Is Mayfield a first rounder???

Iamcanadian

6 hours ago, bruceb said:

Not sure how much credence to give to Walter, but if this is accurate then Darnold, whoever is advising him or both are idiots.

He is going to be the #1 or at worst 3 pick.

It doesn't get much better than that.

What does he have to gain by returning to school for another year?

To tell you the truth, if he decides to return to school, I would not want him as my team's QB. It is an idiotic move that only somebody who does not love a challenge would do???

To be a great NFL QB, you have to relish playing football above anything else, except maybe your family. You have to have it burning in your gut, to be the best that you can be and want to take on the challenge of playing in the NFL.

There can be no football reason for returning to school, only a selfish motive, like not wanting to grow up, these types never succeed to greatness and I will be shocked if Darnold takes that route. Pro GM's will loose all respect for the guy and it will raise a huge question mark in their thinking about him as a prospect, and it will definitely drop him quite a bit in next year's draft.

I can understand the Elway move and the Eli move, but returning to school is just plain stupid.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Just the obvious. Big man on campus, still considered a kid by most and is very good as a college QB.

Money says go pro. Injuries, down year etc... could hurt him financially.

Much less stress staying another year and probably a good bit more fun. If I could have one year of being a "kid" as opposed to going to my job every day I would jump at the chance. Hmmm considering getting a divorce and moving back in with my parents for a year just to prove my point.

This has been my nightmare scenario all year, if it's true.

If he stays, I'm absolutely sure it's not because he wants to keep being the big man on campus. It's because he doesn't want to pay for the Cleveland Browns and even money can't change that.

This is what we get for being 1-27 and the single worst team in modern football history.

If it's the Giants picking #1, he 100% declares. The ironic thing being we actually have a better situation than the Giants. But nobody outside of us sees that. They just see the ultimate career ender.

3 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

To tell you the truth, if he decides to return to school, I would not want him as my team's QB. It is an idiotic move that only somebody who does not love a challenge would do???

To be a great NFL QB, you have to relish playing football above anything else, except maybe your family. You have to have it burning in your gut, to be the best that you can be and want to take on the challenge of playing in the NFL.

There can be no football reason for returning to school, only a selfish motive, like not wanting to grow up, these types never succeed to greatness and I will be shocked if Darnold takes that route. Pro GM's will loose all respect for the guy and it will raise a huge question mark in their thinking about him as a prospect, and it will definitely drop him quite a bit in next year's draft.

I can understand the Elway move and the Eli move, but returning to school is just plain stupid.

Like Peyton did?

Or Eli?

Or Luck?

Yeah, definitely a bunch of idiots I wouldn't want my team to draft.

3 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Perhaps he was advised there are some things he needs to work on in his game, and he can do that with another year of college ball.  He's going to get a full year of reps to improve on his weaknesses, and another full year of experience heading into the NFL.  I would not see it as a negative.  I would see it as someone who recognizes he isn't ready and wants to work on getting better so he will be better prepared.  I do a lot of baseball and softball officiating.  You only get better by working games, and to me it would be like taking a first year official, and having them do varsity high school.  They can get out on the field, but there is no way they are ready for it.  Perhaps Darnold feels a need to work on his game some more in order to improve.  Obviously there are a number of reasons he might stay.  I'm just saying that could be one of them, and I wouldn't hold that against the kid.

Archived