The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

17 hours ago, beekay414 said:

What are your rosters? Y'all have Foote on em? Nemec not?

I think Foote gets waived. I think Nemec makes the initial roster then gets sent down (I think that they have to keep him on the initial roster for cap purposes with his bonuses and whatnot....that's what they did last year) 

Edit

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Sure. I think he's going to severely eclipse that number with those two tho. He gets to 70 again, that number isn't going to be feasible. 

I've thought about this and honestly, I think I'm just okay with it if he's a one year rental. I don't want to commit to him long term at his age given his typical performance, and I don't want to pay more on an AAV if he hits 70 points again. 

I feel like I would just rely on Fitzy to find a way to get another guy in here to replace him. 

It  wouldn't be easy...Toffoli is in that sweet spot where you're not sure if you want to pay him but also know that you may not be able to adequately replace him. 

He's the "Jack Conklin on the fifth year option" of the NFL

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If we roll with Brendan Smith as a day 1 starter, I'm gonna be annoyed. Lindy's trust in that turd makes no sense considering how he treats young players. 

I just don’t understand why. Come playoff time, we’re going to want Nemec in there. Why not just go through the pains now?  There’s no circumstance where we’re happy with Smith starting 

No Nemec. Back to Utica. 

Totally expected reaction from non devils fans on hf

Antiillafire

Sounds like he will be sent down to Utica for his second season in NA. NJ being a cup contender obviously limits how many really young guys they will line up with. Hopefully this isn’t Julius Honka 2.0…

SlafCaufield
so I see this guy is heading back too the AHL while Slaf is starting his second NHL season

thoughts?

i dont doubt that at all but shouldnt a player who "should have gone ahead of Slafkovsky" force his way onto any NHL team?

its how it works for most "elite" players

or maybe Nemec isnt what people claim that he is

Did pretty good with my Devils prediction last year. Had them in the 2nd round , but I had them beating Toronto lol not knowing the playoff system.

Here’s my season predictions 

Atlantic 

1. Toronto 

2. Buffalo

3. Boston 

4. Florida *

5. Tampa Bay 🙈

6. Ottawa

7. Detroit 

8. Montreal 

Metropolitan 

1. Carolina