R&P's Mock draft 2.0 - Updated offseason

New Mock draft with trades and additional signings: 

Additional Signings: 

- DE/DT Will Gholston : 1 year deal (added depth to the roster)

- T Carmeron Flemming 1 year deal (added depth to the OL) 

- CB/S Logan Ryan 1 year deal 

- ILB Deion Jones 1 year deal (flyer)

Contract extensions: 

- WR Mike Evans: 3 year deal 

- Tristian Wirfs : 4 year extension 

- Antonione Winfield: 4 year extension 

Trades: 

- LB Devin White to Pittsburgh for their 2nd round round pick in 2023; 2024 4th round pick .

Draft: Trade Down

Bucs move down with the Chiefs to acquire a 2nd and 4th round pick and 6th from Cheifs  

Why the Trade? KC is loaded with Draft Picks and may move up to get a receiver or LT. 

Now armed with additional picks in Round 2 (3) and a 4th, the Cap strapped Bucs are able to do Business the way they wanted to fill some holes. 

1st round: Anton Harrison LT Oklahoma : He possesses the athleticism needed to be a quality LT and fill the role immediately. I'm thinking Wirfs to LT is not going to be explored. 

2nd Round Pick via Pittsburgh:  Hendon Hooker QB Tennessee : I believe the Bucs are targeting a QB in this draft and I think they like Hooker despite the injury. A lot more teams are enamored with Hooker's IQ, arm and accuracy. This would be a good fit for him to learn. 

2nd Round Pick : Sam DeLaporta TE Iowa: Bucs will target a TE, not sure how early but need atleast two to come in and play. He will come in and be part of a dual TE system for our starting QB. 

2nd Round pick via KC: Sydney Brown S Illionois : Bucs need a playmaker back there in the secondary. I see us taking 2 safeties in this draft.

3rd Round: Julius Brents CB Kansas State: Seems to be a guy thats on our radar to come in and compete for the nickel spot. 6'3 and TO machine whos very physical - I think he fits our scheme. 

4th Round: Nesta Jade Silvera DT/DE Arizona State: Adds depth to our DLINE 

5th Round: Gerravious Owens S Houston: Adding depth to the Secondary 

5th round pick via comp. : Dylan Horton Edge TCU : Nice blend of size and speed that can be a depth piece 

6th round: Tiyon Evans RB Louisville: Adding depth to the RB room - Evans YPC is insane with limited mileage. I have him on my steal watch list 

7th Round : Marvin Mims WR Oklahoma: Speed and depth to try and round out the roster. 

7th round via comp: Keandre Koburn NT Texas: Depth behind Vita Vea is much needed 

You gotta give up in trading Devin R&P 🤣 Bowles loves him

I still gotta watch Anton Harrison, but I like the position 

Hooker id be ok with but I don't think they'd take a QB that high tbh. I feel like Hooker could have a Malik Willis type drop if he makes it out of the 1st.

I like LaPorta, Sydney Brown, and Brents alot

Other than that, looks good, but I don't think Mims falls to the 7th

14 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

You gotta give up in trading Devin R&P 🤣 Bowles loves him

I still gotta watch Anton Harrison, but I like the position 

Hooker id be ok with but I don't think they'd take a QB that high tbh. I feel like Hooker could have a Malik Willis type drop if he makes it out of the 1st.

I like LaPorta, Sydney Brown, and Brents alot

Other than that, looks good, but I don't think Mims falls to the 7th

Mims was a filler - i haven't watched him but i ran out of room on the 7th. 

Harrison's athleticism and technique can slide him into round 1 - I honestly think he can be the pick at 19 too.  

Idk about white just yet. I feel like it's smarter to dump him now instead of waiting to see. I'm not giving him 20mm a year ever even if he puts together a good year.  Plus that weird tweet he posted ....little cryptic. 

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Heres a question for you all. If Levis is there at 19 - and Baltimore is basically done with Lamar - do we sell them the 19th pick

If Levis were there I'd sell the pick to whoever wanted to come up and get him

But I'm not sure what the Bucs FO would do there

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

If Levis were there I'd sell the pick to whoever wanted to come up and get him

But I'm not sure what the Bucs FO would do there

Baker to me was a fall back option to what they could afford. They're doing their homework on the top 5 QBs in this class - as a just in case scenario. 

I think after Vegas signing jimmy G - they'll probably pass on a QB. Tennessee to me is a dark horse to take Levis or Richardson (whomever the Colts dont take). 

Dont see White being traded because Bowles loves him. PR has already came out and said Bucs will let him play out his contract year.

Secondly, great FRP and I like Hooker in the second. Would be disappointed with the rest of it though. Brents is too big to play NCB, unless we feel Davis can do it then I’m not sure he is a good fit here. Will make one hell of a outside CB though. I’m high on Otton as a starter and would like to see OLB depth over TE depth. Shaq is getting up there and we have nothing substantial after JTS who still has a lot to prove.

On 4/5/2023 at 12:59 PM, indifference said:

Dont see White being traded because Bowles loves him. PR has already came out and said Bucs will let him play out his contract year.

Secondly, great FRP and I like Hooker in the second. Would be disappointed with the rest of it though. Brents is too big to play NCB, unless we feel Davis can do it then I’m not sure he is a good fit here. Will make one hell of a outside CB though. I’m high on Otton as a starter and would like to see OLB depth over TE depth. Shaq is getting up there and we have nothing substantial after JTS who still has a lot to prove.

Agree. I'm going to work on a mock with no trades honestly. The more I'm reading - the more i feel like Harrison could be a top 20 pick. Probably wont be there for us at 31 if we move down. 

Mock now with no devin white or trade down with the Chiefs in round 1: Signing Ryan Neal was a sneaky underrated move: 

1st : Anton Harrison LT Oklahoma: Love this possibility more and more. He could go to the Steelers at 17. 

2nd : Swap 50 and 61 picks: with KC - KC adds in their 4th and 6th round picks to move up 11 spots. 

- Felix Anudike-Uzomah EDGE Kansas State: He may or may not be here. Grade is mid second to mid 3rd on him pending on his fit. Uzomah is a 3-4 edge rusher that fits Bowles defense well. 

3rd round: Sydney Brown S Illinois: I still think we will be there for us in round 3 where we select which will be a great value/bargain long term. Brown can play inside the slot and give us that 3rd safety Bowles loves. 

4th round via KC: Keanu Benton DT Wisconsin : continue to add depth along the DL. I assume we will resign Gholston for one more year. 

5th round: Jaden Crumedy DT Mississippi State: Going into the draft - we have Vea, Gains, and Hall as our only DT's. Despite thinking we will add Gholston back to the mix - Depth is needed as Vea has been known to get dinged up .

5th Round Comp: Roschon Johnson RB Texas: I thought Johnson was pretty good when coming in for Robinson. He can carve out a role in the NFL as a #2 back with minimal mileage. 

6th round: Jakorian Bennett, CB, Maryland : Depth to the Corner position is needed. Will compete for a roster spot.

7th Round: Payne Durham TE Purdue: Depth behind Keift and Otton is needed. 

7th round via comp: Mitchel Tinsely WR Penn State: Didn't blow away many at the combine but he played well for Penn state last year showing ability to get open transferring from W. Kentucky to Big 10 defenses along with very good hands. I can see him being a solid slot guy. 

54 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Mock now with no devin white or trade down with the Chiefs in round 1: Signing Ryan Neal was a sneaky underrated move: 

1st : Anton Harrison LT Oklahoma: Love this possibility more and more. He could go to the Steelers at 17. 

2nd : Swap 50 and 61 picks: with KC - KC adds in their 4th and 6th round picks to move up 11 spots. 

- Felix Anudike-Uzomah EDGE Kansas State: He may or may not be here. Grade is mid second to mid 3rd on him pending on his fit. Uzomah is a 3-4 edge rusher that fits Bowles defense well. 

3rd round: Sydney Brown S Illinois: I still think we will be there for us in round 3 where we select which will be a great value/bargain long term. Brown can play inside the slot and give us that 3rd safety Bowles loves. 

4th round via KC: Keanu Benton DT Wisconsin : continue to add depth along the DL. I assume we will resign Gholston for one more year. 

5th round: Jaden Crumedy DT Mississippi State: Going into the draft - we have Vea, Gains, and Hall as our only DT's. Despite thinking we will add Gholston back to the mix - Depth is needed as Vea has been known to get dinged up .

5th Round Comp: Roschon Johnson RB Texas: I thought Johnson was pretty good when coming in for Robinson. He can carve out a role in the NFL as a #2 back with minimal mileage. 

6th round: Jakorian Bennett, CB, Maryland : Depth to the Corner position is needed. Will compete for a roster spot.

7th Round: Payne Durham TE Purdue: Depth behind Keift and Otton is needed. 

7th round via comp: Mitchel Tinsely WR Penn State: Didn't blow away many at the combine but he played well for Penn state last year showing ability to get open transferring from W. Kentucky to Big 10 defenses along with very good hands. I can see him being a solid slot guy. 

Would love something like this

Harrison, Uzomah, Brown, Benton, Roschon, Durham are all guys I like alot

I don't think we make a Devin White Trade as much as I'd prefer the Bucs to do so right now. He will be a camp hold out - however, his selling price is low. The only team who can get him will be a team like Buffalo or NE who can deal Day 2 picks for him. The giants are another sleeper. 

Mock Scenarios (staying at 19 without Devin White Trade) and the Bucs decide Wirfs is a LT and Goedeke moves to RT: 

1st: Hendon Hooker QB Tennessee - Bucs seem to like him. If he's there, and they think they have LT and RT sorted out on the roster already, he can be the pick, 

2nd: Flex A. Uzamoah - I like this pick as well. Edge rusher that is fantastic depth to our front 7 

3rd: Sydney Brown S - Love this pick as well. Adds depth to the secondary 

5th: Isreal Abanikanda RB Pit: Adds depth to the RB room 

5th: Jakkorian Bennett CB Maryland: Depth to the CB room 

6th: Jalen Redmond DT Oklahoma

7th: Ryan Hayyes T/G Michigan 

7th: Cam Jones ILB Indiana