The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Whatever gets Brendan Smith off this ******* team

I think a lot of teams are going to be interested tbh. He's a soon to be UFA but he has talent and only 28 still. He is arguably the biggest hitter in the league, elite size, surprisingly fast, will fight sometimes, etc.

On the bad side he is a penalty machine and is quite sheltered in this Flames team. He's prone to some major mistakes but which D doesn't I guess.

All in all I think he's a very good 5/6, but will be paid like a 3/4. If he want out of YYC then go for it. I am all in on the young guys and sending off Z, Tanev, Lindholm, Hanifin, etc.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think a lot of teams are going to be interested tbh. He's a soon to be UFA but he has talent and only 28 still. He is arguably the biggest hitter in the league, elite size, surprisingly fast, will fight sometimes, etc.

On the bad side he is a penalty machine and is quite sheltered in this Flames team. He's prone to some major mistakes but which D doesn't I guess.

All in all I think he's a very good 5/6, but will be paid like a 3/4. If he want out of YYC then go for it. I am all in on the young guys and sending off Z, Tanev, Lindholm, Hanifin, etc.

We're apparently showing strong interest but just wondering how the contracts would work. We don't have much room to play with and we're not trading from our core group. Palat's NMC just totally ****s us lol.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

We're apparently showing strong interest but just wondering how the contracts would work. We don't have much room to play with and we're not trading from our core group. Palat's NMC just totally ****s us lol.

If we're truly embracing the rebuild I wouldn't be shocked to see us take on some bad contracts back. 

We'll see what Conroy has up his sleeve soon maybe. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He's a rental, so retention is almost certainly on the table and I'd wager Miller or Smith would go back. 

Prices on rentals are fairly consistent, so he's probably going to fetch a second and an okay prospect. 

• Like 1