Is Mayfield a first rounder???

Iamcanadian

9 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yeah, I'm sure I'll develop favorites as the process proceeds, but right now I wouldn't be PO'ed about any of Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold. And I even like Jackson in the 1st too (though likely not at #1). Compared to last year, I looooove this class. I didn't like ANY of last year's QBs in the 1st. I'd take four guys this year in the 1st.

Same. So long as we take any of those guys at 1 (even Jackson) I'm good. 

However, I will riot if we try to get crafty and draft Josh Allen, Faulk, or whoever with a traded down pick or don't take one at all. 

Just now, bruceb said:

The order isn't alphabetical so is this your order of preference?

Who came first to mind. Although, if I had a gun to my head, it would probably  be in that order right now, yeah. I think Darnold/Mayfield is going to be a major debate in my head this offseason. Rosen I mainly put #3 because he would not fit Hue's offense at all IMO. If we bring in a more horizontal/west coast offense, then it would be a 1a,b,c situation.

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Same. So long as we take any of those guys at 1 (even Jackson) I'm good. 

However, I will riot if we try to get crafty and draft Josh Allen, Faulk, or whoever with a traded down pick or don't take one at all. 

I'd post the Team America puking gif again, but it makes me sick sometimes just looking at it and I don't want to punish people.

Yeah, I think Allen is a total hype fraud. I wouldn't touch him in the first three rounds. I don't see what separates him from Fraud B, Mason Rudolph.

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'd post the Team America puking gif again, but it makes me sick sometimes just looking at it and I don't want to punish people.

Yeah, I think Allen is a total hype fraud. I wouldn't touch him in the first three rounds. I don't see what separates him from Fraud B, Mason Rudolph.

I saw a mock in which Rudolph went to PIT.

Maybe he will be their Kizer?

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yeah, I'm sure I'll develop favorites as the process proceeds, but right now I wouldn't be PO'ed about any of Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold. And I even like Jackson in the 1st too (though likely not at #1). Compared to last year, I looooove this class. I didn't like ANY of last year's QBs in the 1st. I'd take four guys this year in the 1st.

I really feel like this is our perfect storm year for finally getting our QB!  I like all three too but Darnold as of right now is my clear number one. I think he’s got it all. 

15 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I really feel like this is our perfect storm year for finally getting our QB!  I like all three too but Darnold as of right now is my clear number one. I think he’s got it all. 

Agree.

Let's hope he declares, and that we do not screw up by not taking him.

I really want Darnold he has all the qualities I like in Kessler. He is a baller, he is accurate. But he has the body of fullback/linebacker and he is a play maker. He seems to see the field well. 

He has Blake bortles throwing motion without his poor mechanics from the feet up. 

5 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

There was a tweet earlier this evening saying it is looking more and more likely that Darnold will return to USC. 

Also team sources currently at the National Football Scouting meetings in Indianapolis are saying that it is continuing to sound like Sam Darnold will return to #USC next year. This has been rumored for months 
walterfootball.com/NFLHotPress

18 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

Also team sources currently at the National Football Scouting meetings in Indianapolis are saying that it is continuing to sound like Sam Darnold will return to #USC next year. This has been rumored for months 
walterfootball.com/NFLHotPress

Not sure how much credence to give to Walter, but if this is accurate then Darnold, whoever is advising him or both are idiots.

He is going to be the #1 or at worst 3 pick.

It doesn't get much better than that.

What does he have to gain by returning to school for another year?

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

What does he have to gain by returning to school for another year?

Just the obvious. Big man on campus, still considered a kid by most and is very good as a college QB.

Money says go pro. Injuries, down year etc... could hurt him financially.

Much less stress staying another year and probably a good bit more fun. If I could have one year of being a "kid" as opposed to going to my job every day I would jump at the chance. Hmmm considering getting a divorce and moving back in with my parents for a year just to prove my point.

Archived