John Fox is still employed

G08

Just now, G08 said:

Windy I think you are being a bit blinded by your hate/anger.

George McCaskey has already fired Angelo, Lovie, Emery, and Trestman. Now Fox.

He's not going to be in some rush to fire Ryan Pace after not even one year ago he reminded us that Pace told him to be patient and that this was going to take time.

He won't rush to fire him, but he is also not going to needlessly extend him after 36 loses.

The Bears coaching search will not be impacted by Pace having 2 years on his contract. Every coach knows that he is on somewhat thin ice, the record shows that, and my guess is most won't care because 2 years is all they are going to expect to start winning.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The coach is going to get a 4-5 year deal.

The GM and coach are rarely on the same contract lengths.

You are so wrong on this.  I will remember this come 5 weeks from now and say I told you so.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Rams

Les Snead-Contract Expires in 2018

McVay-Contract Expires in 2021

Almost the identical situation to the Bears, Snead was not given an extension to match his coach.

Snead has also been the GM of that franchise since 2012 and they've already extended him once.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

You are so wrong on this.  I will remember this come 5 weeks from now and say I told you so.

It may happen.

The Jags gave Caldwell and extension to match Marrone.

It would be stupid and a PR disaster, but they may feel that it is important to match the contracts, but I do not think it is a given.

Just now, WindyCity said:

Can we please admit that while Pace may get an extension he does not deserve one.

*inhales deeply*

Eddie Goldman

Adrian Amos

Leonard Floyd

Cody Whitehair

Jonathan Bullard (work in progress)

Jordan Howard

Mitch Trubisky

Adam Shaheen (work in progress)

Eddie Jackson

Tarik Cohen

That's 10 players in 3 drafts, Windy. Add the stud FA signing that is Akiem Hicks and you're looking at a ton of hits in rebuilding an old, decrepit roster.

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

*inhales deeply*

Eddie Goldman [Good]

Adrian Amos [Okay]

Leonard Floyd [Good, maybe more]

Cody Whitehair [Good, maybe more]

Jonathan Bullard (work in progress) [Done very little]

Jordan Howard [Stud]

Mitch Trubisky [No Idea because you kept a **** coach around]

Adam Shaheen (work in progress) [No idea, because **** coach won't play him]

Eddie Jackson [Good]

Tarik Cohen [Good, but you won't use him]

That's 10 players in 3 drafts, Windy. Add the stud FA signing that is Akiem Hicks and you're looking at a ton of hits in rebuilding an old, decrepit roster.

*Inhales very deeply*

Kevin White

Hroniss Grasu

Pernell McPhee

Eddie Royal

Antrell Rolle

Mike Glennon

Marcus Cooper

Markus Wheaton

Dion Sims

John Fox

9 minutes ago, G08 said:

*inhales deeply*

Eddie Goldman

Adrian Amos

Leonard Floyd

Cody Whitehair

Jonathan Bullard (work in progress)

Jordan Howard

Mitch Trubisky

Adam Shaheen (work in progress)

Eddie Jackson

Tarik Cohen

There is 1 Pro Bowl on that list.

I like those players, but not many of them outside of Howard and Goldman have proven to be impact players.

We need to stop over rating the young talent, just because we haven't seen any in a long time. I like what he is doing in the draft, but most of it is based on what we think these guys will be or what they have shown in limited time.

Pace does not deserve to be fired, he seems to be hitting his stride in the draft, but in no way does he deserve for the Bears to rush to extend him.

This is a huge offseason for Pace. He needs to add some "impact" players in free agency and the draft, the Bears have enough "solid" talent and it is clearly not enough to win.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I don't care about the FA misses as much because it only impacts our cap. I'm more concerned about whiffing on draft picks.

So am I.

But those misses are reasons that the talent level on this team is still not good. That is over 70 million in tossed guaranteed money that could have been used to improve the roster.

Drop 3-4 starting calibre players on to this team and would expect we see a big difference.

Archived