Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

Wonderful! Ughh!

You may hate this guy but you have to respect his business savy. It sounds like a great idea but this is horrible for kids who think they’re good enough to jump to the nba from college but aren’t. I guess the fall back is they can stay in this league and play for $10,000 a month for a long as they want which isn’t a bad gig as a job, even if it doesn’t pay what true Pro ball does.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Wonderful! Ughh!

You may hate this guy but you have to respect his business savy. It sounds like a great idea but this is horrible for kids who think they’re good enough to jump to the nba from college but aren’t. I guess the fall back is they can stay in this league and play for $10,000 a month for a long as they want which isn’t a bad gig as a job, even if it doesn’t pay what true Pro ball does.

He's got no business savvy. If he wasn't riding the backs of his sons' talent, he'd be another loudmouth. As it is, he's great at being a carnival barker but not so great as a businessman. Big Baller brand is a joke. If he's involved in that league, its a guarantee fail. Too much $$$ is needed to get this afloat. He's got to get sponsors. And with no real ROI, corporate sponsors are only  going to do it for so long. It would take the league supporting this like the NFL did with NFL Europe, for it to survive. And why would the NBA do this when it already has a free farm system in the NCAA??

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

He's got no business savvy. If he wasn't riding the backs of his sons' talent, he'd be another loudmouth. As it is, he's great at being a carnival barker but not so great as a businessman. Big Baller brand is a joke. If he's involved in that league, its a guarantee fail. Too much $$$ is needed to get this afloat. He's got to get sponsors. And with no real ROI, corporate sponsors are only  going to do it for so long. It would take the league supporting this like the NFL did with NFL Europe, for it to survive. And why would the NBA do this when it already has a free farm system in the NCAA??

I agree with most of what you said but the NBA doesn’t have to do anything with this. They already take kids into the NBA draft w/o a year in college if they are one year removed from high school. Brandon Jennings didn’t want to go to college so he played a year or 2 in Europe before entering the draft. If a US kid doesn’t have to go to Europe to play ball he’d gladly play for a league in between high school and the pros before entering the draft. Many kids will do this so they don’t have to go to college.

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I agree with most of what you said but the NBA doesn’t have to do anything with this. They already take kids into the NBA draft w/o a year in college if they are one year removed from high school. Brandon Jennings didn’t want to go to college so he played a year or 2 in Europe before entering the draft. If a US kid doesn’t have to go to Europe to play ball he’d gladly play for a league in between high school and the pros before entering the draft. Many kids will do this so they don’t have to go to college.

Right. That's my point. The only entity with deep enough pockets to help get this off the ground and be viable for more than a few years is the NBA. And they won't do it because of the reasons you and I stated

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Right. That's my point. The only entity with deep enough pockets to help get this off the ground and be viable for more than a few years is the NBA. And they won't do it because of the reasons you and I stated

Maybe Vince McMahnon backs it..