The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

29 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Because those deals were both set up to be post June 1st cuts.  There was some notes, that I wish I would have saved, but basically said if they were on the roster on a certain date, some large guarantees would have kicked in for future years.  By doing the new deals, those went away and they just added to the dead money.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2023/1/12/23551743/philadelphia-eagles-bye-week-mailbag-2023-free-agents-nfl-james-bradberry-cj-gardner-johnson

I somewhat get what you're saying. It's a lot of info to take in. How was it not tampering that teams were calling BG then? 

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

None of the transactions have happened yet for the Eagles for that dead cap.

If the Eagles do not do new deals with Mariotta and Barnett, then the first day of the league year in 2024 those numbers become dead cap.

The teams that are already showing dead cap for 2024, are because those transactions have been completed with the post June 1 release of players this year.  Transaction is complete.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-potential-roster-cuts-trade-candidates-post-june-2023

Team Cap Space Added Players
Miami Dolphins $13.6 million CB Byron Jones
Cleveland Browns $10.915 million S John Johnson III, ED Jadeveon Clowney
Dallas Cowboys $10.9 million RB Ezekiel Elliott
Washington Commanders $8.37 million C Chase Roullier
Arizona Cardinals $4.215 million DI J.J. Watt, C Rodney Hudson
Denver Broncos $3.75 million K Brandon McManus

Instead of trying to argue with me at every turn on something you clearly do not understand, maybe hang back and you can learn some things.

Who's arguing? I'm legit asking you since you do all this research on dead cap and such. It's a discussion board. I'm discussing. If you're arguing then that's on you. 

People ask questions when they don't know something or not enough about. Which I clearly did

5 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Was it the same for cox too with the contract? Browns tried to get him also

As I am looking into this, I have to have a laugh at you.

You were so adamant that Mike Salk and Jake Heaps ( RW's QB coach ) are not reliable sources.

The guy who was the source for the Cox and Graham Browns rumors is this guy.

https://twitter.com/JaredKMueller

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

As I am looking into this, I have to have a laugh at you.

You were so adamant that Mike Salk and Jake Heaps ( RW's QB coach ) are not reliable sources.

The guy who was the source for the Cox and Graham Browns rumors is this guy.

https://twitter.com/JaredKMueller

I heard BG say this from his mouth. No idea who saalk is. 

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I heard BG say this from his mouth. No idea who saalk is. 

The guy who I have mentioned multiple times the last two days, who has current and former Hawks on his show all the time, as well as Seahawks GM John Schneider ever couple of weeks.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The guy who I have mentioned multiple times the last two days, who has current and former Hawks on his show all the time, as well as Seahawks GM John Schneider ever couple of weeks.

I mean I know he is now that you kept saying it but I didn't know of him prior to that. 

Philly Mike just had Milton Williams on does that mean he's credible now? 

Just looked up Mike Salk.  Says he's a radio guy. Howard eskin spews bs and talks to players but we don't believe everything he says

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

7 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I heard BG say this from his mouth.

I am not finding anything to back this up.  I found the interview Super Bowl week with him talking about what the Browns are getting in Schwartz as a d coordinator, but not seeing anything about Graham saying he wants to play for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-vFbuHnyLg

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I am not finding anything to back this up.  I found the interview Super Bowl week with him talking about what the Browns are getting in Schwartz as a d coordinator, but not seeing anything about Graham saying he wants to play for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-vFbuHnyLg

BG never said he wanted to play for them. They asked him what teams were interested/his agent talked to. He kept it short but he mentioned the browns. It wasn't sb week. Was after he signed back with us. Believe it was his eagles presser or a podcast. I watch way way too much eagles content daily to remember everything. Here's Tim McManus on it tho. Since there needs to be proof

According to Tim McManus, who covers the Philadelphia Eagles for ESPN, veteran defensive lineman Brandon Graham is drawing interest from the Browns. This comes a day after a rumor came out that Graham was also interested in reuniting with Schwartz in Cleveland

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

10 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

BG never said he wanted to play for them. They asked him what teams were interested/his agent talked to. He kept it short but he mentioned the browns. It wasn't sb week. Was after he signed back with us. 

Never saw anything of the sort.

Grahams new deal was announced March 10th, the legal tampering period did not begin until March 13th.

The report with the source of Jared Mueller of Dawgs by Nature came out March 2nd.

There would have been no time where Graham or his agent could have spoken to the Browns.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Never saw anything of the sort.

Grahams new deal was announced March 10th, the legal tampering period did not begin until March 13th.

The report with the source of Jared Mueller of Dawgs by Nature came out March 2nd.

There would have been no time where Graham or his agent could have spoken to the Browns.

There's like a million things on Google, Twitter and more. All I typed was Brandon graham browns and it came right up. Most ripped Tim but that's besides the point

Not really what the point is with this still though. You asked what free agent I liked the most and I said bradberry and a few others. You said they're not free agents cause of contracts in place. My answer was still bradberry first.