The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

Something to keep in mind:

His potential change of heart is, in part, because of the massive salary that Saros is likely to command once he’s eligible to sign a contract extension in July. Word is that Saros’ camp is eyeing the seven-year, $59.5 million deal that Winnipeg’s Connor Hellebuyck signed in the offseason as the benchmark for any negotiations.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Something to keep in mind:

His potential change of heart is, in part, because of the massive salary that Saros is likely to command once he’s eligible to sign a contract extension in July. Word is that Saros’ camp is eyeing the seven-year, $59.5 million deal that Winnipeg’s Connor Hellebuyck signed in the offseason as the benchmark for any negotiations.

Get it done. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Get it done. 

I think you swing big and put Mercer in the deal. That's a ton of value straight off, it gives the team some breathing room for being able to afford to give Saros that type of deal. 

I was opposed to including Mercer in deals when he was on an ELC, and I love the kid, but the truth is that a market rate 25 G / 55 P winger just isn't that hard to replace into their 20s. You can get guys like that reasonably cheap from capped teams year in and year out. Mercer would be replaceable for us. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think you swing big and put Mercer in the deal. That's a ton of value straight off, it gives the team some breathing room for being able to afford to give Saros that type of deal. 

I was opposed to including Mercer in deals when he was on an ELC, and I love the kid, but the truth is that a market rate 25 G / 55 P winger just isn't that hard to replace into their 20s. You can get guys like that reasonably cheap from capped teams year in and year out. Mercer would be replaceable for us. 

I agree. I too love Mercer, but I’m not too sure how high his ceiling is. And if he can be used for a top goalie then you gotta be happy 

Love Lazar, becoming one of my favorite players 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

We've got Gritsyuk in our back pocket. 

Edited by beekay414

Team signed Isaac Poulter to an elc. Was having a decent year in Utica before getting lit up last night. Still a .909 down there. 

Looks like Siegs may be ready to come back. Out for the skate in a regular jersey 

Seems like Calgary fans are over the top on the Markstrom rumors. I don't even think that trade gets done during the year. I think that is an off season move. 

But they are talking 1st + holtz + 2nd or possibly mercer being involved, etc. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Seems like Calgary fans are over the top on the Markstrom rumors. I don't even think that trade gets done during the year. I think that is an off season move. 

But they are talking 1st + holtz + 2nd or possibly mercer being involved, etc. 

Yeah, no. You're trading a 34 year old goalie. I'm not paying that price. I'll pay it for Saros. I'm not paying it for someone that could become an anchor overnight.

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, no. You're trading a 34 year old goalie. I'm not paying that price. I'll pay it for Saros. I'm not paying it for someone that could become an anchor overnight.

I personally don't think the markstrom deal happens. At least not in season. Maybe in the offseason. 

But man it feels like Calgary fans really think it's going to get done

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!