The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

17 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Not to mention the guy isn't exactly young at this point, I wouldn't have liked to kick the can down the road in terms of finding a FQB. Lucky for us he declined it. 

No luck involved, not when we are talking about Howie.  He made the offer, then used a Jedi mind trick to make Wilson decline coming to Philly.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, downundermike said:

Who are you to decide who is credible ??

Personal QB coaches don't count in my book. Someone with an agenda to help his guy look better after his worst year ever. 

Am I not allowed to think for myself? If you wanna believe nonsense then go for it no one's stopping you. You're not gonna decide what's credible for me. 

Like I said before agree to disagree

18 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

If that is true then you are the exact opposite. Feeling the need to come out and defend even "low key bashing". When calling a pick lucky is nothing of the sort as we have confirmed what Danger said. 

Maybe maybe not. What's that make you then? See we can play that game round and round

Mike's grown. He doesn't need you to come to his rescue lol.

If you're gonna chime in maybe know your stuff first. 

23 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

1.  Personal QB coaches don't count in my book.

2. Someone with an agenda to help his guy look better after his worst year ever. 

3. Am I not allowed to think for myself?

4.  If you wanna believe nonsense then go for it no one's stopping you.

5.  You're not gonna decide what's credible for me. 

6.  Like I said before agree to disagree

1.  He is not the only one who has said it, so has Mike Salk, who has current and former players on his show all the time, and has the Seahawks and Mariners GM's on every couple of weeks.  Several other NFL insiders with connections have also confirmed this.

2.  How does it help Wilson look better that he turned down a trade to the Eagles or Commanders ??

3.  You are, and you are also allowed to be wrong, as you are in this case.

4.  See #1

5.  A convenient cop out.  I don't like a report, so I will just say that person/people are not credible.

6.  I don't think you know why you are disagreeing with me.  You have such blind homerism, that I don't even think you know what the original discussion that spurred this was about.

You are in such a lather to defend Howie, and in this case there is really nothing bad being said about him.

31 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Maybe maybe not. What's that make you then? See we can play that game round and round

If someone agrees with me, why does it mean they are "coming to my rescue" ??

It is quite clear you have blind homerism and no one is allowed to say anything negative about the Eagles.

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

1.  He is not the only one who has said it, so has Mike Salk, who has current and former players on his show all the time, and has the Seahawks and Mariners GM's on every couple of weeks.  Several other NFL insiders with connections have also confirmed this.

2.  How does it help Wilson look better that he turned down a trade to the Eagles or Commanders ??

3.  You are, and you are also allowed to be wrong, as you are in this case.

4.  See #1

5.  A convenient cop out.  I don't like a report, so I will just say that person/people are not credible.

6.  I don't think you know why you are disagreeing with me.  You have such blind homerism, that I don't even think you know what the original discussion that spurred this was about.

You are in such a lather to defend Howie, and in this case there is really nothing bad being said about him.

If you'd like to believe them go for it. We've already been thru this 6x over. Let it go

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If someone agrees with me, why does it mean they are "coming to my rescue" ??

It is quite clear you have blind homerism and no one is allowed to say anything negative about the Eagles.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I've bashed plenty in the past but you're taking one off season that Howie's been on fire and saying homerism. You picked the wrong off season for that.

Some of us actually like the Eagles And everyone involved. 

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I've bashed plenty in the past but you're taking one off season that Howie's been on fire and saying homerism. You picked the wrong off season for that.

Some of us actually like the Eagles And everyone involved. 

Why can I not talk about the past during this offseason ??  It is still the Eagles, and the purpose of this forum is to discuss the Eagles.

No one is bashing Howie, we were merely discussing the FACT that he tried to acquire Wilson before last season, as he was not sold on Hurts, and looking at how bad the rest of that draft was, the Hurts pick was more luck than skill.

Not sure how you do not see the logic, and why you see it as such an afront to Howie.

And I hate to break it to you, the 2022 Philadelphia Eagles went 13-4 and went to a Super Bowl.  If they do not match that, this offseason is not the resounding success you claim it is.

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Why can I not talk about the past during this offseason ??  It is still the Eagles, and the purpose of this forum is to discuss the Eagles.

No one is bashing Howie, we were merely discussing the FACT that he tried to acquire Wilson before last season, as he was not sold on Hurts, and looking at how bad the rest of that draft was, the Hurts pick was more luck than skill.

Not sure how you do not see the logic, and why you see it as such an afront to Howie.

And I hate to break it to you, the 2022 Philadelphia Eagles went 13-4 and went to a Super Bowl.  If they do not match that, this offseason is not the resounding success you claim it is.

Who said you can't talk about past off seasons? I said you haven't been around long enough to claim homer. I've bashed Howie plenty. You're just picking a bad off season to claim anything like that when Howie's on fire. Nailed free agency, nailed the draft outside of 1 pick imo and there's still time for more moves. 

It all depends on how you look at success. Would I be happy with a SB loss this season .. no. I wouldn't call it a failed season though if we make it close to that again. We have no idea what's gonna happen. Injuries and what not. I'll let you know at the end of the year how I view it. So far it's been A+. No way to really argue that.

This isn't the 6ers. That's failing

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

31 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

1.  You're just picking a bad off season to claim anything like that when Howie's on fire.

2.  Nailed free agency, nailed the draft outside of 1 pick imo and there's still time for more moves. 

3.  So far it's been A+. No way to really argue that

1.  Last offseason was great, we are merely discussing Howie trying to trade for Wilson as he was not sold on Hurts.  I still am not sure why you see this discussion as BASHING Howie.

2.  I would not say he nailed free agency.  He signed some guys who have not lived up to their draft potential, some other guys who have fought injuries their whole career, and all on 1 year deals so the cycle continues.  Yes, the draft looks good on paper, but these guys still have to produce.  You are touting the unknown as a guaranteed success.

3.  There is plenty to argue.  Lets look at just the free agents.  

Rashaad Penny - oft injured RB who has played in 42 of 82 games possible.  While he is talented, your best ability is availability.

Greedy Williams - former 2nd round pick who has not even come close to living up to his draft status, and only played 9.64% of the defensive snaps last year.

Marcus Mariotta - Never lived up to his draft status and was benched for a 3rd round rookie last year.

Justin Evans - Did not play in the NFL in 2019, 2020 and 2021.  Played 34.6% of the defensive snaps for the Saints last year.

Nicholas Morrow - replacement for TJ Edwards who last year had a passer rating against of 101.8 on 44 attempts, vs TJ Edwards who had a passer rating against of 82.1 on 76 attempts.  

Terrell Edmunds - former first round pick who has not even come close to living up to his draft status.  Replacing CJGJ who had a passer rating against of 78.4 on 52 attempts with 6 interceptions.  Edmunds had a 116.2 rating against on 33 attempts with no interceptions.

Kentavius Street - rotational DT with 13 tackles for loss and 6 1/2 sacks over 52 games, may not even make the team.

Dan Arnold - I will let @EaglesPeteC weigh in on this one.

Edited by downundermike

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Dude, I'm replying to the comment you quoted me on, in which you mentioned Mike, not me. What the hell?

What is the stuff I'm supposed to know about to "chime in" that you apparently do? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Dude, I'm replying to the comment you quoted me on, in which you mentioned Mike, not me. What the hell?

What is the stuff I'm supposed to know about to "chime in" that you apparently do? 

If you were lucky like Howie, you’d know.  

• Like 3