The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It was still over 12M per year. Along with Kelce's 14M deal. And theres a ton of signings still yet to come. We dont even have a QB2 on the roster yet, in addition to all the depth signings we will make in rounds 2 and 3 of free agency. As well as the draft class. With 2 1st round picks, potentially.

There is a lot of money somewhere that Howie knows about, and capologist fans can not figure out.

+1

28 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It was still over 12M per year. Along with Kelce's 14M deal. And theres a ton of signings still yet to come. We dont even have a QB2 on the roster yet, in addition to all the depth signings we will make in rounds 2 and 3 of free agency. As well as the draft class. With 2 1st round picks, potentially.

There is a lot of money somewhere that Howie knows about, and capologist fans can not figure out.

After chatting with Jason @OTC, Kelce new deal replaces the existing deal somewhat, and will only add 1.5 to 1.9 million to his current cap hit

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The salary cap is a myth

18 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Exactly. Howie has shown this fan base this like 5x now if not more and they still doubt him. Maybe this time they'll learn? 

Then why do we keep having to sign guys 1 year deals with void years ??  Because we have the appropriate resources tied up in dead cap from having to restructure every year.

Just now, downundermike said:

Then why do we keep having to sign guys 1 year deals with void years ??  Because we have the appropriate resources tied up in dead cap from having to restructure every year.

The same reason my avi is Jalen Hurts majestically riding a blobfish. 

Who knows? But all we know is it works and its god damned glorious

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The same reason my avi is Jalen Hurts majestically riding a blobfish. 

Who knows? But all we know is it works and its god damned glorious

It worked in 2017, with a solid foundation, and then it fell apart and the foundation had to be rebuilt.

Bradberry could be this years Alshon, we already jumped the gun and made Quinn 2018’s Golden Tate.

I will wait to see the results, but nothing has been done .

We were on pace to lose 8 of the 9 defensive snap leaders.  We have re signed a 30 year old corner, and lost 3 of those guys.

Edited by downundermike

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

It worked in 2017, with a solid foundation, and then it fell apart and the foundation had to be rebuilt.

Bradberry could be this years Alshon, we already jumped the gun and made Quinn 2018’s Golden Tate.

I will wait to see the results, but nothing has been done .

We were on pace to lose 8 of the 9 defensive snap leaders.  We have re signed a 30 year old corner, and lost 3 of those guys.

I'm officially changing your name from downundermike to downermike

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I think the Eagles are higher on Gainwell than you think.

Yes, Quinn didn't work out for us, but this was the kind of year Howie makes that kind of trade and you don't question it. A prominent veteran, even if he's old coming off a fantastic season? On a team that made the Super Bowl even without much contribution from him. It was the right move at the time every time.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Yes, Quinn didn't work out for us, but this was the kind of year Howie makes that kind of trade and you don't question it. A prominent veteran, even if he's old coming off a fantastic season? On a team that made the Super Bowl even without much contribution from him. It was the right move at the time every time.

And the intention of that trade was sacks, which we had zero and cost us a title.  And now we don’t have the resource to replace the guys we are losing, and got absolutely nothing for that resource.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And the intention of that trade was sacks, which we had zero and cost us a title.  And now we don’t have the resource to replace the guys we are losing, and got absolutely nothing for that resource.

debbie downer GIF

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I am not down, I am stating facts.  I won’t be down until the Eagles play their last game of the season.

If my facts are bringing you down, that is a you problem, not a me problem.

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live