Broncos requested and received permission to interview Sean Payton

TheRealMcCoy

20 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW if the org gets too greedy - the flip side is they don’t get draft picks next year that can help them too.   So there is a flip side.   The current GM / coaches won’t care the org benefits if it doesn’t help them.  It becomes a lose - lose vs win - win scenario.  

I say the above as someone who wants zero part of Payton with any significant pick package.  So it’s not projecting wishful thinking.   Just there are downsides to being too greedy.   Recognizing the leverage is still titled to NO side.  It’s just not quite all NO. 

A future 1st from LAR / ARI plus some other comp would be my guess.  

I think its all a moot point. Reading the tea leaves from Broncos reporters/insiders/beat writers-- this race is down to Harbaugh and Quinn.

They also brought in David Shaw (stanford) for an interview who worked with Harbaugh in the NFL. The majority of the Broncos new ownership have Stanford ties, so putting the pieces of the puzzle together here, I bet they are thinking Harbaugh for HC and Shaw for OC.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think its all a moot point. Reading the tea leaves from Broncos reporters/insiders/beat writers-- this race is down to Harbaugh and Quinn.

They also brought in David Shaw (stanford) for an interview who worked with Harbaugh in the NFL. The majority of the Broncos new ownership have Stanford ties, so putting the pieces of the puzzle together here, I bet they are thinking Harbaugh for HC and Shaw for OC.

Yeah I & others in Broncos Forum were reading the same tea leaves.   Especially since Shaw interview only happened after Harbaugh interview.    

It’s why I say LAR / ARI future 1st (not 1.3) plus as the likely return for Payton.  

Edited by Broncofan