DLL Bears Big Board

dll2000

Note this is a work in progress and just for fun.  I have only have time to look at a very limited number of guys and no one truly in depth due to lack of time.  So these are just guys I have watched more in depth than others that I would like to see wearing a Bears uniform.

It is a big disadvantage not having medicals or interviews when evaluating people.

I may also edit it from time to time.    Note:  I am not including QBs and I have not looked at CBs yet.  

1)   Jalen Carter (IRL I don't know.  I have decided to give him benefit of doubt on his workout due to tragedy he just experienced, but IRL for me to take him I would have to believe he is motivated to be great. - he is best talent in entire draft and that is hard to pass on.  But his bust potential is really high.

2) Will Anderson - also has some bust potential.  A lot of his highlights show him unblocked.  He is not a slam dunk prospect many people say.  He is good though.  Has great hands.  

3) Tyree Wilson (I do have concerns about his foot - big tall guys with foot issues have ruined many BB players)

4) Paris Johnson  (I haven't looked at GA OT yet)

5) Will McDonald (This dude has scary bend.   If he had a bigger frame - he has loaded a lot of weight on a thin frame - he may be my number 1, maybe he should be anyway.  I am not sure what I am missing that so many other people have him so low.  Maybe I need to watch more.)

7) B. Jones. GA.  Great feet.  A lot of upside.  Needs to work on his hands and power.  

😎 JSN.   I really like him.  But note I get WR wrong in draft more than any other position.  I really liked Kevin White and Anthony Miller draft picks.  

9) AA from NW.  Tweener, but he has elite, elite athleticism.   I roll dice on him as a 3 tech.  He isn't that great at DE.   He is very powerful with long arms.  Upside is huge.  If he had better teammates up front he would have put up some big stats.

10 )  TULI TUIPULOTU.  I like him as edge.  His bend isn't great.  But he is a powerful athlete.  He does everything good, but nothing great.   A lot of people want him as 3 tech.  I don't like him there.  I like him on edge, but he could kick inside on long yardedge.  I think he can start in league and be good.  He does have upside.  I like him better than any of our current DL including our FA.  

11) Deonte Banks - Only CB I have watched thus far and there are 3 guys rated ahead of him.  Those guys must be really good.    He is more talented than any of our current CBs in my opinion.  Though I would say Jaylon Johnson is the better football player right now.  He just can't run like Banks.   If are going BPA and disregarding need, I probably have him at 6 on this list.  

12) Darnell Wright.  Solid RT.  No obvious weaknesses or flaws. Just doesn't have feet of Paris Johnson.   

13) Anton Harrison.  Probably more of a RT even though he played left.  A notch below Wright IMO.  

Still to evaluate:

1) Broderick Jones

2) Bryan Breese

3) Lukas Van Ness

... basically everyone else.

Edited by dll2000

Needing to find an OT in draft hamstrings us a bit.

I think there is very good chance all the good ones are gone by 53.

That means:

1)  Poles takes OT at 9.  Likely Paris IMO.  

2) Poles has to find someone good in draft to play OT at or after pick 53.   (Poles may feel he can do this - I am not so sure).   

3) He has to trade down from 9.  Likely picking up another pick between 9 and 53 or possibly a 2024 pick - then use one of later picks on OT.

4) He has to pick up a vet (likely that is later cut) to play OT.

5) He trades for a vet OT (not likely IMO).  

6) He drafts a guard/center fairly high and moves Jenkins to RT.  (possible - but I don't think they like that plan).   

7) Borom or Leatherwood is our starting RT. (I think Borom is better of two.)

I say the need hamstrings us because Poles may have some defenders rated higher than OTs as prospects that are on the board at 9.  

We will see if Poles goes BPA or need.    Will be interesting.  I guess we will never know for sure.

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Needing to find an OT in draft hamstrings us a bit.

I think there is very good chance all the good ones are gone by 53.

That means:

1)  Poles takes OT at 9.  Likely Paris IMO.  

2) Poles has to find someone good in draft to play OT after pick 53.   (Poles may feel he can do this - I am not so sure).   

3) He has to trade down from 9.  Likely picking up another pick between 9 and 53 or possibly a 2024 pick - then use one of later picks on OT.

4) He has to pick up a vet (likely that is later cut) to play OT.

5) He trades for a vet OT (not likely IMO).  

6) He drafts a guard/center fairly high and moves Jenkins to RT.  (possible - but I don't think they like that plan).   

7) Borom or Leatherwood is our starting RT. (I think Borom is better of two.)

I say the need hamstrings us because Poles may have some defenders rated higher than OTs as prospects that are on the board at 9.  

We will see if Poles goes BPA or need.    Will be interesting.  I guess we will never know for sure.

We will know for sure when Poles drafts a CB and 90% of this board absolutely loses their **** over it. Good times incoming.

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Thanks for the reminder,  I have to stock up on capital letters and exclamation points for that.  Also could come in handy if he drafts a LB or S. 

Target has a sale on them so you better act fast. Also, if it is a LB or S I will probably call off from work for the rest of the draft, buy a case of Red Bull and eat raw coffee grounds just so that I can stay awake to watch the reactions on this board.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Target has a sale on them so you better act fast. Also, if it is a LB or S I will probably call off from work for the rest of the draft, buy a case of Red Bull and eat raw coffee grounds just so that I can stay awake to watch the reactions on this board.

I can share a little sneak preview of my plans to be angry, doesn't really give too many spoilers but to give you a viewing guide:

S:  Announce the Bears are losing my fanship and taking on the significant financial losses in terms of the triannaul hat or shirt I won't be buying.

CB: Crafting a manifesto of everything Ryan Poles has done wrong in his life.  Will require deep research and profiling, if you have the addresses of his family and friends it would be a big help. If you can't do that, there will be a Patreon to support to cause. 

LB: I've got a couple snide jokes about playing in a 2-8-2 defense, and will point out that the DL is bad at least six times.

OT: Will point out how bad the DL is

DL: Will point out how bad the OL is

K: This one I'd actually be upset about, but it would be absolutely hilarious

QB: I'll have an AI chatbot synthesize great complaint letters from the past, and ask it to treat it with the gravity of an assassination or invasion

WR:  Will have to attempt to relay to my wife how funny CBears019's post about Jackson Smith Njigba's name was, this will fail

RB:  Charts. There are going to be charts, graphs all about value. Little dioramas (dioramii?) as well. 

• Like 3

I've said it before but Carter is off my board, at least in round 1.  If he somehow fell outside of it (highly unlikely, obviously) then I'd consider taking a flyer but he's got way too many red flags for a team that needs contributors now.  Taking such a risky player is not a luxury the Bears are in a position to take.

Edited by TankWilliams

10 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I can share a little sneak preview of my plans to be angry, doesn't really give too many spoilers but to give you a viewing guide:

S:  Announce the Bears are losing my fanship and taking on the significant financial losses in terms of the triannaul hat or shirt I won't be buying.

CB: Crafting a manifesto of everything Ryan Poles has done wrong in his life.  Will require deep research and profiling, if you have the addresses of his family and friends it would be a big help. If you can't do that, there will be a Patreon to support to cause. 

LB: I've got a couple snide jokes about playing in a 2-8-2 defense, and will point out that the DL is bad at least six times.

OT: Will point out how bad the DL is

DL: Will point out how bad the OL is

K: This one I'd actually be upset about, but it would be absolutely hilarious

QB: I'll have an AI chatbot synthesize great complaint letters from the past, and ask it to treat it with the gravity of an assassination or invasion

WR:  Will have to attempt to relay to my wife how funny CBears019's post about Jackson Smith Njigba's name was, this will fail

RB:  Charts. There are going to be charts, graphs all about value. Little dioramas (dioramii?) as well. 

This could be the most beautifully brilliant draft plan that I have ever read. 😢

48 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

True people search.com. It’s right at your fingertips.