KC getting no respect

Rtnldave

I've been looking at various prediction sites and trolling a bit on both Philly and KC's pages.

From what I am reading, Kansas City has no shot outside of Mahomes playing like superman.

Both teams are 16-3. However, the argument could be made that KC had a more challenging schedule to achieve 16 wins and a higher level of competition in the playoffs.

Not that any of that really matters, it is all about match ups.

So, does anyone here think KC has any chance of winning this game?

45 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I've been looking at various prediction sites and trolling a bit on both Philly and KC's pages.

From what I am reading, Kansas City has no shot outside of Mahomes playing like superman.

Both teams are 16-3. However, the argument could be made that KC had a more challenging schedule to achieve 16 wins and a higher level of competition in the playoffs.

Not that any of that really matters, it is all about match ups.

So, does anyone here think KC has any chance of winning this game?

They have a better chance at winning than Dallas does...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

My only only hope is that the Eagles give Hurts $50M a year, but something tells me they are smarter than …well us. 

If the Eagles are able to win the SB...I doubt they let Hurts go. 

However, unlike Dallas, they'll be smarter than giving a contract to a WR coming off a major injury, paying big money to a RB, and tagging a TE whose production was replacable by two rookie tight ends. 

Oh - and  trading away a guy they traded a 1st round pick to acquire for a 5th round pick. 

11 minutes ago, D82 said:

If the Eagles are able to win the SB...I doubt they let Hurts go. 

However, unlike Dallas, they'll be smarter than giving a contract to a WR coming off a major injury, paying big money to a RB, and tagging a TE whose production was replacable by two rookie tight ends. 

Oh - and  trading away a guy they traded a 1st round pick to acquire for a 5th round pick. 

All 3 of Zeke, Schultz, and Gallups cap hits for next season combined are less than $50M. For one, Schultz is completely off the books. His cap hit is $0. Hard to say that was a dumb move when the two rookies weren’t even on the team yet. For two, Zeke is probably getting a pay cut. Gallups contract looks horrible but it’s $13M. Not even in the same ball park as $50M. 

The Eagles signing Hurts to a $50M a year deal would be amazing, and will hurt them more than Dallas Goederts deal(which is huge). 

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

All 3 of Zeke, Schultz, and Gallups cap hits for next season combined are less than $50M. For one, Schultz is completely off the books. His cap hit is $0. Hard to say that was a dumb move when the two rookies weren’t even on the team yet. For two, Zeke is probably getting a pay cut. Gallups contract looks horrible but it’s $13M. Not even in the same ball park as $50M. 

The Eagles signing Hurts to a $50M a year deal would be amazing, and will hurt them more than Dallas Goederts deal(which is huge). 

My point - is that Philadelphia will still find a way to maximize their investment. They won't tie up the rest of their cap space in injured, unproductive players. They'll continue to increase their assets and not sit on their hands like Dallas and expect their QB to do it all. 

23 minutes ago, D82 said:

My point - is that Philadelphia will still find a way to maximize their investment. They won't tie up the rest of their cap space in injured, unproductive players. They'll continue to increase their assets and not sit on their hands like Dallas and expect their QB to do it all. 

Well you know, If they have a top 6 defense, top 3 in sacks, lead the league in takeaways, and have a top 9 rushing offense they won’t need the QB to do everything.

They’ll just need him to do something, and not actively hurt the team with costly turnovers. 

Edited by DaBoys

The Eagles have really good timing, unfortunately.  Hurts rookie contract expires the same year the NFL salary cap is set to explode.  So, they could easily sign him/franchise him etc.  Our problem, of course, is that Dak’s contract also expires at the same time and he will also be looking for another huge payday.  And, we can’t even franchise him.  I’m just saying that the Dak era in Dallas needs to end.  You guys want to see the cowboys become serious contenders?  Super easy…

Bench Dak.  Cut Zeke and smith(post June 1).  Re-sign nobody unless it’s a very favorable team deal.  Now, here’s the important part… we need to start Malik Davis at QB.  Essentially, we need to run the exact same offense that SF ran against philly in the second half after purdy came back in.

We draft Caleb Williams in 2024 draft.  We will have about $150M in cap space.  We are legit contenders for the next 5 years.  

Even the most ardent (some would say stupid) Dak homers know I’m right.  But, something tells me they would rather go 10-7 with their guy rather than rip off the band aid so the team can flourish.

44 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

The Eagles have really good timing, unfortunately.  Hurts rookie contract expires the same year the NFL salary cap is set to explode.  So, they could easily sign him/franchise him etc.  Our problem, of course, is that Dak’s contract also expires at the same time and he will also be looking for another huge payday.  And, we can’t even franchise him.  I’m just saying that the Dak era in Dallas needs to end.  You guys want to see the cowboys become serious contenders?  Super easy…

Bench Dak.  Cut Zeke and smith(post June 1).  Re-sign nobody unless it’s a very favorable team deal.  Now, here’s the important part… we need to start Malik Davis at QB.  Essentially, we need to run the exact same offense that SF ran against philly in the second half after purdy came back in.

We draft Caleb Williams in 2024 draft.  We will have about $150M in cap space.  We are legit contenders for the next 5 years.  

Even the most ardent (some would say stupid) Dak homers know I’m right.  But, something tells me they would rather go 10-7 with their guy rather than rip off the band aid so the team can flourish.

Either that, or get a bonna fide QB in here:

Rodgers

Brady

Garopolo

Get our defense even more fine tuned and solidify the O line.

This team DID win 12 games 2 years in a row.

There is a lot of talent here. I just watched the Div round game again, the plays to win that game were there.

We just didn't execute. The coaches did their jobs. The players, namely Prescott, did not execute.