Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sam Howell last night:

- 11-of-14 for 153 yards and a TD
- 136 passer rating
- 78.6 completion %

He led 3 scoring drives for the Seahawks. I still think it was a mistake to trade him. Mariota is not that good of a passer & neither is Driskel plus Sam is younger, he could've been the backup for Daniels for years to come.

I'd like to put 10 "likes" on this one .. That move didn't make any sense at the time . This may make Peters look a but foolish . Sam palyed QB like a LB, in a good way. Just a tough sumb----

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sam Howell last night:

- 11-of-14 for 153 yards and a TD
- 136 passer rating
- 78.6 completion %

He led 3 scoring drives for the Seahawks. I still think it was a mistake to trade him. Mariota is not that good of a passer & neither is Driskel plus Sam is younger, he could've been the backup for Daniels for years to come.

I don’t think Howell would be happy being the backup.  That’s why traded him.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I don’t think Howell would be happy being the backup.  That’s why traded him.  

Well he's going to be the backup in Seattle and very likely will be a career backup/spot starter type like a Gardner Minshew. They traded him bc they viewed the deal they were offered by Seattle was to good to turn down, but I’d rather have a top backup than a few extra picks. 

Just now, turtle28 said:

Well he's going to be the backup in Seattle and very likely will be a career backup/spot starter type like a Gardner Minshew. They traded him bc they viewed the deal they were offered by Seattle was too good to turn down, but I’d rather have a top backup than a few extra picks. 

Sorry, I meant being the backup here, especially after starting for us for the bulk of last season. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

not saying it'll happen but would be our luck if we had THE GUY all along and traded him and passed up that haul for the #2 overall pick .. UGH  ..

I’m not sold that Sam will ever be anyone’s “guy.” I do think he's more career bacup up but, those #s look better than our backups & he's younger. 

It’s obvious that Jayden is way more talented in every way.

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Sorry, I meant being the backup here, especially after starting for us for the bulk of last season. 

Maybe, they may have even had a discussion about it with him before trading him. He may have wanted to be traded if we were going to take a QB at 2, I don't think that's the case and I've never heard that but it's possible that happened.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe, they may have even had a discussion about it with him before trading him. He may have wanted to be traded if we were going to take a QB at 2, I don't think that's the case and I've never heard that but it's possible that happened.

Yeah, I don’t know if that’s the case either, but usually if a guy is a younger player who is handling that kind of situation like a pro, teams normally would try to accommodate the player into a new situation if it makes sense.  

It seems like they had a clear plan.  Daniels, or someone else, at #2, sign Mariota as a mentor who is a former top draft pick himself, and have Driskel/Hartman battle for the last spot.  They clearly got value for Howell, who we can both admit would be in a sticky situation here, so it worked out for both parties however they came up with it and why they did it.  

• Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 5:04 PM, turtle28 said:

I’m not sold that Sam will ever be anyone’s “guy.” I do think he's more career bacup up but, those #s look better than our backups & he's younger. 

It’s obvious that Jayden is way more talented in every way.

I watched the Seahawks game --yeah preseason and all but damn he made some nice throws / plays. Beautiuful perfect touch TD pass. Sideline pinpoint throws. He looks trimmer.. Sure wish he was still here . ! 

He'll be a new man there. They had a running game, the OL mostly held their own . 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Posted in the locked thread for information, but also to share this here.  Some of the bugs are fixed in regards to Twitter/X as well as being able to post gifs again.  

Awesome, thanks boss! I'm going to put in for a raise in pay for you!

• Like 1