The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

No matter how this series plays out, I hope fans realize that we made it further in the SCP, a year after picking #2 overall, than the Boston Bruins, the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Colorado Avalanche. Perspective.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forge said:

So far his performance has been a W for those who said that his game wouldn't transition well to the post season. When you consider that two of his points came in absolute garbage time of blowouts, he's ostensibly had 3 real points in 8 games. 

I wouldn't expect it to get much better in this series, but especially on the road. Carolina is just going to line match him against Staal and Slavin and clog the blue line from zone entries. It should be better at home, hopefully 

I really don’t feel that’s totally fair. Igor was incredible. Jack had multiple chances that series 

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No matter how this series plays out, I hope fans realize that we made it further in the SCP, a year after picking #2 overall, than the Boston Bruins, the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Colorado Avalanche. Perspective.

Nobody can be upset at whatever happens. The team is way ahead of schedule and is gaining a massive amount of experience 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And adding two blue chippers to the blue line next year.

I can’t say for sure in hockey , but in every other sport teams have to experience a playoff run , loss before they are ready for a championship. 

This team is early and is getting what they need for a run. 

You think Severson and Graves are gone? I do . I like Graves a lot, but it’s just not great asset management 

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I can’t say for sure in hockey , but in every other sport teams have to experience a playoff run , loss before they are ready for a championship. 

This team is early and is getting what they need for a run. 

You think Severson and Graves are gone? I do . I like Graves a lot, but it’s just not great asset management 

Yes. We literally have their in-house replacements ready and they're both blue chippers. Unless we can get them back at discounted rates, it would make no sense to bring them back.

28 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I really don’t feel that’s totally fair. Igor was incredible. Jack had multiple chances that series 

Teams face good goalies in the playoffs. The great ones will put up points and produce. A small dip is to be expected, but you still have to do your thing. 

The sample is what it is right now. It's bad, but small. He'll have opportunities to change it. 

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think Mercer losing that first goal faceoff in game 1 may have put the end to the Mercer as 3C for Lindy. Thankfully.

Lindy is definitely a guy that believes in the power of the faceoff, so I could certainly see that. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!