The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

They were all good at the time and they all made sense. They all look bad in hindsight right now. Some may change once it gets going again. But like even the Blake Coleman deal. We kind of ended up with nothing there and Coleman has been awesome ever since. But you make that trade 100 times out of 100

Fitz has to be careful though because trades working out matters. Shero's trades all made sense too (well, except a couple), but they went bad. I make that subban trade every time. I make the marjo trade every time. Same for gusev. But they all turned sour. 

Sports are cyclical . You can’t judge trades as bad when a guy is hurt or another guy is on a hot streak. 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Sports are cyclical . You can’t judge trades as bad when a guy is hurt or another guy is on a hot streak. 

You can certainly judge a trade at any point you want. Right now some of these look bad. Doesn't mean they will in a year, but they don't look good right now. 

Toffoli isn't hurt and that should be a one year deal. The tenure to evaluate that trade is really half over. If they give him an extension, I'm not really sure what they are doing. 

Timo is hurt but he's been garbage when he's played. If you're happy with his play when on the ice, you have low expectations. So far he's averaged less than 50 points per 82 with the devils. He has 33 in 60 games if you include the playoffs. He needs to be better all the way around. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

You can certainly judge a trade at any point you want. Right now some of these look bad. Doesn't mean they will in a year, but they don't look good right now. 

Toffoli isn't hurt and that should be a one year deal. The tenure to evaluate that trade is really half over. If they give him an extension, I'm not really sure what they are doing. 

Timo is hurt but he's been garbage when he's played. If you're happy with his play when on the ice, you have low expectations. So far he's averaged less than 50 points per 82 with the devils. He has 33 in 60 games if you include the playoffs. He needs to be better all the way around. 

I don’t believe in being reactive like that. 

16 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t believe in being reactive like that. 

It's just making an evaluation. The trades haven't been good so far and Timo needs to actually start playing well considering what they gave up and how much they are paying him. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. But that doesn't change what it looks like right now, and it doesn't mean that it will stay that way moving forward (keep in mind, Dougie signing looked brutal in year 1 because he broke his jaw, came back slow with no motor...then the next two years before the injury this year he has been fine and the deal has looked fine)