The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I can't stand Siles. He just likes to troll the Eagles. His takes are like razor blades to the ears. 

I knew that about you before you even answered lol easy to stereotype the fanbase overall 

6 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I read somewhere yesterday that a Lane Johnson and ?(can't remember the other) restructure would open up some crazy amount of money. 

I'm sure Howie's gonna do like 4 restructures and we'll have a ton of money this year soon enough

In no world can I see Howie punt this next season

Problem with this is that it creates even more deadcap. This year alone we could of paid Mahomes lol 

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

Problem with this is that it creates even more deadcap. This year alone we could of paid Mahomes lol 

Yeah I get that but with the cap going up a crazy amount each year it's not so bad. Especially the years coming up

There was a great story explaining how Howie burrows money from the future but ends up paying Pennies on the dollar in the end. I believe someone here posted it

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yeah I get that but with the cap going up a crazy amount each year it's not so bad. Especially the years coming up

Yes, but we will have franchise QB money on the books going forward. It's not ideal to be paying for two quarterbacks for the price of one lol if hurts was paid top dollar this year, we don't field this team. That's the major difference that's being ignored

Edited by Shalodeep
  • Like 1

Just now, Shalodeep said:

Yes, but we will have franchise QB money on the books going forward. It's not ideal to be paying for two quarterbacks for the price of one lol

Yeah I get that but it is what it is at this moment. He's gonna be forced to do it regardless. 

When you look at it that way it's rough

If you look at it the other way he'll just keep pushing that money further and further. It's a never ending thing. We all benefit as fans 

5 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

There was a great story explaining how Howie burrows money from the future but ends up paying Pennies on the dollar in the end. I believe someone here posted it

Let me ask you this. Chiefs situation or Eagles? 

Yeah I get that but it is what it is at this moment. He's gonna be forced to do it regardless. 

When you look at it that way it's rough

If you look at it the other way he'll just keep pushing that money further and further. It's a never ending thing. We all benefit as fans 

It's not rough, it's reality. We have robbed the future to pay for the present like a credit card. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Well that's a 1 sided question tbh. Ofc I rather have multiple SBs

But I'm an Eagle fan till I die so the Homer in me will always pick the Eagles. Rather go down with the ship lol

Id rather have the #1 qb, 11 picks and the LEAST amount of dead cap in the league after winning the Superbowl. That's how it's really done. We went all in and failed and now we will be paying interest for probably the next five years on this team alone when he restructures everything to pay a QB with a high risk of diminishing returns 

• Like 1

And he's gonna keep doing it till he's no longer the GM. Sooner we accept that the better. It'll be the next gms problem in the end

Without the dead cap, you don't 22 players and you can be a competitive every year instead of cycling 

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

Id rather have the #1 qb, 11 picks and the LEAST amount of dead cap in the league after winning the Superbowl. That's how it's really done. We went all in and failed and now we will be paying interest for probably the next five years on this team alone when he restructures everything to pay a QB with a high risk of diminishing returns 

If there's anyone that can handle it it's Howie