The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

Said it after game 3 and I'll say it again...Akira Schmid may be a true #1. If he turns out to be a bonafide stud as he's shown this season, that just ups our ceiling considerably as goalie has been our biggest issue since Cory fell off a cliff. Vanecek is a damn fine #2 and did really well for us this year as our 1a but Schmid becoming that guy would be so damn awesome.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Said it after game 3 and I'll say it again...Akira Schmid may be a true #1. If he turns out to be a bonafide stud as he's shown this season, that just ups our ceiling considerably as goalie has been our biggest issue since Cory fell off a cliff. Vanecek is a damn fine #2 and did really well for us this year as our 1a but Schmid becoming that guy would be so damn awesome.

I thought he was fine in this one, but I thought he was really good in the last game. This one I want to credit the skaters a lot. They shut everything down. 

Love Schmid's demeanor though. Unflappable so far

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Love Schmid's demeanor though. Unflappable so far

This is why I feel as strongly as I do about him. Just as cool as the other side of the pillow at all times. You can't teach that and all the greats seem to be like that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

This is why I feel as strongly as I do about him. Just as cool as the other side of the pillow at all times. You can't teach that and all the greats seem to be like that. 

One of the bigger jumps I've seen from a player from year to year. Dude didn't look like an NHL goalie last year. 

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

My transformation to a devils fan is definitely complete and rock solid.

Feels so right, and i care more about these games than the bucks right now.

When their games conflict, i watch the devils

NBA is my least favorite sport so it's not even a comparison at this point. Hell, it's hard to call the NBA a sport anymore. 

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!