DLL Bears Big Board

dll2000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I am not going to be overly shocked if it is CB again this time around.

Bears twitter is going to be.

I could live with CB. There are 3 guys that are top 15 players there for me so I'd prefer a trade back to do it, but that's pretty much a constant for me too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I could live with CB. There are 3 guys that are top 15 players there for me so I'd prefer a trade back to do it, but that's pretty much a constant for me too. 

I wouldn’t hate a CB either because we need one, it’s a premium position and I think Porter Jr. or Witherspoon would be great adds to our defense. BUT, I really don’t want to be bombarded with Windy’s “Pray For Justin” meme again for 3 more months either. Also, in terms of talent I think PJJ, Jones and Skoronski all grade out similarly or better as prospects and the need there is not only greater, but more important too. 

• Like 2

Watching Broderick Jones.

Really good feet.  A lot of upside with him.  Feet is always number 1 thing with me with OTs.   Needs to work on his hands.  He isn't powerful with his punch.

I like Paris better than him right now, but B. Jones may end up better football player in long run.

It is amazing.  Watching GA offense to watch Jones and Brock Bower is noticeable.   That guy is good.  I would happily take him at 9 in this years draft.

• 3 weeks later...

Revised Bears Big Board  - much closer to draft 4-21.   Placed here so people can make fun of me in 3 years.  

1)   Will Anderson.  Highest floor in draft at a premium position.  No way he is there for us at 9, but he is my number 1.   I don't think he is elite talent however.  Just a solid all around football player.   Does have some bust potential still.   Not in same class athletically as elite rushers of league.  

2) Paris Johnson is now my number one OT only because he has left tackle capability.   Darnell Wright is my number 1 RT and Dawand Jones is my number 2 RT because they maul people - and that is a useful skill.

3) Broderick Jones - see above.   He has higher ceiling than Paris I think, but lower floor.  Has feet to play LT which makes him valuable.  But neither Paris nor Jones is a sure thing.

4) Jalen Carter - I put him lower this time because of laziness which I am having a hard time getting past.   If laziness on tape and pro day can be properly explained to my satisfaction he goes to 1 on list.    I don't care about the speeding.  I can't put a lazy guy at number 1 even though he has amazing talent.   If Bears take him, I will just hope the gamble pays off.   He is best DT to come out since Quinnen Williams and he IMO is even more talented than he.

5) Darnell Wright - This guy is a stud.  Only reason he is at 5 for me is he is a one year wonder and doesn't have LT versatility.  He can maul.  Most have him lower, but I wouldn't be upset if we just went ahead and took him at 9 to be safe.    

6) C. Gonzalez - stud corner with stud athletes all over his family.  Good blood lines.   Plays a premium position.  His floor is high.  His ceiling is high.  I think his bust potential is very low.   His stud potential is very high long term.   This seems to me to be a very safe pick worthy of top 10.   

7) Tyree Wilson - I started having second thoughts about Tyree because 1) he is one year wonder.  2) I didn't know he was older - he is a 5th year senior. 3) he has a bad foot and that worries me.    But he is still a good looking prospect - just one with a lot more bust potential.

8 ) JSN.  I know he didn't do anything in 2022.   But in 2021 he dominated amongst other studs.  That is hard to ignore.

9) D. Witherspoon.  Aggressive stud.   Another 1 year wonder and a smallish frame.  He has bust potential, but his ceiling is high.   He plays bigger than he is.  

10) Will McDonald - If Will had a thicker frame he would be my number 1 based on tape alone.  It's like evaluating Bryce Young.  How small is too small at next level?   His tape is crazy good, but difficult to evaluate because ISU played him inside a lot in their unconventional defense.  He still dominated Senior bowl practice against some studs.   He reminds me of Mathison and Freeney at Indy.    If he succeeds he will be outlier with his frame.  You can't go chasing Unicorns too high in draft.   But I would love to see him in a Bears uniform.  Gamble pick with low floor and high ceiling.  

11) Joey Porter Jr.  Great Blood lines.  Floor is really high.   Low bust potential taking this guy.

12) Deonte Banks -  Stud athlete.  High floor.   Blazing fast make up speed.

13) Anton Harrison - Good, not great player.   Some bust potential.  Only this high because decent OTs are so hard to find.

14) Dawand Jones - Dominant player at times.   Crazy ceiling.  He is only this low for me because it so hard for giants to stay healthy at weight he plays at.   This guy is likely to spend a lot of time injured at his size and I don't see him radically changing his diet.

15) Adetomiwa Adebawore - A lot of bust risk as he is another guy small for his position.  Another Unicorn.   A really high ceiling though due to crazy athleticism and my 2nd favorite 3 tech after Jalen Carter.  If he played every game like he played against OSU he probably goes in top 10.  Shows his upside.  

16) Lukas Van Ness - Crazy upside.  If he stayed in school maybe he is my number 1 next year.   He has no pass rush moves.  He is just hulk smash.  You can't just run through pro OTs every time.   Maybe if he was going against Braxton Jones every week he would he be going to hall of fame (unless Braxton improves his anchor).   

17)  Brian Breese - Another guy with crazy upside.  He had a rough college career with tragedy and injury.   But he has stud potential.  May end up better pro than college player.  May be just a guy.  I think he kicks around league for awhile at least.  

18) Steve Avila - Monster human who can play C or G.   Will be an 8 year pro.  

Note:   I didn't pick Skoronski here because G is low on need list and he would be an outlier at OT with his arm length and I don't know that he can play C.  I think he can be a good OG in league and would love if he fell to lower in draft to us for some reason.  

19) Joe Tippman - Great athlete with high ceiling at C.   May not be great in year 1.

20) John Michael Schmitz - Better than Tippman right now, but lower ceiling

21) TULI TUIPULOTU.  I like him as edge and not as a 3 tech (except on passing downs).  His bend isn't great.  But he is a powerful good athlete.  He does everything good, but nothing great.    High floor player.  I would take him lower, but I think he starts for Bears from day 1.   

Note not evaluated due to time constraints:  1) Nolan Smith, 2) Myles Murphy 3) Brian Branch 4) DL from Pitt, forgetting his name at moment.  

• Like 1