The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I don't want either, but, why not take the younger player, who has a ton of upside.

Because the comp for Henry would be nowhere near #10 overall.  Drafting a RB in the 1st is dumb dumb dumb.  No matter who it is.  Who cares about upside for a position that has very little shelf life?  I know Henry won’t happen either, but I’d much rather spend a future 3rd on him for 2 years than drafting a RB in the 1st.  

2 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Because the comp for Henry would be nowhere near #10 overall.  Drafting a RB in the 1st is dumb dumb dumb.  No matter who it is.  Who cares about upside for a position that has very little shelf life?  I know Henry won’t happen either, but I’d much rather spend a future 3rd on him for 2 years than drafting a RB in the 1st.  

As I said, don't want either, but you take the younger guy in that scenario.

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

😂

Plus liking your other accounts talking about trading hurts. Back to back to back gross posts about trading Hurts and drafting QBs plus some Will Levis 🤢

Someone had posted what Hurts trade value would be.

I said the Texans four 1st round picks the next two years.  Then said in that scenario I would draft Will Levis.

I hate to break it to you, but Levis and 5 first round picks the next two years is better value than Hurts at 50 million per year and 3 first round picks the next two years.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

It's literally not his other accounts. Webby has checked. I know they're new people and perhaps a bit different than you're used to, but we ought to be glad we have some more folks in here. I think you'd be just fine with some of their takes if it was say... Ian or someone else you're familiar with. 

I already know this. I was joking. I come here for good eagles talk not Twitter and Reddit trash. 

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Someone had posted what Hurts trade value would be.

I said the Texans four 1st round picks the next two years.  Then said in that scenario I would draft Will Levis.

I hate to break it to you, but Levis and 5 first round picks the next two years is better value than Hurts at 50 million per year and 3 first round picks the next two years.

No one giving up all that plus Levis is gonna stink. Take that stuff to Twitter and Reddit

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

From his thank you highlight to Philly with sad music on IG…

Here is the same video on Twitter:

I guess we just aren’t gonna sign any of our big name free agents… I went from thinking Hargrave maybe last offseason to then CJ as this season wore on. Who knows if even TJ will be back. 

The good thing this offseason is that we are finally set to get some comp picks and significant ones like at least 4th rounders. It kinda sucks that there is a cap of 4 compensatory picks, cause we are gonna lose a lot more than that to significant deals.

Our team is gonna look mad different this year. Makes me mad we didn’t finish the job.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I am not allowed to have an opinion ??

IMO, Levis will be the best QB from this class.

Have all the opinions you want but when they're ridiculous like every Texans pick and trading Hurts it's just.... 🤢

If he's gonna be the best then this class is gonna be cheeks. 

Any fan saying to trade hurts should be shipped off to another fan base imo. Can't believe we're even talking about this trash.

Maybe we don't deserve elite things

Also to add to this you trade hurts you piss off our roster including AJ Brown. Guess let's ship him out too!? 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Have all the opinions you want but when they're ridiculous like every Texans pick and trading Hurts it's just.... 🤢

If he's gonna be the best then this class is gonna be cheeks. 

Any fan saying to trade hurts should be shipped off to another fan base imo. Can't believe we're even talking about this trash.

Maybe we don't deserve elite things

Absolutely no one said we should trade Hurts.

Someone asked the question about his trade value, which we discussed, and I gave an opinion.

I thought this was a discussion board, so wouldn't the point of it be to have discussions ??

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Let's not have everyone get in a tizzy until we really see what happens. Sky ain't falling.

Definitely not gonna get in a tizzy, the writing was on the wall for a while, we are going to lose Hargrave, CJGJ and Bradberry.  Not much can be done about it, draft well and move on.

Just now, downundermike said:

Absolutely no one said we should trade Hurts.

Someone asked the question about his trade value, which we discussed, and I gave an opinion.

I thought this was a discussion board, so wouldn't the point of it be to have discussions ??

Yes realistic discussions. We can just make a new thread for Fantasy ideas/Madden trades