The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I personally don't think the markstrom deal happens. At least not in season. Maybe in the offseason. 

But man it feels like Calgary fans really think it's going to get done

I'm not trading for Markstrom unless it's at retainment discount period. Like, they retain 50% or they take back Vanecek in the deal. He's 34. You know our luck with older goalies. I'm not worried about the asset cost, I'm worried about having a $6 Million anchor for the next 2 seasons and still not having the goalie situation solved. 

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm not trading for Markstrom unless it's at retainment discount period. Like, they retain 50% or they take back Vanecek in the deal. He's 34. You know our luck with older goalies. I'm not worried about the asset cost, I'm worried about having a $6 Million anchor for the next 2 seasons and still not having the goalie situation solved. 

The reporting was that any deal included holtz. I believe that has actually been stated by like Elliott

42 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why ? I don’t want to give up a significant asset for a guy who can easily fall off a cliff. 

He ain’t lyin !

8 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why ? I don’t want to give up a significant asset for a guy who can easily fall off a cliff. 

We have assets. I'm not worried about asset cost. I'm worried about him becoming that anchor. They either retain on him or take back Vitek to where it basically becomes a 1 year deal at $6 Million in 2026 and a 2 year deal in 2024 and 2025 at $2.6 Million. It's more palatable that way, regardless of the assets. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

We have assets. I'm not worried about asset cost. I'm worried about him becoming that anchor. They either retain on him or take back Vitek to where it basically becomes a 1 year deal at $6 Million in 2026 and a 2 year deal in 2024 and 2025 at $2.6 Million. It's more palatable that way, regardless of the assets. 

Right, but you can only miss so many times before your assets are gone. 

I don’t want to give up major assets for Markstrom. I’d rather give up more for Saros 

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Right, but you can only miss so many times before your assets are gone. 

I don’t want to give up major assets for Markstrom. I’d rather give up more for Saros 

We're fine, my man. We don't know what the assets even are yet. I'd rather go after Saros too but, as I stated before, the assets for Markstrom come with restrictions to lessen the blow should he crater. If he doesn't, you address the issue in the room for a likely lesser cost than it would for Saros. If he does, you worked in the insurance necessary to, as I said, lessen the blow and regroup and chase another avenue. Fitzy isn't going to get bent over here. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Elliotte Friedman said that Quinton Byfield wasn't enough to land Juuse Saros so...uh...yeah. Markstrom it is.

The fact that they have apparently already re-engaged is making me change my tune....I think there's a good chance that this probably gets done. 

Now we just have to get through the PTSD of watching Cory's body disintegrate in real time only to go to Crawford who retired before playing a game....to seeing bernier's hip explode in 10 games....to trading for a 34 year old goalie

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The fact that they have apparently already re-engaged is making me change my tune....I think there's a good chance that this probably gets done. 

Now we just have to get through the PTSD of watching Cory's body disintegrate in real time only to go to Crawford who retired before playing a game....to seeing bernier's hip explode in 10 games....to trading for a 34 year old goalie

It's gotta happen one of these times, right? Marty's gonna rub himself all over Markstrom at the presser and it's gonna work.