Mocking the Pats, 2023

DaPatsKid98

My First Post-Combine Mock Draft

The New England Patriots trade pick 14 away to the Detroit Lions for pick 18 and pick 55.

Lot of prospects I still like on the board, so I’ll drop a few spots and grab a 2nd (!) round pick in the process. I tried to get a 7th rounder added in next year also, but no cigar. Lol.

As we sit tight in our war room, the Los Angeles Chargers ring our phone wanting to move up. We trade them pick 18 for for pick 21 and a 2024 4th round pick. I’ll take that deal.

Pick 21 - Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State

Do I really need to convince you why this is a good pick? Especially after gaining a 2nd rounder and a future 4th in the process of moving down to get this behemoth??

Pick 46 - Adetomiwa Adebawore, DL, Northwestern

Versatile, big, strong, explosive. What else could we want from a defensive lineman? After primarily lining up outside the tackle, there’s talks amongst league circles that Adebawore could end up playing more on the inside of the trenches. Jerod Mayo will find a spot for this guy to be successful. He ran a 4.54 at 280lbs! Patriots also met with him at the Senior Bowl, and Ade exclaimed that the Pats & Co. wanted to get to know him more as a person.

Pick 56 - Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah

What’s there to not like about Phillips? Hardly anything. Uber-talented CB group in the draft this year makes it tougher for the Clark Phillips and Garrett Williams types this year. The Utah Utes prospect forced a 68.4 passer rating when in coverage this past season and snagged 6 interceptions.

Pick 76 - Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State

Reed gives Bill O’Brien an instant playmaker that can line up just about anywhere that you could want a receiver to be at. His leadership and never-quit attitude will be a plus for a young offense in the locker room and on the field. He had a down senior season due to regressing play from QB Payton Thorne. Reed opened many eyes since the draft process began, and he’ll continue to open more eyes as soon as he touches an NFL field.

Pick 107 - Andrew Voorhees, OL, USC

With so many draft picks, I opt to use one for a guy that was thought of by many as a “top 100 prospect” before going down at the combine as a victim of a torn ACL. Good value pick here. Redshirt year and see what he can do for us in 2024.

Pick 117 - Braeden Daniels, OL, Utah

Daniels has experience lining up at left tackle, left guard, and right tackle. But the most impressive feat on his resume? 3 sacks given up in 3 years. Take the big fella and see what he can do. He could potentially compete with Connor McDermott as our swing tackle, and even then some depending on how we go about free agency.

Pick 135 - Dorian Williams, LB, Tulane

Williams was phenomenal down in Tulane this past season when he dropped back to play some zone. He allowed only 161 (!) yards when in coverage snaps! I’m going to need to watch more tape on Dorian Williams, but I like what I’ve seen/read on the guy. Logical choice for a team looking to upgrade its linebacker core.

New England Patriots trade away pick 184 and 256 for pick 171 to the Green Bay Packers.

Pick 171 - Aubrey Miller, EDGE, Jacksonville State

Miller was a combine snub, and it would’ve paid dividends for him come draft day if he was there. He’s on the smaller side size-wise. The guy is an animal after coming over from Missouri to play for Coach Prime. I’d like to follow his development throughout his time in the league, he could really become something as a pass-rusher.

New England Patriots trade pick 187 to the Tennessee Titans for pick 230 & a 2024 5th round pick.

Pick 192 - Stetson Bennett, QB, Georgia

Late round QB. Shoot the dart every year. Bennett looked good throwing the deep ball imo at the combine, too. Just about as successful of a college QB that one could hope for.

Pick 210 - Elijah Higgins, WR, Stanford

Double dip at WR. Wanted to go Deneric Prince the Tulsa RB here, but he literally went two picks before this. Michael Williams is getting all the attention out of Stanford, but Higgins has great size for a WR. 6’3”, 235 pounds and ran a 4.54 40! Another versatile WR to go along Jayden Reed, as Higgins can line up in the slot and outside on the perimeter.

Pick 230 - Adam Korsak, P, Rutgers

Rugby style punter from Rutgers. Is the team fed up with Jake Bailey? If so, Korsak is a guy that BB would fall in love with. Not the best punter in the draft, but very well could and should be available at this spot.

*** would like to add, I was going to trade up with the extra picks I gained and grab DB Jordan Battle from Alabama in the 3rd round, but the mock was going too fast and it wouldn’t stop the clock to let me trade up lol

Edited by DaPatsKid98

9 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Darnell Wright is a complete A+ by himself. Absolutely love that pick. He can lock down the tackle spot for years. (at least longer than Isaiah Wynn)

In hindsight, he is probably only a RT in the NFL.. but a pro bowl one so not a bad deal. If Anton Harrison is there I mayyyy lean to him instead.. but it's hard. 

I’m not familiar with Julius Brent. I’ll have to check his game out!! I do like a corner early. Tyrique Stevenson, Cam Smith, Jaylon Jones.

He is huge and great agility drills. His tape looks good too, reports are that he's a huge film guy and very dedicated. Only knock is 4.53 40 but everything else is elite. People are still saying he goes in the 3rd but I don't believe it. I think we could see as many as 10 CB taken by 50.. crazy, I know

Byron Young feels like a Patriots type player. I wouldn’t love it, but he seems like a guy the coaching staff would think they can mold into a big time contributor in a few years, like you say.

He is a ball of clay type, but the tools are there. He reminds me a lot of Uche. If he sits behind Uche maybe he can make an impact year 2 instead of 3 if he doesn't get injured. The guy they may like over him is YaYa Diaby because he is bigger. 

Zach Kuntz is a hard pass for me. I don’t buy into his combine hype and not overly wow’ed by anything I’ve seen from him on film. Seems more and more likely a tight end will be taken at some point in the draft though as we get closer. I really think they’ll like Tucker Kraft.

I also love Kraft, problem being that I think Kraft could go in the 2nd/3rd. Zuntz is a huge upside guy and played well in 2021. I'm assuming that the top 6 guys are off the board. 

DTR is a guy I’ve always liked to watch play at UCLA. I’ll also admit I wasn’t exactly sure he would make it in the NFL as a passer, but after he was clocked throwing 62(!) mph, I’m all in on him as a developmental prospect. If we did it with Zappe, I’d absolutely do it with Dorian Thompson-Robinson. I like this pick here! @Crimmage

So I'm making that pick 100% off the Shrine Bowl. I haven't watched anything from him at UCLA. BUT, at the Shrine Bowl it was noted by many that his mechanics were dramatically better since working with Palmer and he looked like he was making major improvements. If he can do that in a few months.. give him a year with an NFL team and he could see major progress. Even if he is traded in 2 years ( like I think happens to Zappe) that's a worthwhile pick. 

Signing Jabrill Peppers is a must. A+ on your free agency negotiation 🤣 we need that guy back. More time in our system and he will be a menace. Played well as the season went on. If D-Mac is gone, this guy becomes an even bigger priority!

Peppers is just a guy you want on your team. He's nuts, in a good way lol. As long as he doesn't get injured he's a big impact player. I'm not really sold on any of the safeties outside of the top 2 rounds unless Christopher Smith falls .. so i figure that's a free agency fix / move Jalen Mills. You could talk me into taking 2 CB in the top 4 rounds again too. 

6 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Do I really need to convince you why this is a good pick?

Yup, becasue I see him as a total risk with major bust potential.

Reason

Sr Bowl the Bucky's screaming about his pancakes. What they didn't say was he got beat by a guy with limited flexibility to the outside and the next play he put a choke hole on the player which brings me to my next point. He to big and can't move his feet ( he also crosses his feet, the worse thing you can do )to a wide base. NFL rusher will eat him alive, head shake, he loses balance all they do is push him over. The lack of a wide base was as clear as day,  at combine.  Son played DE in school, he pointed out this flaw as he was walking by the TV.

He's where the Buckys were going crazy, me 1st down holding!!   20 30 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU97YR6WHpg

Point two he's 400 lbs and was going to lose weight this year.... not.  No self discipline.

He's not into football it more of a mean to a end.  I read his history. To lazy to look for article.

You give him his 1st check he becomes Jamasus Russell . Two weeks later fishing or he's at a fast food joint. 

Last I don't care how much he dominates in college in the NFL, he goes against guys that are equal in talent or more and his size will not help him.

6 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Same as Jones but give it his all. Size is his calling card in college, not in the NFL. Lower RD pick.

Hey what happen with Garrett Williams, he will be a steal who ever gets him. I know one thing, he will be just like Mccourty if they move him to FS.. AP

Edited by m haynes

8 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

My First Post-Combine Mock Draft

The New England Patriots trade pick 14 away to the Detroit Lions for pick 18 and pick 55.

That's a steep cost for the other team, doubt someone gives up that much for 4 picks.. but I would take that all day.

As we sit tight in our war room, the Los Angeles Chargers ring our phone wanting to move up. We trade them pick 18 for for pick 21 and a 2024 4th round pick. I’ll take that deal.

My question there is.. how is 4 picks on the above trade worth a 2nd in the same year.. while 3 picks right after is only worth a 4th the next year ( worth a 5th this year essentially). I think those trades are pretty unrealistic, if you give up 76 maybe you get 55 back.. but I would guess 14 to 18 being worth a 3rd or a 3rd and 4th max. 

Pick 21 - Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State

Do I really need to convince you why this is a good pick? Especially after gaining a 2nd rounder and a future 4th in the process of moving down to get this behemoth??

I need to know who else is on the board first haha. He's fine.. but I'm not dealing with the weight concerns if I can get Anton Harrison or Darnell Wright. 

Pick 46 - Adetomiwa Adebawore, DL, Northwestern

Versatile, big, strong, explosive. What else could we want from a defensive lineman? After primarily lining up outside the tackle, there’s talks amongst league circles that Adebawore could end up playing more on the inside of the trenches. Jerod Mayo will find a spot for this guy to be successful. He ran a 4.54 at 280lbs! Patriots also met with him at the Senior Bowl, and Ade exclaimed that the Pats & Co. wanted to get to know him more as a person.

I can see them liking him

Pick 56 - Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah

What’s there to not like about Phillips? Hardly anything. Uber-talented CB group in the draft this year makes it tougher for the Clark Phillips and Garrett Williams types this year. The Utah Utes prospect forced a 68.4 passer rating when in coverage this past season and snagged 6 interceptions.

He's very small and slow. I don't think he's a day 2 pick anymore let alone a 2nd rounder. They really need size

Pick 76 - Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State

Reed gives Bill O’Brien an instant playmaker that can line up just about anywhere that you could want a receiver to be at. His leadership and never-quit attitude will be a plus for a young offense in the locker room and on the field. He had a down senior season due to regressing play from QB Payton Thorne. Reed opened many eyes since the draft process began, and he’ll continue to open more eyes as soon as he touches an NFL field.

No complaints here. I think you can take a slot guy later but I wouldn't complain at all about Reed in the 3rd. I think he's going to be a really good pro. 

With so many draft picks, I opt to use one for a guy that was thought of by many as a “top 100 prospect” before going down at the combine as a victim of a torn ACL. Good value pick here. Redshirt year and see what he can do for us in 2024.

They have Cole and Hines who I like a lot. I would much rather take a developmental OT at this point.. or go after a high potential player at a skill position. This would be a good point to take a TE, don't think you can leave this draft without a high potential TE. 

Pick 117 - Braeden Daniels, OL, Utah

Daniels has experience lining up at left tackle, left guard, and right tackle. But the most impressive feat on his resume? 3 sacks given up in 3 years. Take the big fella and see what he can do. He could potentially compete with Connor McDermott as our swing tackle, and even then some depending on how we go about free agency.

Don't know him but I am all for double dipping at OT

Pick 135 - Dorian Williams, LB, Tulane

Williams was phenomenal down in Tulane this past season when he dropped back to play some zone. He allowed only 161 (!) yards when in coverage snaps! I’m going to need to watch more tape on Dorian Williams, but I like what I’ve seen/read on the guy. Logical choice for a team looking to upgrade its linebacker core.

Like this pick, he can cover and would be great next to Bentley

New England Patriots trade away pick 184 and 256 for pick 171 to the Green Bay Packers.

Pick 171 - Aubrey Miller, EDGE, Jacksonville State

Miller was a combine snub, and it would’ve paid dividends for him come draft day if he was there. He’s on the smaller side size-wise. The guy is an animal after coming over from Missouri to play for Coach Prime. I’d like to follow his development throughout his time in the league, he could really become something as a pass-rusher.

I never saw Jackson State.. but he balled out at the Senior Bowl. He is VERY much on my radar on day 3

New England Patriots trade pick 187 to the Tennessee Titans for pick 230 & a 2024 5th round pick.

Pick 192 - Stetson Bennett, QB, Georgia

Late round QB. Shoot the dart every year. Bennett looked good throwing the deep ball imo at the combine, too. Just about as successful of a college QB that one could hope for.

I want nothing to do with this guy.. 

Pick 210 - Elijah Higgins, WR, Stanford

Double dip at WR. Wanted to go Deneric Prince the Tulsa RB here, but he literally went two picks before this. Michael Williams is getting all the attention out of Stanford, but Higgins has great size for a WR. 6’3”, 235 pounds and ran a 4.54 40! Another versatile WR to go along Jayden Reed, as Higgins can line up in the slot and outside on the perimeter.

Meh, a slightly faster Humphrey .. i'm good

Pick 230 - Adam Korsak, P, Rutgers

Rugby style punter from Rutgers. Is the team fed up with Jake Bailey? If so, Korsak is a guy that BB would fall in love with. Not the best punter in the draft, but very well could and should be available at this spot.

If Bailey's suspension holds, I like this pick. 

12 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I want nothing to do with this guy.. 

You don't give a reason but I will.  There are to many dumb *** Pats fans that will know him.  Mac will make one mistake and the idiots will be screaming his name. You have to find out what you have before you bring in someone like Stetson Bennett.

Yes I understand if Mac Jones can't deal with this he not the guy crap, however this is ALL on BB. He created this crap show the day he made Fat Matt OC and than yanking him out after two minutes back after the injury. What burns my butt after "what best for the team" BS !!!!!! Frigging liar. It all about him !!! IMO he hates Jones becasue he's not some  fool that worship at the feet of almighty BB.

There is only one selfish reason BB is still coaching and he can even do that right!!! Matt frigging P, really.

BB do you see Mac as QB inn 2023 ??????????????????????????????? Mumbles some BS. The answer is yes even if it not true. He set off a week of haters going after Mac. Nice job fool.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

You don't give a reason but I will.  There are to many dumb *** Pats fans that will know him.  Mac will make one mistake and the idiots will be screaming his name. You have to find out what you have before you bring in someone like Stetson Bennett.

Yes I understand if Mac Jones can't deal with this he not the guy crap, however this is ALL on BB. He created this crap show the day he made Fat Matt OC and than yanking him out after two minutes back after the injury. What burns my butt after "what best for the team" BS !!!!!! Frigging liar. It all about him !!! IMO he hates Jones becasue he's not some  fool that worship at the feet of almighty BB.

There is only one selfish reason BB is still coaching and he can even do that right!!! Matt frigging P, really.

BB do you see Mac as QB inn 2023 ??????????????????????????????? Mumbles some BS. The answer is yes even if it not true. He set off a week of haters going after Mac. Nice job fool.

• He's Old
  • He's Small 
  • He's Cocky without a reason to be, felt like he was too good for the Senior Bowl
  • Got arrested recently, not the look i want from my QB
  • He's a product of his environment ( more so than Mac was) 
  • No upside whatsoever 

He will either be a practice squad player, or a forever backup, or will own Bennett Chevrolet's all over Georgia in 10 years

He is a worse version of Davis Mills who is a worse version of Mac Jones. If Mac Jones isn't the guy, which I am currently 50/50 on.. I certainly don't think a worse version of him ( who is older than him). The only QB I'm drafting outside of the first round guys is DTR, he at least has some upside to develop. 

I'm very much in the camp of trading picks this draft.. trading down because of depth.. and trading into next year to accumulate enough picks to draft the next QB. If you're picking at 15 again next year you're going to need an extra 1st / 2nd to help you get into the top 10. Teams will value a pick the same year much more than a future pick giving you an advantage over other teams wanting a QB. 

Gave free agency a run on this version. Plan was to retain a few of our own guys and to not spend crazy on free agency. Getting support for Mac Jones was my top priority. He’s my guy.

Rock On Football GIF by New England Patriots

Will he ever become a top 10 QB? I’m not sure, but I know his rookie season was very promising; and nothing was promised his sophomore year with Matt Patricia at the helm of the offense.

To spice this up, let’s work under the assumption Devin McCourty retires. As we kick off free agency, I’m going to let most of my guys all test the waters.

Reason being, I decided to let Jakobi Meyers and Isaiah Wynn walk in free agency long before March rolled around. Those guys aren’t elite but they are near the top for their position group of guys that are available this off-season. 🏦 

Someone else will pay them handsomely, and we will collect the compensatory picks for the following year. 

Patriots trade DB Jalen Mills to the Lions for DL Levi Onwuzurike to kick things off for the off-season movement

FREE AGENCY

CB Jonathan Jones, 2 years $17.5M

DB Jabrill Peppers, 3 years $26M

LB Mack Wilson, 1 year $2M

WR Braxton Berrios, 2 years $12.5M

DL Isaac Rochell, 1 year $1.5M

NFL DRAFT

The Patriots trade 14 to the Seahawks for 20, 83, and 197.

Pick 20 - Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

The Patriots trade pick 46, 135, 210 to the Raiders for pick 38.

Pick 38 - Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa

Pick 76 - Garrett Williams, DB, Syracuse

Pick 83 - Tucker Kraft, TE, South Dakota State

The Patriots trade picks 117, 184, and 258 to the 49ers for pick 102.

Pick 102 - A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest

Pick 107 - Oluesegun Oluwatimi, iOL, Michigan

The Patriots trade pick 187 and 192 to Arizona for pick 170.

Pick 170 - Jake Moody, K, Michigan

Pick 197 - Deneric Prince, RB, Tulsa

16 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Gave free agency a run on this version. Plan was to retain a few of our own guys and to not spend crazy on free agency. Getting support for Mac Jones was my top priority. He’s my guy.

Will he ever become a top 10 QB? I’m not sure, but I know his rookie season was very promising; and nothing was promised his sophomore year with Matt Patricia at the helm of the offense.

To spice this up, let’s work under the assumption Devin McCourty retires. As we kick off free agency, I’m going to let most of my guys all test the waters.

Reason being, I decided to let Jakobi Meyers and Isaiah Wynn walk in free agency long before March rolled around. Those guys aren’t elite but they are near the top for their position group of guys that are available this off-season. 🏦 

Someone else will pay them handsomely, and we will collect the compensatory picks for the following year. 

Patriots trade DB Jalen Mills to the Lions for DL Levi Onwuzurike to kick things off for the off-season movement

FREE AGENCY

NFL DRAFT

The Patriots trade 14 to the Seahawks for 20, 83, and 197.

Pick 20 - Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

The Patriots trade pick 46, 135, 210 to the Raiders for pick 38.

The Patriots trade picks 117, 184, and 258 to the 49ers for pick 102.

Pick 102 - A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest

Pick 107 - Oluesegun Oluwatimi, iOL, Michigan

The Patriots trade pick 187 and 192 to Arizona for pick 170.

Pick 170 - Jake Moody, K, Michigan

Are these your picks or what you think the Pats will do in the draft?  I'm going with your picks.

----------------------------------------------

Love the player, not the pick or trade.  There not to many teams looking for this type of player. He coming out on passing downs. Also a trade is not needed to get him in the 2nd RD

Not a fan of the player. His combine numbers don 't reflect on the field. I don't see his game translating in the Pats  offense. He's only a pass catcher with no blocking ability. Its a visual thing for me, he's tall and light on his feet however that's a negative in the run game.  83 is a complete reach.

My draft philosophy  never waste lower picks on a players that have limited potential. I would look for something that might grow with coaching. This guy has nothing to build on , basically a jag. RB are a dime a dozen, get one UDFA.

EX Why I like the Harris pick last year. He was in the 6th becasue of injuries. When healthy he was a above average player, he put up numbers. Another, draft a OL guy that has the body to play in the NFL, maybe coaching and healthy eating might really help. Small school players eat at Micky Dees !!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

@DaPatsKid98

I can't slam the crap out of your picks without showing some love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣😁

Bottom of the ninth bases loaded... it a deep drive way way back, it a grand slam, the Pats win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sorry wrong sport but you get the gist.

He is one of my favorite players in this draft. He's perfect for the Pats. Plays CB but he has AP potential at free safety. He a McCourty clone !!!

I have watched several games and videos on you tube and he doesn't disappoint. His football IQ stands out.

Edited by m haynes

@m haynesLittle mixture of both…

Me personally, my first round pick list has these names on it for the Patriots.

Devon Witherspoon, Christian Gonzales, Brian Branch, Darnell Wright, Broderick Jones. Wouldn’t hate JSN either though.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s other guys I like/wouldn’t mind the team taking in round 1.. but, THOSE guys ^^^ I would LOVE to see her selected.

I’ve only been running one mock and then posting it, opposed to doing multiple to get my ideal scenario. Doesn’t always turn out well but I don’t want to manipulate an already broken PFF Mock Machine lol

Campbell pick is more geared towards what I think the team could do. They don’t mind taking linebackers early that won’t be on the field heavily (Brandon Spikes). Trent Simpson or Drew Sanders are guys I’d much rather have if we go LB, just didn’t shake out that way in this mock. I do onder if the team will be in on guys like Noah Sewell, Ivan Pace, Henry To’oTo’o despite their glaring issues.

On Prince, I wanted to go QB Clayton Thune but I think he’d be gone by that point IRL 🤷‍♂️ 

I actually had an UDFA section, and Prince was in there. But I had to re-type that post 3 times because my phone was failing on me 🤣 Scrapped that idea the 3rd post attempt and just moved Prince to 197.

Needed to dump some of those draft picks I started off with, and not a lot of glaring needs as the draft went on EXCEPT defensive line. I really crapped the bed on that one lol. Just took some speed at the RB position 😎

Not my favorite mock, but I don’t really hate it. Filled some holes, got some young prospects to mold, and most importantly, solidified the offensive line with Jones and Oluwatimi.

10 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Me personally, my first round pick list has these names on it for the Patriots.

Devon Witherspoon, Christian Gonzales, Brian Branch, Darnell Wright, Broderick Jones. Wouldn’t hate JSN either though.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s other guys I like/wouldn’t mind the team taking in round 1.. but, THOSE guys ^^^ I would LOVE to see her selected.

That what I have to do, get a list of players at each spot.  I'm all over the place currently. I change flavors daily.  However my ice cream Sunday deluxe !!!!!

Nolan Smith   He is my #1 target in this draft. I doubt that changes. IMO he's perfect.  Josh Allen nightmare !!!! 

I just had a thought the movie Taken. The phone call " But what I do have are a very particular set of skills",  "I will find you"

"I have a particular set of skills..."

@DaPatsKid98

I broke down the first two rounds to two halves.  I added 5th RD because the value of the players and BB will trade into the RD. My mock or gut I want in red.

Unfortunately did not come up with a Elite WR prospect however I got Mac 3 weapons, Laporta, Tyler Scott and Elijah Higgins

1st RD at 14
Nolan Smith
Christian Gonzalez

Trade down 20 to 32
Darnell Wright
Zay Flowers
Broderick Jones
Jaxon Smith-Njigba
Devon Witherspoon

2nd RD 1st half (trade needed)

Sam LaPorta

Jaelyn Duncan
Brian Branch
Drew Sanders

2nd rd 46
Emmanuel Forbes
Dalton Kincaid
Matthew Bergeron

3rd

Tyler Scott
Jack Campbell
Cody Mauch
Luke Musgrave
Steve Avila
Jordan Battle
Garrett Williams
Darius Rush
Olusegun Oluwatimi
Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson
Antonio Johnson

4th
Jake Moody
Xavier Hutchinson
Nathaniel Dell
Tyjae Spears
YaYa Diaby
Nick Broeker
Clark Phillips III

5th

Riley Moss

Jaxson Kirkland
Charlie Jones
Jayden Reed
Trey Palmer
Tyler Steen
Kenny McIntosh
Eric Gray
Mazi Smith
Byron Young
Keeanu Benton

6th
Elijah Higgins
Luke Schoonmaker
Michael Wilson
Rakim Jarrett
Dee Winters
Payne Durham
Parker Washington
Roschon Johnson

7th
Michael Turk
Mohamoud Diabate
Zacch Pickens
Will Mallory
Dorian Thompson-Robinson
Puka Nacua

8 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Christian Gonzalez

Gonzalez is a lock for top 10, if he were there at 14 I would be doing backflips for days

Trade down 20 to 32
Darnell Wright
Zay Flowers
Broderick Jones

I like the idea of trading back and hoping one of these 3 is there around 20. That's a good range for these guys

Jaxon Smith-Njigba

JSN isn't making it to 20, he may not even make it to 14. 

Bears at 9 makes sense.. Texans take Stroud and they could take JSN at 12 too

Sam LaPorta

I'd mess with LaPorta in the 3rd/4th.. but this seems way too early. I think he can be good, but not almost first rounder good. 

Jaelyn Duncan

I've cooled off a little bit on OT in the first, I would really much rather have a CB/WR. Duncan at 46 would be a good option for them. 

Drew Sanders

Sanders at 46 would be funnnn

2nd rd 46
Emmanuel Forbes

Forbes will never get drafted by BB.. he will get plowed down by offenses at 160lb

Dalton Kincaid

He's probably a 1st rounder, someone will fall in love with him. 

Matthew Bergeron

Have you looked at Bergeron? I only saw him at the Senior Bowl, curious as to what you think about him. 

3rd

Tyler Scott

He didn't test as well as expected and is super raw, i'm out on him

Jack Campbell

I think he goes in the 2nd, but in the 3rd that's a great value. 

Cody Mauch

In the 3rd, I love him. Put him at RT then if he doesn't do well enough you can move him to RG next year when Onwenu is likely gone

Luke Musgrave

Combine warrior, injuries and drops.. no thanks

Darius Rush

Loved his senior bowl and his combine. I think he goes in the 2nd. If he were there in the 3rd I would double dip at CB. This draft at CB is really good. 

4th
Jake Moody

It would be just like them to take a kicker in the 4th lol .. 5th, sure.. but 4th.. 

Xavier Hutchinson

Slightly faster Jakobi Meyers, meh

Nathaniel Dell

He will get broken in half at his size and doesn't have the expected speed.. UDFA 

Tyjae Spears

Beast, love him

YaYa Diaby

How is he this big and this fast!? I think this is a good range for him and you've got to take a chance on him in the 4th. Totally worth it. 

Clark Phillips III

I think he falls further tbo. He's a baller but so small and tested slow. He feels like a guy they take in the 6th

Riley Moss

I think they will like him, maybe even as a guy who plays CB and FS. He tested really well. 

Jaxson Kirkland

He measured bigger than expected.. If he is there in the 5th ( don't think he will be, i think he goes in the late 3rd/early 4th) I'm taking him and keeping him at OT. 

Charlie Jones

Who told me he wouldn't test well!? Great agilities and 40.. I think he goes in the 4th because of it. If you can't get a top slot (JSN/Flowers/Mims) then he's a great option. 

Jayden Reed

3rd round all day 

Trey Palmer

I don't see it.. he's a worse Hyatt

Tyler Steen

No chance he gets this far, I am so incredibly confident this man ends up being a 3rd rounder. He tested really well and Alabama loved him. O'Brien is going to make this man the Patriots next LT/RT. He will be pick 76 and the LT of the future if they don't get a guy in the top 2 rounds. I think he could be a Matt Light type.. not spectacular, needs help against elite guys but can be a solid starter on the left side. 

Kenny McIntosh
Eric Gray

Love them both.. they should go earlier but I think you've got them right given the depth

Mazi Smith
Byron Young
Keeanu Benton

All gone top 100 imo, tested way too well 

Luke Schoonmaker

Tested really well.. probably goes in the 4th

Michael Wilson

Way too many injuries.. UDFA 

Rakim Jarrett

5 star recruit, tested well.. i think he goes in the 4th off potential 

Dee Winters

Small and tested bad, really sad but he could be a UDFA

Payne Durham

I think this is about right for him.. not an athlete.. solid TE2 type guy

7th
Michael Turk

I think he probably goes in the 6th.. thankfully the Patriots have like 4 of them. Turk / Baringer / Korsak are good options. 

Mohamoud Diabate

Wish he tested at the combine.. but they seemed to like him at the Shrine Bowl. I think this is about right

Dorian Thompson-Robinson

I think he ends up going as soon as the 4th. He tested well and is a really good project QB

Have you looked at Bergeron? I only saw him at the Senior Bowl, curious as to what you think about him. 

I think he's raw to the point of being one of the picks that everyone says, are you crazy, you picked him????  Well I'm not one of them.

I think he's will be a steal. His major problem IMO is he pass protection and all his faults come down to technique. He's athletic, light on his feet 6'5 315 and has 33 3/4 arm length.  Again is the visual when I watch him play. He has it all on the physical part of the game.   To keep it simple I look from the hips down when it comes to OL.

That why I don't like Johnson at 14 and why I can't stand Dewand Jones,  among other things with him. Like eating himself out of the NFL.

Here's a great tape on him, his tech, it's awful however I see hips down. Pointing out the negatives ... balance, hand use, lunging you name it's ugly. All tech problems. The worse that happens is we draft a player that can play all position on the OL.  The one thing I don't know, can he learn from coaching. I called him to set up a time to work him out, but he hung up!!!! 😁🤣

Matthew Bergeron Highlights - Senior Bowl - Syracuse OL - YouTube

PS I also have changed with Cody Mauch. He's a hot mess however he has it from the hips down.  Move him to non draft-able or late rounds to 3rd RD.

Forbes will never get drafted by BB.. he will get plowed down by offenses at 160lb

Well that's BB who IMO is still stuck in the 70's and the guy that has Myles Bryant starting for the last couple of years. My philosophy, " is in your shirt " I don't give a damn about size. I  thought Marcus Jones was a 2nd RD pick last year, shock they took him in the 3rd. They want to run at him great that means their not passing the ball. The NFL is 99 % passing and Forbes is perfect in today's NFL.  It comes down can he play.  IMO heck ya.  I laugh at all the Bucky's some guy is not on their board, than he blows up the combine where there are no pads and no competition.  His numbers mean little, Ex Richardson has done crap, small sample size and he walks on water now, good luck to that sucker who drafts him.  A CB with the same  "walk on water " measurable is Julius Brents who I turn off the video half way through.  Now all we hear did you see his frigging numbers!!!! I could give to crap, IMO he's another wasted pick that's 6' 3.  You pick Forbes or Brent based on results on the field. its Forbes all day long!!!

Also if we care what BB wants, we would be looking at Quintin Johnson in a Pats uniform.  Draft night tell him its bed time !!!!!

He didn't test as well as expected and is super raw, i'm out on him

Again its test well !!!! I could care less. Test well gets you, Strange and Thornton.  I watched him with Ridder a NFL QB, that where he shines.  Raw, I read that as well, than I watched game videos.  What happens if JSN does at 4.57 does in position change??? Heck no. I read that, Flowers hurt him self running a 4.4. really !!!!

I think he goes in the 2nd, but in the 3rd that's a great value. 

Two down player. Most NFL have speed defenses. He's not a priority in the 2nd for most teams. Today NFL like shinny new toys, meat a potatoes comes after.

It would be just like them to take a kicker in the 4th lol .. 5th, sure.. but 4th.. 

I don't care with Moody, he's worth a 4th. Kicker set for the next 10+ years worth every penny. I like sleeping pick!!!!!

12 hours ago, m haynes said:

Xavier Hutchinson

Slightly faster Jakobi Meyers, meh

Really??? JM 4.6  XH 4.5.   In the 4th RD. 

Nathaniel Dell

He will get broken in half at his size and doesn't have the expected speed.. UDFA 

You sure love those numbers. I don't get " broken in half in 2023" . They play tag football. Watched tape, he's fast enough. Hill and Waddle (size) say hi !!!! @Crimmageyou need to let go of the 70s !!!!!! 

Dorian Thompson-Robinson

I think he ends up going as soon as the 4th. He tested well and is a really good project QB

Here you go with numbers !!!!

IMO he doesn't have a chance in heel to play QB in the NFL. Gimmick QB is the only chance. However I take a chance if he willing to try other position as well.

Numbers help however not enough in general to change my opinion this late in the process. Unless they jump off the page, sort to speak. EX Trey Dean 4.75 !!!

Thank God another crap potential Gator, hopefully off the board!!! BB takes him in the 2nd RD!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said put him to bed on draft day!!!!! He thought his dog in the chair was funny. My thought were.

I trust the the dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by m haynes

On 3/9/2023 at 4:40 PM, DaPatsKid98 said:

FREE AGENCY

Going back to my last draft post on this thread; the free agency powwow to be more exact

Im wrong more often than not, so let me have this moment 🤣🤣🤣

Nailed Devin McCourty retiring (Not happy to get that one right

Nailed the years and ALMOST hammered the $$$ on J Jones deal out of the ballpark

Nearly identical #’s for McMillian, that I instead placed on Mack Wilson. Just chose the wrong LB

I hope this trend continues… I’d love to see Jabrill Peppers back on the contract I drew up for us above!!😅🤣😉