2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

At the moment, I don't feel too good about this coaching staff going into next season. If they don't get their sh__ together this offseason, they'll get exposed. 5 out of 7 wins against backups and Pickett. A win against Buffalo who was missing their whole secondary and a LB. A Packers win against them while they were struggling without Watson. 6 game losing steak and no TDs in the final 3 games while in the playoff hunt. 

I know injuries played a part, but my God. It's not realistic to expect JD to have another draft like he did last year, but even if he did, I'm not sure if that would get us in the playoffs with this staff. I need to find some stats that can boost my confidence in Saleh.

For me im

hoping we have a decent flip on the offensive side of the ball. Can’t have a 2nd half collapse like that the way we did offensively. Losing Breece Hall shouldn’t have had us scoring TDs in just like 3 games after he went out.

I want MLF gone as well as the OL coach. 

For me this team is an average vet QB, a good OC and a healthy offense away from a regular playoff team.

QB: Vet like Jimmy G or Carr

RB: Hall, Knight, Carter

WR: Wilson, Moore, Davis, Mims, Berrios

TE: Conklin, Uzo, Ruckert

LT: Becton

LG: Tomlinson

OC: McGovern

RG: AVT

RT: Rookie OT or Mitchell

Things I can see changed are maybe Brown doesn’t retire and he starts at LT and we start Becton at RT. We also might try and upgrade from McGovern. Cutting Davis is an option as well. But I don’t see us doing that unless we have a good replacement. Don’t think Mims did enough to have us comfortable with that. I thought Laken could be cut. But apparently not. Maybe a new OC and OL coach can help. Hard to believe he just lost his talent.

• Like 1

About the same, fringe playoff team depending on what happens at QB. The pressure is going to be on JD and Saleh. I know everyone loves JD but this is a results driven league

Jets under Mike Mac 24-40

Jets under Douglas 20-45

Eventually you need to start winning. I think he will go hard for Carr/Jimmy G because if they don’t win next year they are toast.

We need a QB, more than one OT (the idea of penciling in Becton at LT is absurd) LBs, both safeties, another good WR

Basically these guys got a good amount of work to do. We don’t have as much cap and draft capital as the last two off-seasons either.

Edited by GangGreen420

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

Coaching staff are all frauds.  I think we need to fire MLF and Ulbrich and give Saleh his last chance without friends.  Have two guys with experience run both sides of the ball.

Not frauds.  Just young and inexperienced.

• Like 1

It’s going to be hard to develop a Quarterback under a defensive minded head coach. The way they see the game just isn’t conducive to a QB, especially a young one become the best he can be. They don’t believe in aggressive offense unless it’s running the ball. Listen to Saleh talk about both sides on the ball. He wants an aggressive defense, flying around, making plays and going 100% all of the time. On offense? Complete opposite. Run the ball, take your check downs, throw it away, trust the defense.

Thing is you cannot fire him and hire another young Head Coach for optics. If we took Ben Johnson from Detroit, who might the next “McVay”, it would come with a ton of scrutiny.

The key is Saleh simply changing his mindset on how he wants the offense to play. Same issue with Rex towards the end of his tenure. 

If we wanna be a great team we have to mirror of philosophies on both sides of the ball. Can’t just play offense to “not put the defense in a bad position” 

16 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It’s going to be hard to develop a Quarterback under a defensive minded head coach. The way they see the game just isn’t conducive to a QB, especially a young one become the best he can be. They don’t believe in aggressive offense unless it’s running the ball. Listen to Saleh talk about both sides on the ball. He wants an aggressive defense, flying around, making plays and going 100% all of the time. On offense? Complete opposite. Run the ball, take your check downs, throw it away, trust the defense.

Thing is you cannot fire him and hire another young Head Coach for optics. If we took Ben Johnson from Detroit, who might the next “McVay”, it would come with a ton of scrutiny.

The key is Saleh simply changing his mindset on how he wants the offense to play. Same issue with Rex towards the end of his tenure. 

If we wanna be a great team we have to mirror of philosophies on both sides of the ball. Can’t just play offense to “not put the defense in a bad position” 

I will not hire Ben Johnson.  He took time to get comfortable. I can't imagine him being HC under Woody. lol.

In other forums, they suggest Gary Kubiak for some capacity as veteran presence.  I am okay with it but what if MLF still can't get offense going and gets fired for that, will Kubiak calls offense?   It is his bad health that keeps him away from football activity.  

22 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I will not hire Ben Johnson.  He took time to get comfortable. I can't imagine him being HC under Woody. lol.

True lol, just threw the name out there cause he’s gonna be the hot coordinator candidate. Funny thing is he coached under Gase in Miami. Look at the Gase offense.

/sarcasm

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

In other forums, they suggest Gary Kubiak for some capacity as veteran presence.  I am okay with it but what if MLF still can't get offense going and gets fired for that, will Kubiak calls offense?   It is his bad health that keeps him away from football activity.  

Saleh coached under Kubiak in Houston I think so the connection is there but idk if he comes back to coaching.