The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Markstrom or Gibson?

Markstrom is 34 in 2 months, 6 million for two more after this one. Was awful last year, but has largely been good this year. Indications are his play is better than the numbers suggest. 

.901, 2.7 goals saved above expected

Gibson is 30, 6.4 million for 3 more years after this one. Currently. 914 (was just over. 925, so must have had some bad starts), 3.3 goals saved above expected

Gibson

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Markstrom or Gibson?

Markstrom is 34 in 2 months, 6 million for two more after this one. Was awful last year, but has largely been good this year. Indications are his play is better than the numbers suggest. 

.901, 2.7 goals saved above expected

Gibson is 30, 6.4 million for 3 more years after this one. Currently. 914 (was just over. 925, so must have had some bad starts), 3.3 goals saved above expected

giphy.gif

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

He’ll find one. People may not be available now but things change closer to the deadline 

I appreciate that he keeps looking, but he's unlikely to be able to do anything that moves the needle. I really think someone like Montembeault is probably the ultimate result. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I appreciate that he keeps looking, but he's unlikely to be able to do anything that moves the needle. I really think someone like Montembeault is probably the ultimate result. 

It really seems like if you don’t have an elite goalie, you just hope yours gets hot. Vitek isn’t looking great, so another lottery ticket would be nice 

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It really seems like if you don’t have an elite goalie, you just hope yours gets hot. Vitek isn’t looking great, so another lottery ticket would be nice 

This is pretty much correct. 

There are guys that are intriguing who are undone by their contracts (John Gibson, for example). 

Carter Hart has been available forever, but I'd wager the price tag is steeeeeeeeeeeeep, and I believe he's up for a new contract. On a long term deal, I think you're looking at 7 million. 

I'd still prefer to shoot higher than Montembeault, but there are a number of those "types" available. I just tend to think of him because of the salary 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This is pretty much correct. 

There are guys that are intriguing who are undone by their contracts (John Gibson, for example). 

Carter Hart has been available forever, but I'd wager the price tag is steeeeeeeeeeeeep, and I believe he's up for a new contract. On a long term deal, I think you're looking at 7 million. 

I'd still prefer to shoot higher than Montembeault, but there are a number of those "types" available. I just tend to think of him because of the salary 

I really like Carter Hart. Would Philly even consider trading him to us ? 

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I really like Carter Hart. Would Philly even consider trading him to us ? 

If we pay what they want, I wouldn't be surprised. Trades within the division aren't common, but I don't think teams are afraid of them either. We traded with Columbus for Severson and traded for Ryan Murray from the Blue Jackets.  We've made a number of trades with Washington the last 5 years or so (Jonas, Vitek, Marcus Johansson). 

John Marino was with the Penguins. We've made multiple trades with the Islanders (Palms / Zajac + Andy Greene trade). Sami Vatenan we traded to the Hurricanes.