I could see us getting out of the East.

I think Toronto probably becomes the favorite, but it's definitely doable

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

They are losing the series as per the propecy How do we feel about our chances with TB? Feels pretty good

We outplayed them in two of the three we played, but we lost two of them. At some point in the series, I would hope our speed and skating wears them down

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!