GM Draft Only Mock- Discussion Thread: Start Trading!!!!!! Draft Starts Monday 4/3

EaglesPeteC

My 5 Least Favorite Picks in the 1st Round

5. Will McDonald Jaguars

Not a bad pick by any means. I struggled to find a 5th picks I didn't like. I don't love McDonald especially over a handful of the EDGES that went or are still to go after him.

4. Joey Porter Jr Texans

I don't get Porter over Witherspoon, like even a little bit. Porter is closer to CB 5 than CB 2 for me.

3. Michael Mayer Patriots

I think the Patriots had bigger fish to fry for team needs and seeing how the rest of this deep TE class has dropped, they could have filled this need with maybe an even better player in Round 2. Mayer isn't even TE 1 in this class IMO.

2. Emmanuel Forbes Cowboys

As an Eagles fan, I absolutely love this pick lol. I am picturing 166 pound Forbes getting absolutely destroyed by AJ Brown and I got a bit of a chub. Not gonna lie. Forbes is like CB 8 or 9 for me in this class. Don't get this pick at all.....

1. Will Anderson Texans

Sorry Texans, I hate to bury you but I get Anderson is a great prospect, but the overall draft philosophy of not taking the QB and then saying you don't plan to pick this high and the saying "meh, we'll pick one next year" None of that makes sense to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

My 5 Least Favorite Picks in the 1st Round

5. Will McDonald Jaguars

Not a bad pick by any means. I struggled to find a 5th picks I didn't like. I don't love McDonald especially over a handful of the EDGES that went or are still to go after him.

4. Joey Porter Jr Texans

I don't get Porter over Witherspoon, like even a little bit. Porter is closer to CB 5 than CB 2 for me.

3. Michael Mayer Patriots

I think the Patriots had bigger fish to fry for team needs and seeing how the rest of this deep TE class has dropped, they could have filled this need with maybe an even better player in Round 2. Mayer isn't even TE 1 in this class IMO.

2. Emmanuel Forbes Cowboys

As an Eagles fan, I absolutely love this pick lol. I am picturing 166 pound Forbes getting absolutely destroyed by AJ Brown and I got a bit of a chub. Not gonna lie. Forbes is like CB 8 or 9 for me in this class. Don't get this pick at all.....

1. Will Anderson Texans

Sorry Texans, I hate to bury you but I get Anderson is a great prospect, but the overall draft philosophy of not taking the QB and then saying you don't plan to pick this high and the saying "meh, we'll pick one next year" None of that makes sense to me.

Top 30 Nil Nothing Nada GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

1. Will Anderson Texans

I was just having this discussion with someone else.

Texans are the only team with two 1st round picks next year, their pick will probably be top 10, and with how good the AFC North is, the Browns pick could also be top 10. 

I think it is the right move to build the team with the capital this year, and go get Caleb Williams next year.

Just now, downundermike said:

Texans are the only team with two 1st round picks next year, their pick will probably be top 10, and with how good the AFC North is, the Browns pick could also be top 10. 

I think it is the right move to build the team with the capital this year, and go get Caleb Williams next year.

Wait a minute.  you run Browns?  Did you happen to trade 5.4 to Texans by any chance?

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

There are way more scenarios where that goes horribly wrong for the Texans than it goes right for them. 

• Like 2