2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, NYJETS52 said:

I replied before I saw this but if you know all these things I have to ask did Aaron Rodgers kill your dog?  Lose you money in a Super Bowl bet?  Or you just dont want to give up draft picks?

Aaron Rodgers can’t lose me money in a super bowl bet because he doesn’t make Super Bowls.

Anyway he’s my top choice but not for anything taking away our premium picks, we still have to add a ton of talent to this team. 

Zach had multiple injuries he played through this season, no one cares. 

Like I said it all depends on how much guys like someone. I just try to see the entire picture because it’s never as simple as a guy is good or bad, they all have good and bad traits and how teams gameplan around that matters a ton. 

Of course there’s narratives for each guy and excuses. Technically every QB besides Mahomes can be criticized bc they didn’t win the SB.

But everyone does this. One will say stop excusing Rodgers non MVP season bc of his thumb. Yet will excuses Wilson’s play bc of MLF. Someone will excuse Tannehill bc he didn’t have a ton of weapons besides Henry at RB. Yet will say Jimmy G is a star when he has all pros all around him to make him good.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

All I said was guys will blame his play on that. I’m sure it factored in but dig deeper and you might see more factors into his down year. 

Yes I listed some.  Crappy WR play.  They lost Adams and not a single guy on that roster was able to fill his shoes. Not that many are guys are Adams.  Aaron Jones had 2 rushing TDs all year.  Their starting left tackle played 597 snaps for the season.  It was a bad year all around for the Green Bay offense.

15 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Aaron Rodgers can’t lose me money in a super bowl bet because he doesn’t make Super Bowls.

Anyway he’s my top choice but not for anything taking away our premium picks, we still have to add a ton of talent to this team. 

Zach had multiple injuries he played through this season, no one cares. 

Like I said it all depends on how much guys like someone. I just try to see the entire picture because it’s never as simple as a guy is good or bad, they all have good and bad traits and how teams gameplan around that matters a ton. 

While I dont disagree that Zach has had injuries he wasnt playingn while he was injured.  I see Zach Wilson as a QB who has a boatload of talent but is in over his head.  

I view him as a selfish immature guy who got drafted on to a team in the biggest sports city in America.  Couple that with bad coaching, a crappy attitude, dismal performance and you have a fan base that hates our QB.  I think he can be fixed mechanics wise and proper film study but it's going to take time.  

The problem which you have stated and I agree with is the first sign of adversity and the fans will turn on him.  I dont know what this man's road to redemption will be with us.  I think we would have to be in the Super Bowl the starter gets hurt and he comes in and leads us to Victory might do it.  But I'm not even sure.

To me personally he's Bo Callahan.  

1 minute ago, NYJETS52 said:

While I dont disagree that Zach has had injuries he wasnt playingn while he was injured.  I see Zach Wilson as a QB who has a boatload of talent but is in over his head.  

I view him as a selfish immature guy who got drafted on to a team in the biggest sports city in America.  Couple that with bad coaching, a crappy attitude, dismal performance and you have a fan base that hates our QB.  I think he can be fixed mechanics wise and proper film study but it's going to take time.  

The problem which you have stated and I agree with is the first sign of adversity and the fans will turn on him.  I dont know what this man's road to redemption will be with us.  I think we would have to be in the Super Bowl the starter gets hurt and he comes in and leads us to Victory might do it.  But I'm not even sure.

To me personally he's Bo Callahan.  

He isn’t selfish. But okay.

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He isn’t selfish. But okay.

Ok let's not go with selfish.  Tone deaf better.  I still dont understand how he wears a C on his chest when the locker room hates him.  Listen I wish he was the guy.  We would have money to deal with holes in our roster.  He's not though.  He may be down the road or for somebody else but right now he ain't it and he wont be until he gets a bunch of things fixed 

30 minutes ago, NYJETS52 said:

Ok let's not go with selfish.  Tone deaf better.  I still dont understand how he wears a C on his chest when the locker room hates him.  Listen I wish he was the guy.  We would have money to deal with holes in our roster.  He's not though.  He may be down the road or for somebody else but right now he ain't it and he wont be until he gets a bunch of things fixed 

Maybe because the locker room doesn’t hate him? Idk we aren’t in there to know for sure. 

Laughable some of this. Wilson is straight up immature. Literally did nothing in a game besides be awful and couldn’t even man up and take responsibility. Something literally almost every single QB has no problem doing. Heck there’s QBs that go out have a great game and the team losses and they still take blame. He couldn’t even do that when he was garbage. Very alarming. And that’s when we saw the change in the locker room with him. Look at the difference of the way the players talked about White compared to Wilson for example. Let’s even go a step further and talk about now. FO has said his story isn’t over. But all you hear is still the FO seeming excited for a change at QB and players talking about how exciting it’s be to play with some of these guys available. Now if they liked Wilson this wouldn’t happen. If he was good in practice and teammates liked him. These guys answers would be we already have a QB. And talking only positive about him. Instead you have guys wanting a change. That tells you everything you need to know.

Zach’s future here is a backup. He will likely be our only other QB on the roster once we bring a vet in. So I can’t say his story is over bc injuries happen. But by no means will he even be in a conversation as a starter with a healthy QB room. I see no way we don’t add a for sure starter better than him. Which is literally pretty much any QB out there. 

Zach says “no” to one answer and now everyone knows what kind of person he is. He had 2 losses before getting benched. First press conference he took ownership of the mishaps. Second one he made the mistake and said no. 

So again y’all hate the kid so much y’all continue to create these narratives. Everyone knows his play was far too inconsistent snap by snap. Doesn’t mean you have to make up things about him. He wasn’t good enough, simple. He had one bad press conference, that doesn’t define him. 

I just find it funny that some who wants to blame coaching for some QBs don’t use the same logic for guys they don’t like.

Wilson and others could be better if we got the right coaches and system yet Carr having a new system and coaches pretty much every year should’ve been just fine. Same things as the debate against Carr is that he had Jacobs at RB. Jacobs just broke out this year. Go look at the great RB play Carr had his other 8 years. As @NYJETS52said…. On the surface we would think Jones at GB should be great for Rodgers. Yet he wasn’t a huge help for him this year. 2 rush TDs. That doesn’t help a QB much. Taking 1 year and using that as to who they player is is flawed. Not completely bc many times it’s who they actually are.

Just extremely agitating to see so many not dig deeper as to why things were last year for guys. Or even throughout their careers.